GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey guys,

I was just thinking this at the game last night and wondered what the answer was.

If for example Ottawa takes a penalty AND during the delayed call, Florida Ices the puck, where do they faceoff?

- Unknown Author

2New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:00 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wow... I have no idea... Neutral zone perhaps?

3New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's kinda like one of those tree falls in a forest type questions eh Cronie? LOL

I suspect it still goes into the offending teams zone but I just thought it was a bit of a head scratcher worthy of posting :D

- Unknown Author

4New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:54 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:It's kinda like one of those tree falls in a forest type questions eh Cronie? LOL

I suspect it still goes into the offending teams zone but I just thought it was a bit of a head scratcher worthy of posting :D

If a penalty is called no matter what happens the puck is dropped in the offending teams zone... It happened the other night... Don't remember who was playing but they were called for offside and the puck was still dropped in the zone...

5New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Always the offensive zone for the team with a PP (which is gonna lose someone a playoff series this year I think Smile)

6New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought it was simply the last penalty called. In other words lets say team A is on a 5 on 3, then team A gets a penalty. The faceoff would be in team A's end even though they are technically still on a powerplay with a one man advantage. Am I wrong in that thinking?

- Unknown Author

7New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I thought it was simply the last penalty called. In other words lets say team A is on a 5 on 3, then team A gets a penalty. The faceoff would be in team A's end even though they are technically still on a powerplay with a one man advantage. Am I wrong in that thinking?

Yes I am under the assumption it is last penalty called also...

8New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I thought it was simply the last penalty called. In other words lets say team A is on a 5 on 3, then team A gets a penalty. The faceoff would be in team A's end even though they are technically still on a powerplay with a one man advantage. Am I wrong in that thinking?

Yeah, that's right, that's a twisty scenario you threw out there. Smile

9New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Like I said. This is a topic worthy of discussion right?

- Unknown Author

10New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:32 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Actually, I have a somewhat related (or not) question. During the game, last night; right after the denied goal by alfredsson; why did the faceoff go to the ottawa zone?

11New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Actually, I have a somewhat related (or not) question. During the game, last night; right after the denied goal by alfredsson; why did the faceoff go to the ottawa zone?

Well it is a faceoff question so why not put it in here. I have no idea why that is. Perhaps because the puck was knocked down with a high stick? What happens normally when a puck is knocked down with a high stick in the opposing teams end?

- Unknown Author

12New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Actually, I have a somewhat related (or not) question. During the game, last night; right after the denied goal by alfredsson; why did the faceoff go to the ottawa zone?

Well it is a faceoff question so why not put it in here. I have no idea why that is. Perhaps because the puck was knocked down with a high stick? What happens normally when a puck is knocked down with a high stick in the opposing teams end?

yeah that's why it was in our end.... I have a feeling that rule may change next season too.. I think they will get rid of the crossbar rule...

13New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Empty Re: New Faceoff Rule after a penalty call Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Like I said. This is a topic worthy of discussion right?

Absolutely. I think this is gonna change a lot of games - and kill a team in the playoffs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum