GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be better with Sundin?

+3
beerandsens
dennycrane
PTFlea
7 posters

Who will benefit the most from Mats Sundin?

Who will be better with Sundin? Vote_lcap20%Who will be better with Sundin? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who will be better with Sundin? Vote_lcap2100%Who will be better with Sundin? Vote_rcap2 100% [ 1 ]
Who will be better with Sundin? Vote_lcap20%Who will be better with Sundin? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now that it's down to 2 team, the Rangers and the Canucks, who do you think will be the better team by adding Sundin?

2Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:55 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Sundin will not go to the Canucks.

Sundin would have a greater benefit to the Canucks, but I think he puts the Rangers back on track. I don't think that Sundin = Cup for the Rangers though.

I'm glad I have tickets for the Jan. 10 game between NYR and the Sens.

3Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:58 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Will the fans boo Sundin both out of habit and for him passing up on us?

4Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Can I pick door number 3? "I'm tired of hearing about Sundin, therefore I don't care"

Seriously, I don't think Sundind makes a huge impact with either team. Vancouver's offence seems to be just fine, but it all comes down to Bobby Lou.

New York is going nowhere fast, with Lundqvist looks more and more average by the day. Plus, they have Redden so if they win the cup, I'm going to lose my mind.

5Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just don't think the Rangers will go anywhere this year. Sundin's arguably one of the best centers in the league though - it won't hurt. But with that blue line, I would be surprised.

6Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:45 pm

504Heater wrote:I just don't think the Rangers will go anywhere this year. Sundin's arguably one of the best centers in the league though - it won't hurt. But with that blue line, I would be surprised.

Agreed, that blue line is the worst bang for your buck in the league. Add that to an inconsistent Lundqvist and it spells disaster.

7Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I just don't think the Rangers will go anywhere this year. Sundin's arguably one of the best centers in the league though - it won't hurt. But with that blue line, I would be surprised.

Is he? He was maybe top-10 last year, but he's a year older and didn't start skating for quite a while.

EDIT: It also just won't seem right seeing him in another uniform (yeah, I know he played for the Nords as well). NYR seems to do that often -- it hurt to see Redden in a Ranger uniform the first time, despite how bad he was the last two years.

8Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Is he? He was maybe top-10 last year, but he's a year older and didn't start skating for quite a while.

EDIT: It also just won't seem right seeing him in another uniform (yeah, I know he played for the Nords as well). NYR seems to do that often -- it hurt to see Redden in a Ranger uniform the first time, despite how bad he was the last two years.

I dunno. I can see his enormous size and skill being at least a point a game player. Possibly a lot more, but him not playing will hurt.

I guess it's better to say he's still among the top 10.

9Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:10 pm

asq2 wrote:

Is he? He was maybe top-10 last year, but he's a year older and didn't start skating for quite a while.

It was....that didn't last though. Now I just snicker at that contract.

10Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:02 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Forget what you think of Roszival and Redden. Why Sather signed two offensive defencemen is beyond me. The curiosity of their contracts is beyond me. Though there was a big stink about Murray not signing Roszival at the time.

I predict the same as usual for the Rangers, out in the second round.

11Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:42 am

Sundin makes Vancouver better for sure. He would add to that team without having to cut salary. The Rangers would need to subtract considerable salary to take on Sundin. For example would the Rangers be any further ahead with Sundin if they had to move Gomez to make it happen. I think that would be a wash at best. No idea what the hell Sather is thinking, but it will backfire.

12Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:07 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I think Sundin ends up in New York. In order to make room for him, Gomez ends up in Vancouver. I then think that Vancouver will get the better end of the deal

13Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Getting rid of Gomez to bring in Sundin is not a good move IMO. Does that really improve NYR? Boggles the mind.

- Unknown Author

14Who will be better with Sundin? Empty Re: Who will be better with Sundin? Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:06 am

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Getting rid of Gomez to bring in Sundin is not a good move IMO. Does that really improve NYR? Boggles the mind.

I agree it doesn't help much this year ... it only allows them to dump one of the big long term deals. NYR need to get rid of Redden or Rozsival and pick up Ohlund.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum