GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zajak for Phillips. Would you do this TRADE?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was speaking with a NJ fan interested in Phillips and would be willing to offer Travis Zajak if it were up to him. I was intrigued.

Would you do that deal?

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

As much as I love the big rig, I definitely would do this trade as we have lots of shutdown D and much younger. Zajac is someone we could need and use right away.

in a second.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Reluctantly from a nostalgia POV, but hockey-wise it makes sense for us.

However, Zajac is a big part of that team. They shouldn't deal him.

I would do this trade so fast Lou would be left spinning in his office chair. INSTANT deal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Reluctantly from a nostalgia POV, but hockey-wise it makes sense for us.

However, Zajac is a big part of that team. They shouldn't deal him.

I agree. It doesn't make sense for NJ to do this.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They'll go for one of the offensive guys at the deadline. Is Zajac having a monster year because of Elias and Parise? Or is he coming into his own?

The thought was that this guy would be a good 2nd liner - not great - but good.

Always beware of the player who explodes in a contract year.

Still...I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

From a pure hockey perspective, it is probably the right thing to do, but something in me says that Phillips should be given the right to retire a Senator, if he so chooses.

Then again, there was a time (not the last two years, though) when I thought the same about Redden.

Yep. I cannot imagine Phillips' value going anywhere but down. If we do indeed rebuild, Zajac would be a nice addition, and trading Phillips sooner rather than later probably increases the return for him.

Neil let that drag on way too long. Any momentum gained was sapped by the duration of that fight.

The fact that Foligno is on this 2nd unit bothers me to no end. I realize he's potted a few in his time on the PP, but he has the vision of Ray Charles and the puck sense of a dead guy.

apparently I'm in the wrong thread...and talking to myself.
Puking2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum