GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Check out this unbelievable catch !!!

+7
Sensational Spezza
wprager
PTFlea
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
Brandon
jamvan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:52 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I wish the season started today!

17Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:40 am

Money Farmer

Prospect
Prospect

Can't wait!!! Thanks for that video!!!

My predictions:
Spezza will have 100+ points
Heatley will have 50+ goals (again)
Fisher will have 30+ goals
Alfie will have 90+ points
Kuba will have 40+ points (PP QB)
Vermette will have 30+ goals & lead the league in shorties too
Neil will have 20+ goals & 225 penalty minutes
Gerbs will have 40+ wins

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

18Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:47 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Neil will have 20+ goals? Jesus Christ. Pretty optimistic that list, yeah? Gerber will have 40+ wins? Sheesh. I really hope so, but I can't see how.

19Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Money Farmer

Money Farmer
Prospect
Prospect

Neil was in the dog house for the majority of last season & is raring to go! His ice time dwindled as the season went on. Hartsburg likes sandpaper more than most coaches ergo Neil.

Gerbs had 30 wins last season on a team that couldn't play defense. With a vastly improved d crew, why not?

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

20Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:10 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I know Neil was in the doghouse, but honestly prepare to be surprised if you think he's going to be anywhere but the fourth line. He can't and won't get 20+ goals from there. I could expect an absolute maximum of 15 assuming he sees some sporadic PP time this year. More likely I see him getting less than 10 goals.

As for Gerber, it MIGHT be possible, but not very likely I don't think. He'd have to play at least 65 games to get that amount of wins, and he would most likely be Vezina-bound if he did.

21Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neil's best season was as a result of being given time on the PP in front of the net. For the life of me I can't understand why they strayed from that. It was working well and our PP was actually scoring goals. I say I'm fine with having Neil on the 4th line, just give him time on the PP in front of the net and he should get you 10 to 15 goals this season.

- Unknown Author

22Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:28 am

Money Farmer wrote:Neil was in the dog house for the majority of last season & is raring to go! His ice time dwindled as the season went on. Hartsburg likes sandpaper more than most coaches ergo Neil.

Gerbs had 30 wins last season on a team that couldn't play defense. With a vastly improved d crew, why not?
you couldn't be more wrong about Hartsy. he hates players like Neil. The Hounds last year had a Chris Neil clone named Anthony Pelutso, and he saw next to no ice time.

23Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
you couldn't be more wrong about Hartsy. he hates players like Neil. The Hounds last year had a Chris Neil clone named Anthony Pelutso, and he saw next to no ice time.

Wow, I have to say that I really, really like Neil and would hate to see him go... but if it's indeed the case that he's not going to play for us very much this year, then I'd rather just trade him now. Package him with one of our surplus D and a draft pick / prospect and you should be able to bring in a decent return.

24Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:07 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
Money Farmer wrote:Neil was in the dog house for the majority of last season & is raring to go! His ice time dwindled as the season went on. Hartsburg likes sandpaper more than most coaches ergo Neil.

You don't say, huh? You know, I've had trouble finding anything on the internet of what type of coaching style Hartsburg uses. I'm assuming you watched the Hounds last year, maybe you could fill us in.

25Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:00 pm

PKC wrote:
Tukker wrote:

You don't say, huh? You know, I've had trouble finding anything on the internet of what type of coaching style Hartsburg uses. I'm assuming you watched the Hounds last year, maybe you could fill us in.
he juggles lines constantly, cannot stand egos, and wants everyone to play a disciplined game. he also doesnt want players to fight, and overworks the #1 goalie.

26Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
he juggles lines constantly, cannot stand egos, and wants everyone to play a disciplined game. he also doesnt want players to fight, and overworks the #1 goalie.

Judging from his time with the juniors (the only team I've ever seen him coach), I'd say that he's got a knack for implementing a strong defensive system, and an aggressive forechecking system, too.

While I realise that it's pretty hard to go wrong when you have the Canadian Juniors are your disposal, Hartsburg and Hunt (who we've hired to be an assistant coach) did an amazing job with those kids. I'm hoping to see him do the same kind of thing with the Sens.

27Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:11 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Judging from his time with the juniors (the only team I've ever seen him coach), I'd say that he's got a knack for implementing a strong defensive system, and an aggressive forechecking system, too.

While I realise that it's pretty hard to go wrong when you have the Canadian Juniors are your disposal, Hartsburg and Hunt (who we've hired to be an assistant coach) did an amazing job with those kids. I'm hoping to see him do the same kind of thing with the Sens.
he coatched my hometown team, so ive seen alot of him. i wish we would have waited for Nolan Crying

28Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:

Not that I doubt your analysis, but are you sure? He seems like exactly what Murray wasn't looking for. What's this about not wanting players to fight? I can understand not throwing down for the sake of just throwing down, but what about defending yourself and your teammates? And the line juggling. Isn't that what got us in a heap of Dung last year with Paddock?

29Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:29 pm

PKC wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Not that I doubt your analysis, but are you sure? He seems like exactly what Murray wasn't looking for. What's this about not wanting players to fight? I can understand not throwing down for the sake of just throwing down, but what about defending yourself and your teammates? And the line juggling. Isn't that what got us in a heap of Dung last year with Paddock?
i watched him all last year with the soo, and thats what i saw

30Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:

Sounds pretty different from the Hartsburg we saw with the juniors, tho', no? He had that team playing an aggressive, hard-hitting style, and they played great team D and a superb PK.

31Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:39 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Sounds pretty different from the Hartsburg we saw with the juniors, tho', no? He had that team playing an aggressive, hard-hitting style, and they played great team D and a superb PK.
no offense, but you saw 7 or so games, when he had an all-star team. i saw all the home+playoff games, and had a team similar to ours

32Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
no offense, but you saw 7 or so games, when he had an all-star team. i saw all the home+playoff games, and had a team similar to ours

Actually, more like 15 or so -- he coached the juniors to two golds, I believe.

I get your point and I certainly concede that you've seen more of him than me, but even with the best players, someone is responsible for implementing the team's systems. That kind of stuff doesn't come about without instruction.

33Check out this unbelievable catch !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Check out this unbelievable catch !!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:49 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I just looked at their stats and they only had 3 guys in the top 60 for scoring, yikes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum