GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official

+8
Cronie
shabbs
wprager
asq2
Nasty Nas
LeCaptain
pgood
jamvan
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Empty Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:09 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Read more at tsn:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=260123&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:Read more at tsn:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=260123&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

nice catch...

all I have to say is thankfully this Sundin Dung is over with... i am so sick of it

in the meantime, Mr. Storybreaker... aka guy who gets his news from TSN has yet to post a thing about it...

but again... thankfully its done with

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

yeaaaaaaaaaah, I can sleep peacefully now :sleep:

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! Don't have to hear about where he'll sign
again! Unfortunately im sure he'll get 10 times as much press now.

Definately makes a lot more sense to play in Van city. Good decision imo

FINALLY!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm still shocked he didn't sign here. Rolling Eyes :D

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Get ready, cue teh Forsberg watch.

Man am I ever glad we got one of the committed Swedes.

Now that it's over, we can officially say Sundin talks out his arse. So much for playing with a team the whole year.

Done and done!

Vancouver actually becomes pretty close to a contender in the West now. Defently cant say there is 1 team out there that is a lock.

Vancouver, Anahiem, Detroit, San Jose, anyone of those teams can win it. Not to mention a team like Chicago having the ability to beat anyone one of those teams, but probably not ready for a playoff run this year.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I guess he ran out of money with all those trips Suspect

10Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:I'm still shocked he didn't sign here. Rolling Eyes :D

Yeah, maybe now Melnyk will finally give Murray the go-ahead to get J-Bo.

11Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:49 pm

Just what I had hoped for, a 1 year deal, so there is still flexibility for our UFA's at the end of the year. Now we FINALLY have a true NO 1 centre for the time being.

On another note, I cant wait till Bob Cole calls his first Canuck game, and has to do commentary on the "Sedin, Sundin and Sedin line" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

12Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I guess the Rangers couldn't get the deals in place to free up cap space. Must be nice for Vancouver to know they were his 2nd choice.

13Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's about freakin' time!!!
Now, how much activity will be spurred because of his decision from now until tomorrow evening I wonder?

14Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:It's about freakin' time!!!
Now, how much activity will be spurred because of his decision from now until tomorrow evening I wonder?
I think it would have been a bigger domino had he signed in NY as they would have had to move some assets which could have triggered some other transactions.

15Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Empty Re: Sundin signs in Vancouver ....official Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:It's about freakin' time!!!
I think it would have been a bigger domino had he signed in NY as they would have had to move some assets which could have triggered some other transactions.

Meh, you're right. But still, now that Ek and others will jump on the Foppa sweepstakes, Sundin was in theory holding up a LOT of potential moves.

We'll see what happens I guess...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum