GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

And the Scratch today is......Picard!!

+9
dennycrane
caissie_1
asq2
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Empty And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:25 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

This was a long time coming, IMO.

Picard will be the Healthy Scratch tonight.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/29/8193076.html

Smith will play. Picard apparently saw it coming. Or so he says.

I am glad they are not sitting Smith again. Hopefully Hartsburg had a discussion with Picard as to why he was scratched and gave him things to work on, rather than just posting the lineup in the dressing room.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good call because Picard has the skill to step it up when he gets back, if he actually cares.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good, he's sucked very badly recently. Head out of your arse, or you'll be moved for a pick this summer.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Score the lone goal and that wins you a seat?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Score the lone goal and that wins you a seat?

It had to be a Game winner for him to get a free pass Wink

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, in all fairness, Picard hasn't been playing so hot (I know, I know, most of the team hasn't, but that's another topic) so I like this move. Hopefully Smith isn't too bitter and we'll see how these boys come out tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Score the lone goal and that wins you a seat?

He's been horrendous lately. Along with every single other D-man we have not named Volchenkov.

Good to see that the coaches see it too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Next is Bell. I guarantee it.

10And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Empty Re: And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Next SHOULD be Phillips if we're starting with D men.

- Unknown Author

11And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Empty Re: And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Hartsburg is unreal, man... This was the right move against New Jersey, not St. Louis. NJD plays a style where you can afford to be bigger and slower on defense. We should have had a 3rd pairing of Smith-Schubert. On the other hand, St. Louis is a team where you can benefit from having a faster, more mobile D.
More confusing than anything was the insane decision to put Volchenkov with Bell. The one thing I am 100% certain in is my ability to design lines and combinations and that is not a good combo. Hartsburg and his line choices shows an incredible ineptitude for proper lineup creation.

w/e though....With any luck, he'll choose against that God-awful duo of Smith-Kuba and actually make pairs that work (Volchie-Kuba, Smith-Bell). It shouldn't matter against this team, but its not a good trend...

12And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Empty Re: And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:34 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

MurderOnIce wrote:I am glad they are not sitting Smith again. Hopefully Hartsburg had a discussion with Picard as to why he was scratched and gave him things to work on, rather than just posting the lineup in the dressing room.

It says in the article that Picard knew about it after yesterday's practice. And Hartsburg said that he needs to play a full game when he plays. So, he knows why. It's about time this guy gets scratched, he's very hot and cold.

13And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Empty Re: And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thing with Bell is, he's doing what's asked of him. He's just nowhere near an elite D man, but for $500K, he's doing what Murray brought him in to do.

I'd rather sit someone like Schubert but I'm sure they have a game plan...

14And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Empty Re: And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cronenbergfan wrote:Thing with Bell is, he's doing what's asked of him. He's just nowhere near an elite D man, but for $500K, he's doing what Murray brought him in to do.

I'd rather sit someone like Schubert but I'm sure they have a game plan...

He's sitting too isn't he?

15And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Empty Re: And the Scratch today is......Picard!! Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh maybe he is... I hadn't checked...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum