GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

JP Barry says the Sedins will seek 6-7 on a long term...

+8
SeawaySensFan
Acrobat
caissie_1
Riprock
Mojo
asq2
PKC
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

asq2 wrote:Daniel "AHL" Briere?

Briere has been part of some winning teams, has had a decent amount of success, and for the most part makes the teams he is on better. The Sedin's claim to fame is what? They look like each other... thats about it. I cant stand those 2 players and I think they are an absolute waste of time, money, and committment to any team that picks them up.

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

Other than Luongo, they have been the only players in Vancouver who have kept that team respectable, but there is no way they will/should get that money on the same team.

$6-7M is a joke. How disconnected is the NHL from the real world? WOW! Barely first line guys who have to come as a pair and need to have NTC's.... and $6-7M! F-off and go back to Sweeden.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't keep them. I highly doubt any team would pay one of them that much alone, but both of them? This whole sticking together thing is going to bite them in the Donkey.

If I am Vancouver, I trade them now, if there are any takers. I realize the troubles it could cause considering their lack of offense, but there are much better players out there you can get.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Wow! Is there really a team that want's to players for that cash. Whoever does sign them become's the new version of the Lighting, Sens!

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Wait - maybe he's talking $6-7M for both (ie. total)....because that's the only way that it's close to workable...

EDIT: n/m - I just reviewed and saw that this is what they mean. Still stupid, just not quite as stupid.

Last edited by Acrobat on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting my stupidity and commenting on theirs.)

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the "package deal" clause hurts their position. They will have to take reasonable salary or they are running themselves out of the league.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Anyone who gives those 2, that kind of cash should just shut down the franchise for the next 5 years. Good luck boys, you're gonna need it.
Burke?

Wink

shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Anyone who gives those 2, that kind of cash should just shut down the franchise for the next 5 years. Good luck boys, you're gonna need it.
Burke?

Wink
That move would actually make sense for the Leafs right now. Allows them to sell Jersey's and market the team, and at the same time they will be awful and can continue the rebuild.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Burke?

Wink
That move would actually make sense for the Leafs right now. Allows them to sell Jersey's and market the team, and at the same time they will be awful and can continue the rebuild.
They should have plenty of cap space...

Yup, they will. I think its a good move for Toronto for a few reasons. Def garentee them the basement for the next little while IMO.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Acrobat wrote:Wait - maybe he's talking $6-7M for both (ie. total)....because that's the only way that it's close to workable...

EDIT: n/m - I just reviewed and saw that this is what they mean. Still stupid, just not quite as stupid.

I don't think that is what they mean. They are already making over $7 million combined. Now granted I haven't heard this interview, but I don't see them asking for less money. Hockeybuzz seems to suggest that is the amount per player, not package. Considering they are both almost point per game players, I think &6-7 million per player makes a lot more sense.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

If it's per player, then it will cripple whichever team does ultimately sign them. They would be getting premiere-player money, without the performance.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Acrobat wrote:If it's per player, then it will cripple whichever team does ultimately sign them. They would be getting premiere-player money, without the performance.
The big unknown with them is how they'll play if they get separated. It's never happened, ever. If they want to stay together, they're going to have to take a lower salary, otherwise, it's splitsville.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Acrobat wrote:If it's per player, then it will cripple whichever team does ultimately sign them. They would be getting premiere-player money, without the performance.
The big unknown with them is how they'll play if they get separated. It's never happened, ever. If they want to stay together, they're going to have to take a lower salary, otherwise, it's splitsville.

what happens if a teams offers one of them 7M, but the other nothing? Or if all the offers are like that?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Acrobat wrote:
shabbs wrote:

what happens if a teams offers one of them 7M, but the other nothing? Or if all the offers are like that?
Then JP is gonna have to sell that idea to them. They've always been a package but I think those days are over...

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I too am seeking a 6-7 million dollar per year deal from my next employer. This is about as likely to happen as the Sedins getting that sort of money. They're just not that good.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well lets examine... 80 points each per year for those guys. i think 6 million dollars might see some takers. what about atlanta? especialy if they lose kovalchuk. maybe they can get them to agree to 11 for both? lets say to a 3-4 year contract till their other players get to ask for more. the NTC means for them that they won't be split.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum