GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dandenault requests trade

+5
PKC
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
beerandsens
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:If you believe the speculation, which is more believable than the Ottawa ones that so many people believe, then it's guys like Price, Kostitsyn's, Markov even perhaps, and other younger players that are causing problems.

Look at the guys that have left or asked to be traded:

Georges Laraque
Steve Begin
Mathieu Dandenault
*Alex Kovalev

* While he hasn't really demanded a trade, there were rumors of discontent.

the veterans want out, does that mean they have had enough of the young players Dung or are there other reasons?

17Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:00 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote: the veterans want out, does that mean they have had enough of the young players Dung or are there other reasons?

It can actually be much simpler than anyone has surmised. Begin wants to play, he doesn't want to sit. Same with Dandenault. Same with Laraque.

These guys also need to show they are worth their salary. Either for their own pride, or to give themselves a chance to prolong their careers.

18Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:03 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote: the veterans want out, does that mean they have had enough of the young players Dung or are there other reasons?

It can actually be much simpler than anyone has surmised. Begin wants to play, he doesn't want to sit. Same with Dandenault. Same with Laraque.

These guys also need to show they are worth their salary. Either for their own pride, or to give themselves a chance to prolong their careers.

Laraque never fit in with Montreal's style anyway, it was just a montreal kid going back to the habs for the 100th celebration. if i was a player though, just from what has been happening, or even just rumoured to be happening, wouldn't go to the Habs.

19Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:40 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The latest is that Laraque has not asked to be dealt.

20Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:The latest is that Laraque has not asked to be dealt.

he had a change of heart or no trade value?

21Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:47 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds more like a misquote.

22Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:50 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Sounds more like a misquote.

that would never happen with the canadian media in a hockey town lol.

23Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:53 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I saw a Laraqeu interview a few days ago, he admited himself he has asked to be traded. I dont know how you can misquote that.

24Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I saw a Laraqeu interview a few days ago, he admited himself he has asked to be traded. I dont know how you can misquote that.

okay, considering he is available, who goes after him? any eastern team would want him, he is instant toughness, maybe back to Pitts?

25Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 am

SensFan71 wrote:
marakh wrote:I saw a Laraqeu interview a few days ago, he admited himself he has asked to be traded. I dont know how you can misquote that.
They are stuck with him. He still has 2 years at 1.5M per. That's a big pill to swallow.

okay, considering he is available, who goes after him? any eastern team would want him, he is instant toughness, maybe back to Pitts?

26Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
They are stuck with him. He still has 2 years at 1.5M per. That's a big pill to swallow.

I dunno, 1.5 mil is pretty close to the 1.3 ruutu earns, different kind of player, but still not a bad salary for muscle.

27Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I thought I heard this morning on TSN in an interview stating the opposite. Regardless, the team sucks and their are big problems.

28Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:31 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I dunno, 1.5 mil is pretty close to the 1.3 ruutu earns, different kind of player, but still not a bad salary for muscle.

Edmonton?

29Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:33 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Edmonton?

definitely an interesting idea, never even considered them, but having that added muscle would help in a playoff run.

30Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:37 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Definitely makes sense - returning to his former team where he had success. Edmonton is as far away from Montreal you can get. Edmonton is rumored to want to get some toughness (Neil was mentioned), they are in contention and they need the muscle to battle the Western teams.

31Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Definitely makes sense - returning to his former team where he had success. Edmonton is as far away from Montreal you can get. Edmonton is rumored to want to get some toughness (Neil was mentioned), they are in contention and they need the muscle to battle the Western teams.

I think I would opt for Neil over Laraque, not the same amount of toughness, but some more offensive ability, plus he has the annoyance factor going.

32Dandenault requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandenault requests trade Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/hockey/2009/02/27/laraque_backs_off_on/

Laraque backs off on trade talk

Georges Laraque will be back in the lineup when the Canadiens face the Philadelphia Flyers (7 p.m., TSN, RDS, CJAD Radio-800), but head coach Guy Carbonneau said the decision had nothing to do with Laraque's pique over not playing.

On Wednesday, Laraque said he was upset after being a healthy scratch for the last two games. Laraque added that if he had known the Canadiens weren't going to use him, he wouldn't have signed a three-year deal during the offseason that pays him $1.5 million U.S. a season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum