GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Could you take a year of being the worst team in the league...

+2
Amnesia021
PTFlea
6 posters

Could you handle being the worst team in the league for the year to get Hedman and Tavares?

POLL: Could you take a year of being the worst team in the league... Vote_lcap248%POLL: Could you take a year of being the worst team in the league... Vote_rcap2 48% [ 12 ]
POLL: Could you take a year of being the worst team in the league... Vote_lcap252%POLL: Could you take a year of being the worst team in the league... Vote_rcap2 52% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

...in order to get both Hedman and Tavares.

Think about this one. It's tough.

*Kind of suggested by Amnesia021*

we already know what thats like

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tukker wrote:we already know what thats like

I know...could you do it again....now?

504Heater wrote:

\
not with the big 3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My goodness, I can't answer this question. I'll have to think about it for a while.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

\
not with the big 3

Excellent post Heater! 8)

I couldn't while it was happening, but looking back it might be ok. IF hedman & tavares are as good as suggested OR if we got the better of the two and some phenom goalie, then yes it might be worth it... Then we'd have the big 5...

Another question might be, Would you rather come in last place and land hedman or tavares or lose in the first or second round?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:
Excellent post Heater! 8)

I couldn't while it was happening, but looking back it might be ok. IF hedman & tavares are as good as suggested OR if we got the better of the two and some phenom goalie, then yes it might be worth it... Then we'd have the big 5...

Another question might be, Would you rather come in last place and land hedman or tavares or lose in the first or second round?

Screw it, I think I'd take the losing season and draft those guys. Trade one of them for Luongo and you're all set. :D

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'd take the losing season. You'd have to be nuts to answer this question any other way I think. Could you imagine what monster team we'd have the following year?

Tavares-Spezza-Heatley
Vermette-Fisher-Alfredsson
Winchester-Kelly-Foligno
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Phillips-Hedman
Volchenkov-Lee
Schubert-Karlsson

Weircioch

Elliott
backup

Jesus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Been there, done that (the early years). It took forever to build the team, and that was with the old CBA (higher RFA/UFA ages, little reason/incentive for offer sheets). Daigle and Yashin did not help, but there is a long an historied list of high first-round picks that did not pan out -- Vishnevski is just the latest (top five).

In today's climate (assuming the CBA is extended) you could not keep those guys for very long after they reached their potential. And we have enough studs on this team to ensure that any rookie would have a tought time getting the ice-time needed to develop quickly. How often do you see a good team win a Calder? Sure, it's usually the bottom feeders that get the top-five picks, but they also give the kids top-line/pairing minutes, because they don't have much choice. If the kid can handle it (many don't) then the reach their potential quickly. All his time here, Havlat could not break into the top-six (not that his injuries would have made much of a difference, of course).

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

How the hell do you think you get both. What am I missing?

-Is this about a Mesz offer sheet from a bottom feeder team, and then you guys tank also and somehow get both top picks?

As a Leafs fan I can tell you that I would GLADLY accept a year of dead last to get one of the 2. From a Sens persepctive, I see the team as still having a window of opportunity that is closing (Alfredsson).

I know that you would all probably tank to get both of those guys... but in reality, you don't tank when you are a potential contender.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

True Aetherial but, the question wasn't WILL they tank.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum