GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New coach time

+5
PTFlea
caissie_1
dennycrane
Cronie
davetherave
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who (if anyone) should take over behind the Sens bench

New coach time Vote_lcap237%New coach time Vote_rcap2 37% [ 7 ]
New coach time Vote_lcap221%New coach time Vote_rcap2 21% [ 4 ]
New coach time Vote_lcap216%New coach time Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
New coach time Vote_lcap20%New coach time Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
New coach time Vote_lcap25%New coach time Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
New coach time Vote_lcap216%New coach time Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
New coach time Vote_lcap25%New coach time Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New coach time Empty New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Is it the coaches fault that we're in this mess? Thats debatable...

Is it time for a new coach, regardless? I'd have to say yes.

What do you think?

2New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:48 pm

I'd be happy with either Torts or Quinn. I'm leaning towards Torts, since he'd melt the paint in the locker room with some of his nuclear meltdowns, and have the added benefit of his sound bytes :D

EDIT: I would also pray that he could turn Spezza around the way he turned Lecavalier into such a force.

3New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:20 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hmm...we have Teddy tied with Torts Wink

4New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had to vote Torts. Now, granted I did NOT watch tonight's game, but most of you are describing it as a travesty, so I'm glad I didn't ruin my retinas just yet.

I'm voting for Torts mainly because he is a hot-head and passionate and he would get under their skin and make them work REAL quick, which is what this team needs. Now, I only hope his tactics and antics don't wear thin should he be brought in. This season is over, and I think the honest and clear-headed fans have known it for a while, so Murray should get the best return he can manage (while he's still employed) and then Melnyk should clean house and start anew...

I am still in shock as to how this train got derailed SO f**kin' fast! It's disgusting to say the least, but no point dwelling on it, time to move on and make the best of it.

5New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:52 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cro, be happy you didn't see this afternoon's game. It was emblematic of everything wrong with this team.

El gets shelled, Auld gets mauled.

Zero defensive coverage.

The Caps at half-speed leave the Sens standing still.

Neil takes out Picard for the rest of the game with a missed hit meant for Semin.

Heatley shows up in the third.

6New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Auld got mauled?! Neil nailed Picard!?!?
Jebus!! There goes his trade value!! LOL
f**k Neil, almost a million $ and you can't invest in a good pair of glasses or contacts!??!

am I ever glad I missed today's tilt.

I expect a Melnyk presser tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

7New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Auld got mauled?! Neil nailed Picard!?!?
Jebus!! There goes his trade value!! LOL
f**k Neil, almost a million $ and you can't invest in a good pair of glasses or contacts!??!

am I ever glad I missed today's tilt.

I expect a Melnyk presser tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

From Gene's last presser: "You know, the excuses are over. We're down to the stretch run and this is the time that it's either going to happen or not happen."

The Senators since EuMel's shout out:
1-2-0, 7GF, 9GA, now 14 points out of 8th. Coming up at SBP: LA, Boston, Buffalo.

They may not be looking forward to coming home.

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

8New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Gotta ride out the year. Cant make a change in season, it would do absolutly nothing.

9New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:25 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

N4L, can Uncle Gene's blood pressure stand it?

10New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:48 pm

Who knows, they still have 30 plus games to win 26, 27 games, lol.

4 Against Boston, 1 against San Jose, 1 Against NJ, Everyone else is basically fighting for a playoff spot so we are gonna get every teams best effot. That and there is not team chemistry in Ottawa or motivation.

Im not even kidding when I say this, if we win 10 games the rest of the year, I will be a little surprised.

11New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:55 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens need to decide who the coach will be next year. If it someone who is available now, then sign him. If it is someone under contract elsewhere, finish the season with Hartsburg.

I thought it was time to replace Hartsburg five minutes after the buffoon was hired.

12New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:55 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Who knows, they still have 30 plus games to win 26, 27 games, lol.

4 Against Boston, 1 against San Jose, 1 Against NJ, Everyone else is basically fighting for a playoff spot so we are gonna get every teams best effot. That and there is not team chemistry in Ottawa or motivation.

Im not even kidding when I say this, if we win 10 games the rest of the year, I will be a little surprised.

You are probably right about that.

Panzeri's story about the game today presents a bleak picture.
http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id=fc4f637a-9607-4b49-a09a-2f4b99acc20c

And check out Hartsburg's quote from that story:
"The thing for us right now is that we have to play the game with a lot more pride than what we started this game with," he said. "You know what? (Washington) is a great team, and they exposed some things in us, but we have to take a lot more pride in ourselves as a team right from the start of hockey games."

Last edited by davetherave on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

13New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:06 pm

dennycrane wrote:The Sens need to decide who the coach will be next year. If it someone who is available now, then sign him. If it is someone under contract elsewhere, finish the season with Hartsburg.

I thought it was time to replace Hartsburg five minutes after the buffoon was hired.

:lol!:

This begs the question: Were you happy about the hiring for the first 4:59?

14New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I voted Torts cause i feel he is the only coach who can ever get something out of this team. He is the hard Donkey they need.

15New coach time Empty Re: New coach time Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Trade a few of the slackers and suddenly the team becomes much easier to coach... :pirat:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum