GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much?

+7
rooneypoo
asq2
andyman998
LethalLehner
Cronie
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:34 pm

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

Maybe they were saying RuuTooth. That would sound like boo too. Smile

17Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Here's the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ira5bRRaM

18Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I don't like Ruutu personally.

19Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:24 pm

andyman998

andyman998
Prospect
Prospect

I did not hear one boo in the whole clip. Fans were clearly yelling Ruuutuu. Plus he won that competition due to receiving the loudest cheers from the fans.

I was there and did not hear one boo.

20Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

andyman998 wrote:I did not hear one boo in the whole clip. Fans were clearly yelling Ruuutuu. Plus he won that competition due to receiving the loudest cheers from the fans.

I was there and did not hear one boo.

Nice to have you on-board. :D

21Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Here's the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ira5bRRaM

Clearly "Ruuuuuutuuuuu"s. confused

22Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I was at the Sens Skills today and couldn't get over how the fans were booing Ruutu.

WTF is up with that!

I love the guy. He's got the 'tude. His antics with the blonde wig and flaming skates were priceless.....

OTOH, the fans loved Elliot....

I was there too and I heard RUUUTUUUU and NOT boooooo. I don't think they hate him unless you were trying to be sarcastic there and I missed it. The fans loved him actually and loved his shoot out antics as well.

- Unknown Author

23Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:08 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:they were interviewing a kid, who was asking questions. They were booing here.

during the shootout skill, boos + Ruutus

I guess I need my ears checked.

24Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Tukker wrote:I don't like Ruutu personally.

Do you actually know Ruutu personally?

I doubt people were booing Ruutu, if they were they were morons.

25Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 pm

TeamRenzo wrote:
Tukker wrote:I don't like Ruutu personally.

Do you actually know Ruutu personally?

I doubt people were booing Ruutu, if they were they were morons.
no, I don't know him personally. It's not so much him I dislike, as the kind of player he is.

26Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Jarkko Ruutu is perplexing. Both he and his brother are skilled hockey players, but IMHO Tuomo focuses more on his performance and less on yapping.

From watching him this year with the Senators, Jarkko needs to concentrate on making himself valuable as a PK guy and being very selective as an agitator.

He managed to neutralize Mike Green very effectively in the Caps game.

But some of his other antics and dumb penalties just hurt the team.

And of course, his 'hunger for wins' needs to be channeled beyond his methods with Andrew Peters...
Wink

It'll be interesting to see how he matches up against Claude Lemieux when the Sharks visit Ottawa.

27Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 pm

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

The only game that was won thru the efforts of ruutu single handedly this year was the game against NYR. He was definitely in his mode and drew penalties from the rags that ended up leading to PP goals. We need more of that from him, not biting people and turning his back when talking crap.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum