GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pat Quinn the new coach AND GM of the Sens?

+10
asq2
Acrobat
dennycrane
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
Snuh
Number Twenty Nine
PKC
wprager
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I kid you not, I wake up every morning these days expecting to hear that the entire Senators management team and coaching staff - from soup to nuts - has been fired.

504Heater wrote:I kid you not, I wake up every morning these days expecting to hear that the entire Senators management team and coaching staff - from soup to nuts - has been fired.

Me too....except while the tournament was going on.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Did anyone notice that when the medals were being handed out Quinn did not make eye contact with Melnyk.

Maybe a tin foil hat theory, maybe not.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:Did anyone notice that when the medals were being handed out Quinn did not make eye contact with Melnyk.

What would that mean though? Does Quinn have a crush on Melnyk and he's shy?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:
504Heater wrote:I kid you not, I wake up every morning these days expecting to hear that the entire Senators management team and coaching staff - from soup to nuts - has been fired.

Same. And this morning as well. And I'm sure tomorrow morning after out 75th straight road loss.

504Heater wrote:

Same. And this morning as well. And I'm sure tomorrow morning after out 75th straight road loss.

by the end of the week something will happen - its got to. Melynik loves to win - looked like the happiest man alive last night - I'm sure he phoned Murry right after the game and told him "it's time"

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:

by the end of the week something will happen - its got to. Melynik loves to win - looked like the happiest man alive last night - I'm sure he phoned Murry right after the game and told him "it's time"

Tickets for February to April go on sale this Saturday at 10am. That's all I got to say 'bout that.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

More talk about changes...changes...changes....and nothing keeps happening....nothing keeps happening... tired of the same old Dung....tired of the same old Dung....

Quinn - excellent coach, creative, would demand and would receive accountability (or else see some asses in the press box). Don't give me this Dung about him not being good with younger players...hmm WJHC, hmmm......World U-18.....hmm Olympics... Hell, I even liked him in Toronto (holy taking it on the chin for his players)

Quinn - GM? Don't know. He didn't do so well in TO, BUT he did have MLSE literally breathing over his shoulder, so his hands were kind of tied.

Forget any trading of any players for a moment. Put Quinn in right now! Let him make his mark on this team via trade or motivation. Let him decide who will coach (imagine Quinn at GM and Tortorella at coach?! Holy Christmas, there would not be one lazy player on the team. I would giggle my *** Donkey off)

What do we have to lose!? It's not like we can tumble down much further in the standings. IF he blows, well we'll be just further guaranteeing our strong draft position.

But seriously, SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Something definitely has to give, but my $$ is on Quinn going to Pittsburgh.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:Something definitely has to give, but my $$ is on Quinn going to Pittsburgh.

The Name-Dropper wouldn't drop that name this morning. But I have to agree that a gig coaching Crosby and Malkin would be a bigger carrot than anything we have to offer.

Tortorella it is then!

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:Did anyone notice that when the medals were being handed out Quinn did not make eye contact with Melnyk.

What would that mean though? Does Quinn have a crush on Melnyk and he's shy?

It means that they have spoken but it is on the down low.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Something definitely has to give, but my $$ is on Quinn going to Pittsburgh.

The Name-Dropper wouldn't drop that name this morning. But I have to agree that a gig coaching Crosby and Malkin would be a bigger carrot than anything we have to offer.

Tortorella it is then!

Our coach isn't the problem

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TeamRenzo wrote:Our coach isn't the problem

Our coach doesn't have a no-trade clause and an un-tradeable contract.

And players can't be fired.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not to mention that Staal hates Terrien - and apparently there are more than just him that want Terrien sacked.

Quinn to Pittsburgh sounds fair IMO.

Won't change anything, they will absolutely and positively miss the playoffs this year. And possibly next year too.

They're quickly closing in on the exact same position as we were in.

Enjoy dickheads!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Not to mention that Staal hates Terrien - and apparently there are more than just him that want Terrien sacked.

Won't change anything, they will absolutely and positively miss the playoffs this year. And possibly next year too.

Enjoy dickheads!

Except that they have two of the top-5 forwards in the game 22 or under, a 20 year old stud checking-centre, etc.

Gonchar injury + Whitney injury + Therrien + SC hangover = loss of playoff spot this year, perhaps, but it doesn't mean they're screwed.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:Our coach isn't the problem

Our coach doesn't have a no-trade clause and an un-tradeable contract.

And players can't be fired.

True he doesn't, but neither did Paddock or Murray and at some point after 3 coaches in less than a year the players need to take total responsibility.

Further to this while players can't be fired, you can do to them what they hate more.

Take their ice time away.

**From the mouth of Dawg
Speaking from someone who played hockey at a high, non NHL level, I can tell you that I would rather be released of my contract and fired, than benched or sent to the minors. Most North American hockey players want to play, and play at the top level and the though of being benched, sent to the minors or put in the press box and not playing is a fear that is very very real.

If I were the coach, I'd put player X out there for one shift maybe a period and let him sit the rest and wonder when he was going to play. Do it to a big named player and a pretty big message gets sent.

Problem with that is you're job is on the line so you want the best players playing so you can keep it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Not to mention that Staal hates Terrien - and apparently there are more than just him that want Terrien sacked.

Enjoy dickheads!

Except that they have two of the top-5 forwards in the game 22 or under, a 20 year old stud checking-centre, etc.

Gonchar injury + Whitney injury + Therrien + SC hangover = loss of playoff spot this year, perhaps, but it doesn't mean they're screwed.

They have 2 centers and one great puck mover. Nothing else. Their goalie has always been a joke to me, now the onus is on him to save their entire season (ha ha).

They could still make it, but it's gonna take each of those dinks to reach deep down to do it.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

3 centres. Staal is better than every centreman on our roster except for Spezza, I'm afraid.

They have a few good defencemen, too.

We'll see. They didn't have much more for the majority of last year and still finished high in the conference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum