GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

That famous "20 game mark" has arrived

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1That famous "20 game mark" has arrived Empty That famous "20 game mark" has arrived Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, we're 20 games into the season. I know some of you hate using the "20 game mark" as a reference point, but whatever. I'll use it if I want to. The last three games have shown us a whole different Sens team. The two shoot-out losses were tough but the team showed character and played together. Today's win over the Rangers was an all-around great effort end to end by the Sens with the role players doing what they needed to do to get the job done. Ruutu was a monster. I think the huge hit on Phillips may have finally woken him up.

So, yeah, we're in the basement of the Conference, but I feel a lot better about this team now. I'm hoping they can continue to build on this, get the "jam" they've been missing so badly and start to play as a team on a consistent night-in, night-out basis. Who knows where we'll end up at the end of the season.

Hope remains...

shabbs wrote:So, we're 20 games into the season. I know some of you hate using the "20 game mark" as a reference point, but whatever. I'll use it if I want to. The last three games have shown us a whole different Sens team. The two shoot-out losses were tough but the team showed character and played together. Today's win over the Rangers was an all-around great effort end to end by the Sens with the role players doing what they needed to do to get the job done. Ruutu was a monster. I think the huge hit on Phillips may have finally woken him up.

So, yeah, we're in the basement of the Conference, but I feel a lot better about this team now. I'm hoping they can continue to build on this, get the "jam" they've been missing so badly and start to play as a team on a consistent night-in, night-out basis. Who knows where we'll end up at the end of the season.

Hope remains...

I think this next stretch will really tell the tale of the Sens coming up. Although the Sens did play well this last week, they did play 2 teams that have seem to have lost their way a bit in the last few weeks and perhaps those are the teams that the Sens needed to play to get some confidence back. They have a big stretch of home games coming up before the WJC's here and this will decide the season in Ottawa. Either we are in 8th or higher looking to improve, or we are 10 plus points out and somewhere near the basement. BIG month for the Sens in December.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:
I think this next stretch will really tell the tale of the Sens coming up. Although the Sens did play well this last week, they did play 2 teams that have seem to have lost their way a bit in the last few weeks and perhaps those are the teams that the Sens needed to play to get some confidence back. They have a big stretch of home games coming up before the WJC's here and this will decide the season in Ottawa. Either we are in 8th or higher looking to improve, or we are 10 plus points out and somewhere near the basement. BIG month for the Sens in December.

Amen. We're not out of the woods yet, but at least we found our compass and know the way out.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Headed in the right direction with progress... that's all I want at this point in time...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Headed in the right direction with progress... that's all I want at this point in time...

I can't believe, though, the easy time we gave Redden. We all know he hates being hit and that's the way to get him off his game. Yet time and again they let up on him. I can understand Spezza letting him off easy (Spezza's not a big hitter, and Wade was one of his buds), but the others? Surely if Neil was out there Redden would have had a little of the black rubbed off on his chin (or are the elbows red-trim?)

But it was beautiful to see Winch out-muscle him (nah, probably not the right word) on the goal.

I dont know, I found Redden was hit anytime the puck was between him and the boards. I think Hartsberg did a good job getting on their D and defently Redden.

That goal Winny scored Redden was defently stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Had to make a choice with Vermette screming down the right side, Eastwood brought that up in the post-game show. Still good seeing the guy get burned, but I have kind of forgotten about Redden, I just dont care what he does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum