GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Hartsburg is fired can this team take the next guy seriously??

+8
drive2thenet
PTFlea
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

If Hartsburg is fired can this team take the next guy seriously??

If Hartsburg is fired can this team take the next guy seriously?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%If Hartsburg is fired can this team take the next guy seriously?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
If Hartsburg is fired can this team take the next guy seriously?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap260%If Hartsburg is fired can this team take the next guy seriously?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

drive2thenet

Prospect
Prospect

PKC wrote:You know who would have been a great coach to get before the season started if he were available - Ted Nolan. That guy can take the sorriest bunch of NHLers and turn them into a ridiculously hard-working outfit.

A fantastic idea. And it would be a stick in the eye to Muckler's memory too! Bonus! :D :D :D

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I think if we hire another coach, the next one has to be an established vet. Someone who can command respect.

Hartsburg and Paddock are/were just sort of breaking in as head coaches.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Tortorella should have been hired instead of Hartsburg. Also simple.
Do we need to go back and look at the threads discussing that? I don't remember seeing people too happy with that idea at the time. We thought he would not be a good fit or would wear thin very fast.

But now... who knows...

Hindsight?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still stand by my original opinion in regards to Torts: he would have been awesome short-term, but after a year or two at best, I'd be willing to bet his antics would wear thin and fast, as Shabbs reiterated.

Quinn or Hartley may have worked, but the same scenario could unfold...

Burns was the #1 guy for me and a few others and I still stand by my pick in him.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:I still stand by my original opinion in regards to Torts: he would have been awesome short-term, but after a year or two at best, I'd be willing to bet his antics would wear thin and fast, as Shabbs reiterated.

Burns was the #1 guy for me and a few others and I still stand by my pick in him.

Agreed. But as long as we're a re-building team, I don't know how attractive we are to coaches like Quinn or Burns.

asq2 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I still stand by my original opinion in regards to Torts: he would have been awesome short-term, but after a year or two at best, I'd be willing to bet his antics would wear thin and fast, as Shabbs reiterated.

Agreed. But as long as we're a re-building team, I don't know how attractive we are to coaches like Quinn or Burns.

I think Burns would be out of the question. Quinn however wants back in the league, and he seems invigorated after coaching the kids. He may be up to the challenge. If people are expecting him to come in and kick Donkey and take names though...forget it. He deals with that sort of thing differently than a Torts. He's a wizard at managing ego's and is perfect for a veteran team. He'd actually be my first choice for the team as is.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, I think Quinn would do a good job turning this team around.

But this either needed to have been done sooner, or at the end of the season.

Just like the Elliott call-up.

The season's already lost, don't now take away our franchise defenceman.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Tortorella should have been hired instead of Hartsburg. Also simple.
Do we need to go back and look at the threads discussing that? I don't remember seeing people too happy with that idea at the time. We thought he would not be a good fit or would wear thin very fast.

But now... who knows...

Hindsight?

We can go back if you like but I advocated Torts from the beginning, mainly because of what he was able to do with Lecavalier. I also didn't care if his shelf life was 2 or 3 years if it meant a Stanley Cup.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Yes, I think Quinn would do a good job turning this team around.

But this either needed to have been done sooner, or at the end of the season.

Just like the Elliott call-up.

The season's already lost, don't now take away our franchise defenceman.

Agreed. The time to salvage the season and attempt something like that has long past.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Murray needs to stop treating these guys like they're fragile and pick a coach who will have a great system and be tough on them. These last 2 are obviously not tough enough to get their points accross. They need some serious tough love.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum