GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New coach time

+5
PTFlea
caissie_1
dennycrane
Cronie
davetherave
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who (if anyone) should take over behind the Sens bench

New coach time - Page 2 Vote_lcap237%New coach time - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 37% [ 7 ]
New coach time - Page 2 Vote_lcap221%New coach time - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 4 ]
New coach time - Page 2 Vote_lcap216%New coach time - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
New coach time - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%New coach time - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
New coach time - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%New coach time - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
New coach time - Page 2 Vote_lcap216%New coach time - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
New coach time - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%New coach time - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:06 pm

dennycrane wrote:The Sens need to decide who the coach will be next year. If it someone who is available now, then sign him. If it is someone under contract elsewhere, finish the season with Hartsburg.

I thought it was time to replace Hartsburg five minutes after the buffoon was hired.

:lol!:

This begs the question: Were you happy about the hiring for the first 4:59?

17New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 pm

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

I voted Torts cause i feel he is the only coach who can ever get something out of this team. He is the hard Donkey they need.

18New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Trade a few of the slackers and suddenly the team becomes much easier to coach... :pirat:

19New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Torts. Bring him in and see if you can salvage Spezza and Heatley's careers as Sens. By the summer you'll know where you stand with them - especially Spezza, which is important obviously because of his NTC kicking in July 1.

20New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hartsburg gets another chance next season IMO. Very short leash though.

- Unknown Author

21New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm the lone vote for Murray Smile

To me, having a coach and GM who are on the same page is very important. It's not like, with assistant coaches and Blackberries all around that you need two separate people. Plus Melnyk would save on some salary -- maybe he could afford to charge less for parking.

22New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:I had to vote Torts. Now, granted I did NOT watch tonight's game, but most of you are describing it as a travesty, so I'm glad I didn't ruin my retinas just yet.

I'm voting for Torts mainly because he is a hot-head and passionate and he would get under their skin and make them work REAL quick, which is what this team needs. Now, I only hope his tactics and antics don't wear thin should he be brought in. This season is over, and I think the honest and clear-headed fans have known it for a while, so Murray should get the best return he can manage (while he's still employed) and then Melnyk should clean house and start anew...

I am still in shock as to how this train got derailed SO f**kin' fast! It's disgusting to say the least, but no point dwelling on it, time to move on and make the best of it.

Fast? It's been going on for 13 months.

23New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I had to vote Torts. Now, granted I did NOT watch tonight's game, but most of you are describing it as a travesty, so I'm glad I didn't ruin my retinas just yet.

I'm voting for Torts mainly because he is a hot-head and passionate and he would get under their skin and make them work REAL quick, which is what this team needs. Now, I only hope his tactics and antics don't wear thin should he be brought in. This season is over, and I think the honest and clear-headed fans have known it for a while, so Murray should get the best return he can manage (while he's still employed) and then Melnyk should clean house and start anew...

I am still in shock as to how this train got derailed SO f**kin' fast! It's disgusting to say the least, but no point dwelling on it, time to move on and make the best of it.

Fast? It's been going on for 13 months.

It got derailed in a single week, and it rolled in the sand for 13 months...

24New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:43 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

yeah, my bad. I meant to say that in the grand scheme, how you go from SCF to THIS in 2 years seems pretty quick and I am still in awe of it all.

We all know Melnyk wants results NOW and not next year, so he may end up making a move real quick. Will it constitute a 'panic' move or not depends on who you ask, but since it's his team (essentially) and his $$ flying out the door, I can't say I blame him in being pissed and slightly close to panicking (trust me, behind closed doors, he's PISSED and quite concerned about the Sens current and prospective revenues for the coming years).

25New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Melnyk is only concerned about the revenue and not the success of the team then all that's left for him to do is make a blockbuster move to bring in someone that fans would pay to see. Is that even possible? There certainly isn't a move out there to salvage this season IMO so it's all about flash if he's worried about butts in the seats at this point.

- Unknown Author

26New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:51 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
dennycrane wrote:The Sens need to decide who the coach will be next year. If it someone who is available now, then sign him. If it is someone under contract elsewhere, finish the season with Hartsburg.

I thought it was time to replace Hartsburg five minutes after the buffoon was hired.

:lol!:

This begs the question: Were you happy about the hiring for the first 4:59?

He didn't know about it until then - they hadn't held the presser.

27New coach time - Page 2 Empty Re: New coach time Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:53 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

caissie_1 wrote:I voted Torts cause i feel he is the only coach who can ever get something out of this team. He is the hard Donkey they need.

I'd argue that Nolan could do it (see his history with Buffalo, NYI).
Only difference is the lack of sound bites. And I get the impression that the fact he had (some) success in the NHL gives him more credibility from a player perspective.

EDIT: having said that, I'd suspect it will be Murray due to financial considerations. And I think he'll have as much success as his predecessors. The only difference is that the players will (should) know that he is also the one who can pull the trigger on a trade, instead of it being a "coach convince GM, then player gets traded" scenario.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum