GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much?

+7
rooneypoo
asq2
andyman998
LethalLehner
Cronie
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Empty Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I was at the Sens Skills today and couldn't get over how the fans were booing Ruutu.

WTF is up with that!

I love the guy. He's got the 'tude. His antics with the blonde wig and flaming skates were priceless.....

OTOH, the fans loved Elliot....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Are you serious? They booed Ruutu at the skills? You sure it wasn't them saying "Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutu" like they did in Pitt?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

some RuuuuTuuu's but mostly boos....

he won the crowd with the wig stunt - hilarious!

They def say Ruuuuu, its not boo.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

please tell me they weren't booing one of more exciting players?!?!

I love Ruutu, he is one player I am happy we have for sure.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I was there and where I was sitting they were chanting RuuuuTuuuu. I sounds very close to a boo. The first game he played this season I thought they were booing him too and then I found out that in fact they were chanting RuuuTuu. He was hilarious at the Sens Skills today. Yellow long hair under a baseball cap and sparklers attached to the back of his skates. Freakin' hilarious...

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

they were interviewing a kid, who was asking questions. They were booing here.

during the shootout skill, boos + Ruutus

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

ElliottRules wrote:I was there and where I was sitting they were chanting RuuuuTuuuu. I sounds very close to a boo. The first game he played this season I thought they were booing him too and then I found out that in fact they were chanting RuuuTuu. He was hilarious at the Sens Skills today. Yellow long hair under a baseball cap and sparklers attached to the back of his skates. Freakin' hilarious...

I'll have a clip of that in a jiff. I taped the event.

10Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:04 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Number Twenty Nine wrote:OTOH, the fans loved Elliot....

I was quite happy to see the crowd's reaction to Elliott. He got a warmer welcome than Auld and Elliott has only played 4 games.

11Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:they were interviewing a kid, who was asking questions. They were booing here.

during the shootout skill, boos + Ruutus
I'm thinking those people booing were confused...

12Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I hope so...

I got the clip up on Youtube, but it's still processing....

Last edited by Number Twenty Nine on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:34 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Maybe they were saying RuuTooth. That would sound like boo too. Smile

14Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Here's the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ira5bRRaM

15Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Empty Re: Why do Ottawa fans hate Ruutu so much? Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I don't like Ruutu personally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum