GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow! Murray Quote from today's con call.

+13
wprager
Acrobat
Sp00nz
asq2
BigRig
Cap'n Clutch
jamvan
Riprock
PKC
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
Urkie
SensFan71
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Yeah, they gave him a minor league contract, he doesnt want to come up to Ottawa. He is happy there, had a house and a family there as well.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Yeah, they gave him a minor league contract, he doesnt want to come up to Ottawa. He is happy there, had a house and a family there as well.

definitely good for him and it's great for us, seems to be like a consumate team first guy.

SensFan71 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Yeah, they gave him a minor league contract, he doesnt want to come up to Ottawa. He is happy there, had a house and a family there as well.

definitely good for him and it's great for us, seems to be like a consumate team first guy.

Def a guy you want bringing the young guys along.

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

Boumeester will go to Toronto I have a feeling.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

sennies1980 wrote:Boumeester will go to Toronto I have a feeling.

That's probably where he goes but you never know. If they sign JBo then they'll have a lot of money tied up in defensemen with Kaberle, Kubina and Finger already there.

Urkie wrote:

That's probably where he goes but you never know. If they sign JBo then they'll have a lot of money tied up in defensemen with Kaberle, Kubina and Finger already there.

Kaberle and Kubina's NTC are void if the summer if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Kaberle and Kubina's NTC are void if the summer if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs.

I forgot about that N4L.

They would be smart if the traded Kubina, signed JBo and kept Kaberle. Their defense would be pretty good then. Hopefully they don't get JBo though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Kaberle and Kubina's NTC are void if the summer if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs.

People don't give JFJ enough credit for orchestrating that. We should have that for each of our NTC players.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a theory:

Brian Burke will want B.Schenn, but we'll be in the position to draft him - and they'll have the 10th pick. Burke will trade Kaberle to us along with the Leafs 10th overall for our 7th overall pick.

Bingo-bango - a top flight D-man for 4.25 million. cheers

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Kaberle and Kubina's NTC are void if the summer if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs.

People don't give JFJ enough credit for orchestrating that. We should have that for each of our NTC players.
That should be included in every contract that includes an NTC.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NTC's should be made a thing of the past. Only franchise players deserve NTCs. Players who were drafted by the organization, nurtured through the farm system, brought up as wet-behind-the-ears rookies, eventually winning the admiration of the fanbase.

Why does Kuba have a NTC? Bah! They want NTCs? Then the should abolish free agency.

True story. The only no trade clause allowed should be playing so well that the team would be retarded to trade you.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:True story. The only no trade clause allowed should be playing so well that the team would be retarded to trade you.

That would be the "I earned the right to dictate my future" clause...
I believe the only one who can lay claim to that right now in Ottawa is Alfie.

I like the idea of missing the playoffs voiding NTC/NMCs...only problem is that it would cause the UFAs to congregate towards teams that are already playoff contenders.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:
cash wrote:True story. The only no trade clause allowed should be playing so well that the team would be retarded to trade you.

That would be the "I earned the right to dictate my future" clause...
I believe the only one who can lay claim to that right now in Ottawa is Alfie.

I like the idea of missing the playoffs voiding NTC/NMCs...only problem is that it would cause the UFAs to congregate towards teams that are already playoff contenders.

And how is that any different from now? With the few exceptions (the "Show me the money" types) that's what happens.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

True enough.

Edit:

Perhaps the answer is to tie the relative performance of the player and the team - if the team falls off by 5% but the player by 10%, then the clause is void; it also means that if the player bumps by 5% but the team overachieves and jumps by 10%, then they also lose the protection.

The reference point could be GF, GA, shots, or whatever you choose as relevant for the position, type of player, etc in question.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:True enough.

Edit:

Perhaps the answer is to tie the relative performance of the player and the team - if the team falls off by 5% but the player by 10%, then the clause is void; it also means that if the player bumps by 5% but the team overachieves and jumps by 10%, then they also lose the protection.

The reference point could be GF, GA, shots, or whatever you choose as relevant for the position, type of player, etc in question.

I like where it's headed, because the logical conclusion is performance based contracts, and we can eventually get rid of agents. :BB:

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I like it.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Acrobat wrote:True enough.

Edit:

I like where it's headed, because the logical conclusion is performance based contracts, and we can eventually get rid of agents. :BB:

oh see now you are talking, make it like the real world then lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum