GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK

+2
shabbs
PKC
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:56 am

Of course it probably won't happen imo, (because this is Lui's team) but with Sundin's incredible career in the NHL and internationally, I wonder if Lui would be willing to let him wear the letter "C" and run with it.

Just a thought, that probably wont materialize, but Im sure will be brought up.

2MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:57 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That would be an insult to all the other guys who have been busting their asses so far this season to help this team climb the standings. At this point, Sundin is nothing more than just a slightly longer rental player.

3MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:04 am

PKC wrote:That would be an insult to all the other guys who have been busting their asses so far this season to help this team climb the standings. At this point, Sundin is nothing more than just a slightly longer rental player.

I agree PKC, I KNOW this is Lui's team, hands down, Im just sayin that there are more than a few people out there who would think otherwise, now that #13 is wearing the whale.

Anyone who joins a team without having gone through the grind from training camp on imo, is not able to put a letter on their sweater, just for the fact that they weren't there from day 1, but Im not saying that Sundin isnt a leader, cause thats far from the truth.

4MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Where's he going to be in the line-up? Will they put him on the 2nd line to spread out the scoring?

5MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Where's he going to be in the line-up? Will they put him on the 2nd line to spread out the scoring?

I heard Sedin-Sundin-Sedin

Don't take my word though, I could be wrong... :drunken:

6MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:19 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mosky wrote:
shabbs wrote:Where's he going to be in the line-up? Will they put him on the 2nd line to spread out the scoring?

I've heard mention of him playing with Wellwood... we'll have to see.

7MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:25 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Mosky wrote:

Yea, Wellwood and Demitra, that's what I heard too. That Sedin-Sedin-Raymond line has been pretty solid of late.

8MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

We'll have to see. TBH though, I'm just really happy he didn't go to the Rangers... Mainly cuz I'm just happy to see that he stayed with a Canadian team, but also cuz I hate the Rangers and pre-cap era were just money whores, buying whoever they could...

9MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Mosky wrote:

Yea, Wellwood and Demitra, that's what I heard too. That Sedin-Sedin-Raymond line has been pretty solid of late.
Yeah, it would make sense to keep that line together and then add Sundin on another to create some good secondary scoring, which is what they need.

10MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Should we combine this with the other thread?

Man, our mods/admins are slacking off. Razz

Pardon my lack of KNuck KNowledge, but if the Sedin line isn't broken up and Sundin goes with Demitra and Wellwood, where does that leave Bernier? With Kesler and Burrows?

11MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:54 pm

asq2 wrote:Should we combine this with the other thread?

Pardon my lack of KNuck KNowledge, but if the Sedin line isn't broken up and Sundin goes with Demitra and Wellwood, where does that leave Bernier? With Kesler and Burrows?

I started this thread just out of a question as to what to do about the captaincy, and Ive made my feelings on the matter clear. Sorry for not linking it.

Bernier has been languishing on the 4th line for about a month now. Hes had so many chances but zero finish to his game.

Last edited by vancanuck on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

12MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:54 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Should we combine this with the other thread?

Probably. From what I've seen and heard, Bernier has not endeared himself to the coaching staff or the fans. Sounds like he'll be gone next year, if not before.

13MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm glad Sundin's back. He's a superstar and a steel at 5 mil.

Toronto shoved him out the door and he still remained loyal to them by given them priority on his services.

Even still with Toronto's abuse, he didn't capitulate and go to the sens, habs or rangers to even combat them.

I think a lot of hockey players can learn from Matts Sundin ...

Cheers boys!

14MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sundin with Wellwood and Demitra makes a lot of sense. Sundin is familiar with Wellwood so there would be some chemistry there probably.

- Unknown Author

15MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Empty Re: MATS SUNDIN IS A CANUCK Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:48 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

From what I've heard on other hockey boards, Bernier can't be traded before the end of the year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum