GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:04 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:He's an amazing player, but before we can compare him to a present day Heatley, he'll have to post at least one 100 point season (preferably two...in a row).

You're right in that I do think he compares with the younger, faster Heatley in Atlanta.

I don't think Ryan boasts Heatley's goal-scoring instincts, though. He'll put the puck in the net a lot, but I don't know if I see back-to-back 50 goal seasons in him.

17Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:27 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:And now Rinne may have pushed Versteeg a little farther down.

Hey, Ryan, Versteeg and Rinne are ALL sensational...nobody's pushing anybody down.

But Mason IS the rookie of the year.

18Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:35 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Doughty and Schenn have been pretty tremendous too, and I'm convinced Bogosian would have been as well had he not been injured.

It's been a pretty good year for rookies, though I'm not sure we'll ever see an all-rookie team like the class of 2005-2006 quite again:

Ovechkin - Crosby - Boyes

Meszaros - Phaneuf

Lundqvist

Shocked!

19Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Doughty and Schenn have been pretty tremendous too, and I'm convinced Bogosian would have been as well had he not been injured.

It's been a pretty good year for rookies, though I'm not sure we'll ever see an all-rookie team like the class of 2005-2006 quite again:

Meszaros - Phaneuf

Lundqvist

Shocked!

An excellent crop this season any way you look at it...the young players are getting better every year...

:D: :D: :D:

20Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 pm

asq2 wrote:

Meszaros - Phaneuf

Lundqvist

Not too good on D :KJK:

21Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Hey, Ryan, Versteeg and Rinne are ALL sensational...nobody's pushing anybody down.

But Mason IS the rookie of the year.

Yeah, it's been a great year thus far. I'd be a little surprised if Rinne didn't knock Versteeg out of the Calder running though, but it's still been mighty impressive.

22Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Meszaros - Phaneuf

Lundqvist

Not too good on D :KJK:

That season, though, they sure as hell were.

Phaneuf scored 20 goals and Meszaros was dynamite.

23Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:42 pm

I guess they peaked too early Sarcasm

24Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Coming Into His Own Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote: An excellent crop this season any way you look at it...the young players are getting better every year...

:D: :D: :D:

Actually, now that I think about it, the 2006-2007 rookie class was pretty dynamite as well: Malkin, Kopitar, Toews, Backstrom, Jordan Staal...

Can't remember who was on D or in nets though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum