GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melnyk Loses It

+10
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
COLLAR UP
Snuh
PTFlea
Cronie
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:25 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

COLLAR UP wrote:all I am saying is that intentions do not always give us excuses...

certainly I am sure he didn't intend on saying go out and become a suicide bomber...nonetheless that is basically what he said...and it is offensive to many people...intended or not...

we cannot use the "intention" excuse...in life there are things we shouldn't say...and what Melnyk said is definitely one of them!

Yes and no... You can say the same thing about comedy... If he said that in order to be funny then does that make it ok??? I'm not trying to knock on you, but your avatar is a picture of a pedophile. Sure his character is farce, but does that make it ok to laugh about pedophilia??? I know the difference is the context, but at the same time kids won't be listening to Melnyk speak, yet kids will watch Family Guy. I think a lot is being made out of nothing.

32Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

CollarUp (btw, miss your old avatar, this one gives me the creeps, although his version of Gandalf's fight with the Balrog was priceless). Anyway, what was my point ... oh, yeah.

I'm sure when they asked whether he's thinking of blowing up the team they meant it in a figurative way, not literal. I think we're all in agreement here that Melnyk's retort was just as figurative.

Don't throw Melnyk under the bus (not being literal here) unless you start with the press first.

33Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:15 pm

COLLAR UP wrote:all I am saying is that intentions do not always give us excuses...

certainly I am sure he didn't intend on saying go out and become a suicide bomber...nonetheless that is basically what he said...and it is offensive to many people...intended or not...

we cannot use the "intention" excuse...in life there are things we shouldn't say...and what Melnyk said is definitely one of them!

Hold on a second...to take what he said which was, "They should go blow themselves up", and turn that into he was basically saying that they should be suicide bombers is just a stupid retort.

I'm sorry I hate that word, but that arguement is stupid.

He didn't basically say that they should become suicide bombers, he basically said that anyone who thought this team should be blown up, should go to hell. That's the hidden meaning behind the statement.

I'm not defending what he said. I took offense to it as the sister of a major who has served two tours in Afghanistan. Funny thing, was my sister didn't blink an eye, and she said most military people she has talked to about it laughed it off as over reaction by people who are thousands of miles away from the real situation.

I think people should stop reading hidden meaning into statements from anyone who works for the team and just wait for this whole thing to play out.

What has happened to this city of ours. Has a losing team made us all crazy. People want to string Pierre McGuire up for saying we are provincial because we are rallying behind a rookie goalie. Who cares what that bald freak thinks. My god, what has he done? Really, does his opinion hold so much value that we worry what he says on TV about our players. Say what he wants, if/when Elliott becomes the savior for this team he'll eat plenty of crow, you know the fans won't allow anythying less.

When Melnyk makes outlandish statements in the press we all call for his head, but in general we are fine when Garrioch or Brennan make just as stupid a remark and chalk it up to them being them.

We are critical of Murray for not making a deal to help the team, but we all admit that he likely isn't being given anything to deal with. I can guarantee that Murray has held talks about trading some players, however what's being offered in return is crap. Should he trade just to keep us happy, or wait until a deal makes sense for the team.

Sorry to spout off, but reading all these blogs lately has me shaking my head wondering what's gone wrong with us.

Dawg's Wife

34Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:

Hold on a second...to take what he said which was, "They should go blow themselves up", and turn that into he was basically saying that they should be suicide bombers is just a stupid retort.

I'm sorry I hate that word, but that arguement is stupid.

He didn't basically say that they should become suicide bombers, he basically said that anyone who thought this team should be blown up, should go to hell. That's the hidden meaning behind the statement.

I'm not defending what he said. I took offense to it as the sister of a major who has served two tours in Afghanistan. Funny thing, was my sister didn't blink an eye, and she said most military people she has talked to about it laughed it off as over reaction by people who are thousands of miles away from the real situation.

I think people should stop reading hidden meaning into statements from anyone who works for the team and just wait for this whole thing to play out.

What has happened to this city of ours. Has a losing team made us all crazy. People want to string Pierre McGuire up for saying we are provincial because we are rallying behind a rookie goalie. Who cares what that bald freak thinks. My god, what has he done? Really, does his opinion hold so much value that we worry what he says on TV about our players. Say what he wants, if/when Elliott becomes the savior for this team he'll eat plenty of crow, you know the fans won't allow anythying less.

When Melnyk makes outlandish statements in the press we all call for his head, but in general we are fine when Garrioch or Brennan make just as stupid a remark and chalk it up to them being them.

We are critical of Murray for not making a deal to help the team, but we all admit that he likely isn't being given anything to deal with. I can guarantee that Murray has held talks about trading some players, however what's being offered in return is crap. Should he trade just to keep us happy, or wait until a deal makes sense for the team.

Sorry to spout off, but reading all these blogs lately has me shaking my head wondering what's gone wrong with us.

Dawg's Wife

Thank you for that dose of reality. I think we (meaning most Ottawa fans) sometimes need to chill a little. We've become a little too used to winning (winning is good, taking it for granted isn't).

35Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:22 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Dawgs wife, you couldn't have said it any better. I question things that go on and what things are said but in the end I am proud to say I am a Sens Fan win or lose. As for Melynk if it wasnt for him buying this team we may not even be here talking about a Sens team.

36Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Holy Crap!!!! Acrobat and Phoenix are two different people??? I never knew...

37Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:13 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Holy Crap!!!! Acrobat and Phoenix are two different people??? I never knew...
:lol!:

38Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Naw, same. Different personalities.
He's the sane part.

Wink

39Melnyk Loses It - Page 3 Empty Re: Melnyk Loses It Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 am

shabbs

shabbs