GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official

+8
Cronie
shabbs
wprager
asq2
Nasty Nas
LeCaptain
pgood
jamvan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's about freakin' time!!!
Now, how much activity will be spurred because of his decision from now until tomorrow evening I wonder?

17Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:00 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:It's about freakin' time!!!
Now, how much activity will be spurred because of his decision from now until tomorrow evening I wonder?
I think it would have been a bigger domino had he signed in NY as they would have had to move some assets which could have triggered some other transactions.

18Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:It's about freakin' time!!!
I think it would have been a bigger domino had he signed in NY as they would have had to move some assets which could have triggered some other transactions.

Meh, you're right. But still, now that Ek and others will jump on the Foppa sweepstakes, Sundin was in theory holding up a LOT of potential moves.

We'll see what happens I guess...

19Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow! Thought it was gonna be the Rangers. Huge for Vancouver. Massive amount of $$ though.

20Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Thank God this Diddle garbage is over. I do realize the Canucks improved their roster considerably, unfortunately for them, they still have to go through one of (at least, possibly) San Jose, Detroit, or Anaheim. And I'm not really sure I like anyone's odds against those teams.

21Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Seems the Canucks will have some room left even after signing Mats to make some moves in the new year.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=260136

But, the road in the West goes through Detroit, San Jose, Anaheim...

22Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:35 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Eklund is now talking about Spezz...
I guess he's staying in OTtawa then scratch

23Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:08 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tune in February 21st - Hockey Day In Canada - Vancouver visits Toronto. Sundin back in Toronto. Now that will be interesting.

24Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:30 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

you notice he only signed a one year deal? Means, we get to do this all over again next year!

25Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official - Page 2 Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:03 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

vancanuck wrote:Just what I had hoped for, a 1 year deal, so there is still flexibility for our UFA's at the end of the year. Now we FINALLY have a true NO 1 centre for the time being.

On another note, I cant wait till Bob Cole calls his first Canuck game, and has to do commentary on the "Sedin, Sundin and Sedin line" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

haha yeah, that's what I was going to say.. that will be the most difficult game to call.. people will get so confused.

Try saying Sedin Sundin Sedin ten times fast LOL :drunken: it will need to be the daniel, henrik, mats line...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum