GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has the day finally arrived?!

+12
Snuh
Vandelay
Mojo
Acrobat
davetherave
Jordo
wprager
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, this may NOT be news per se, but according to at least 3 sources last night, and considering if anyone watched Spezza's reaction to Hartsburg's dismissal (via tsn.ca) it looks like Spezza's days sporting a Sens uni will come to an end...

Rumors were flying to and fro yesterday afternoon and links of Spezza to Columbus, Atlanta and even NYI were propping up. Fact is, Murray will want to stockpile picks as he navigates the Sens in the direction he sees fit, and apparently, one would assume Melnyk is on board.

also said to be gone are Kuba, Neil, Schubert, McAmmond and even Vermette by March 4th.

Should be an exciting couple of weeks.

Stay tuned for updates.

2Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 am

I maintain my scenario that sends Jason to L.A. for Quincey or Johnson and Tuebert or Hickey plus a 1st.

I'm also hearing two other things now...although they arn't from a source that I would cal reliable at all, but I'm hearing Heatley is very much in play, and that Fisher has stated he'll waive his NTC if they wish to move him.

3Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dawg's Wife wrote:I maintain my scenario that sends Jason to L.A. for Quincey or Johnson and Tuebert or Hickey plus a 1st.

I'm also hearing two other things now...although they arn't from a source that I would cal reliable at all, but I'm hearing Heatley is very much in play, and that Fisher has stated he'll waive his NTC if they wish to move him.

Thank God.

Fisher for a 5th rounder, future considerations, whatever it takes. PLEASE!!!!

4Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 am

There are more teams that will take him and his contract rather then Spezza's. I'll back that up till the death.

5Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:There are more teams that will take him and his contract rather then Spezza's. I'll back that up till the death.

Good.

Let's spend the money elsewhere. As far as Spezza goes, this organization will NEVER hire the right coach to straighten this guy out that's the reason he's got to go, NOW.

Get rid of a couple of forwards and spend that money in goal and/or on defense. The names matter very little to me.

6Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:I maintain my scenario that sends Jason to L.A. for Quincey or Johnson and Tuebert or Hickey plus a 1st.

Thank God.

Fisher for a 5th rounder, future considerations, whatever it takes. PLEASE!!!!

In a perfect world...I'd bring Tambellini into town. Cook him a nice dinner, whisper sweet nothings into his ear and then convince him that Fisher would look great in Edmonton. All we would want back would be Jordan Eberle.

Couple that with the L.A. deal and Ottawa would clear 11 million off the cap while taking a fraction of that back. They would pick up 1 PMD immediately in Quincey or Johnson, and Tuebert or Hickey play a hybrid role of PMD and a Shutdown guy. They also get a 2nd line player in Eberle who in a couple of years will excel on this team.

I've said before that L.A. has 8 Defensemen either currently on their roster or will be within 2-3 years and they won't be able to keep them all. What they don't have is a wealth of forwards, specifically C's to help them with the good wingers they have. To me that's a marriage made in heaven.

Edmonton has some fantastic forward talent coming, but some would say not enough grit. Potulny, O'Mara, Eberle, Nash, Schremp, Brule are among their brigher stars.

This of course is all wishful thinking.

7Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:47 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:There are more teams that will take him and his contract rather then Spezza's. I'll back that up till the death.

Good.

Let's spend the money elsewhere. As far as Spezza goes, this organization will NEVER hire the right coach to straighten this guy out that's the reason he's got to go, NOW.

Get rid of a couple of forwards and spend that money in goal and/or on defense. The names matter very little to me.

I still like Fisher, and Im not against trading him, but if we are rebuilding he would be a good guy to have around IMO. Does a lot off the ice as well for Ottawa.

He cares which means a lot to me as a fan.

8Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm also willing to give him a mulligan on this season. Look back at his stats and you'll see this is the only year he's struggled this badly. Even last season he still managed 40 + points playing through injuries and goal slumps.

- Unknown Author

9Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:53 am

Im not even concerned about his production through a rebuild, its not as important as it would be for others. He is the guy to show the young guys what hockey mean here, what it means to be a leader, a hard worker, and part of the community.

There is more to playing in the NHL than just being a hockey player, a lot more. Thats something that certain players have never understood.

10Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Trading Spezza before the draft would be Diddle stupid.

11Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Depends on the deal honestly.

12Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Yes it does and the deal will, almost invariably, be better at the draft.

13Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:51 pm

It could, but again, it all depends on what the deal is... Im not saying you're wrong, its just relative to what the needs and wants are of Ottawa.

14Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

UPDATE!

Just received confirmation from another source stating that, and I quote: "Ottawa and LA are 100% talking deal; however cannot share details at this point."

So, one could argue that this isn't new, but I thought I'd pass it along nonetheless.

15Has the day finally arrived?! Empty Re: Has the day finally arrived?! Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:UPDATE!

Just received confirmation from another source stating that, and I quote: "Ottawa and LA are 100% talking deal; however cannot share details at this point."

So, one could argue that this isn't new, but I thought I'd pass it along nonetheless.

Yeah, the deal is "Please make my latest non-NHL coach look good, Terry, and I'll give you back the Boom Boom Geoffrion card I took when we were kids".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum