GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Chris Phillips Saga/Trade/Re-Sign Thread

+8
BigRig
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

12 days left, he's said that he wants to stay and help the rebuild [with Alfie].

Murray doesn't know anything about it apparently.

Hasn't been asked to waive the NTC - yet.

Some people are seriously against keeping him, most are tentatively okay with the thought.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I am of the opinion that we should keep Phillips to help with the rebuild. However, I was also figuring we'd hold on to Kelly. So, it seems it's open season on the Sens as far as Melnyk/Murray are concerned. I do hope we keep him though.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm okay with keeping him, but not at the salary he was making, he'll have to take a pay cut whether he likes it or not. If he wants to stay as badly as it sounds, he will.

As you said on Twitter SpezD, you can't buy that kind of loyalty.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's the video of his scrum today:

He said if it ends up happening (him staying for the rebuild), he would make the most of it. More reporters blowing people's words out of proportion.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think Phillips has enough jam to influence/help the youngsters. He's worn the A all season and has been too passive a leader IMHO.

4 + 17 = 417, and they both should get on it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I don't think Phillips has enough jam to influence/help the youngsters. He's worn the A all season and has been too passive a leader IMHO.

4 + 17 = 417, and they both should get on it.

Ha. Nice. I think 17 will be sticking around though.

As for #4, his comments to the media were pretty much what anybody in his spot would say. He would never say he wants out.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Boy- after watching the video of Chris Phillips, It's clear to me that Buffet Garioch took him way out of context. The video reassures me that CP will waives if he's asked to, but ultimately wants to stay.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Boy- after watching the video of Chris Phillips, It's clear to me that Buffet Garioch took him way out of context. The video reassures me that CP will waives if he's asked to, but ultimately wants to stay.

Buffet is a drama queen and he loves to write soap operas revolving around the Senators.

Furthermore, Garrioch... chicken wings... buffet... entire hip of beef... and so on and so forth...

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

I'm all for Philips staying AS LONG AS they can somehow trade Gonchar and then buyout Kuba in the offseason (should cost 1.2M per for two years)

If he's around, fine. Alfie and Philips can stay here until retirement but the Gonch has got to go. The young Dmen coming up need icetime and he's in the way.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BigRig wrote:
I'm all for Philips staying AS LONG AS they can somehow trade Gonchar and then buyout Kuba in the offseason (should cost 1.2M per for two years)

If he's around, fine. Alfie and Philips can stay here until retirement but the Gonch has got to go. The young Dmen coming up need icetime and he's in the way.

The more I think about it, the more untradeable Gonchar is. The fact that he has two more years at $5.5M per is quite ridiculous. Oh well, we'll see.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I'm okay with keeping him, but not at the salary he was making, he'll have to take a pay cut whether he likes it or not. If he wants to stay as badly as it sounds, he will.

As you said on Twitter SpezD, you can't buy that kind of loyalty.

Yeah, that loyalty is a wonderful thing to see in this day and age.

The question is so important: who are we keeping for this rebuild? Is Phillips one of them? Because, he's been amazingly bad, what's to say he bounces back?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Boy- after watching the video of Chris Phillips, It's clear to me that Buffet Garioch took him way out of context. The video reassures me that CP will waives if he's asked to, but ultimately wants to stay.

Buffet is a drama queen and he loves to write soap operas revolving around the Senators.

Furthermore, Garrioch... chicken wings... buffet... entire hip of beef... and so on and so forth...
Meatball sub.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Meatball sub.

Drool

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/from_almost_out_the_door_to_new_contract_talk_for_chris_phillips/

Making $3.5 million this season, Phillips will have to take less money to stay. Neither side has discussed numbers and that could be part of Friday’s discussion.

“We’ve indicated that there’s a strong possibility (Phillips can stay) if Chris is inclined to do so,” said Murray. “The only question I asked: If it doesn’t fit financially for him or if what we’re doing here going younger (doesn’t work), give us an answer early enough.”

Murray said he will not force Phillips to waive his no-movement clause. But sources say there’s plenty of interest with Boston, Montreal, Vancouver and San Jose all looking for blue-line he
lp.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed 100%. SENSationalist journalism.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum