GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm Dec. 6th, 2008

+12
Riprock
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
dennycrane
asq2
shabbs
Nasty Nas
wprager
Mojo
LeCaptain
Cronie
PKC
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Great game by the Sens, but man those Pens are going to look good once Gonchar and Whitney come back.
Gonchar ..yes, but Whitney is far over-rated. The Pens are the Sens from about two years ago, but worse!!! Malkin and Crosby will only take you so far.

Remember people were saying our door was closing? Well IMO it already has, but we're rebuilding. The Pens have yet to see that fate.

Wait and see. Melnyk and Murray have a plan, where $$ aren't a problem. We are building one hell of a team. It might not be this year, but wait and give Mr. Murray 2-3 years!!! Alfie will get his Cup!!!!

If this is what helps you go to sleep at night...

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza's feet didnt stop moving tonight and was involved with and without the puck, just a great game. Like I said yesterday extremely under rated as a goal scorer.

VINDICATED!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza's feet didnt stop moving tonight and was involved with and without the puck, just a great game. Like I said yesterday extremely under rated as a goal scorer.
Nice to see him put a full game's effort in and actually try. Amazing what these superstars can do when they apply themselves eh?

marakh wrote:

VINDICATED!

Hardly vindicated. It was a good game by Spezza and the Sens, leave it at that.

shabbs wrote:
Nice to see him put a full game's effort in and actually try. Amazing what these superstars can do when they apply themselves eh?

Shocking. People always throw around the "he is learning a new system bs" with Spezza, its not true. The Sens have played a trapping system since Martin was here, 90% of the teams in the league play that system. There is no new system to understand, its actually doing it and doing other things with effort. Yesterday he did, lets hope he keeps it up.

The true test for the Sens will be when things are not going their way and they might actually have to work to create a break and not just wait for one. There will be ups and downs all year and the rest of everyones career. Dealing with the ups isnt hard, its dealing with the downs which will create a true super star and a true leader.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

To be fair, Spezza didn't play much under Martin, and then played for a run-and-gun Chara/good-Redden/good-Meszaros-led offence.

asq2 wrote:To be fair, Spezza didn't play much under Martin, and then played for a run-and-gun Chara/good-Redden/good-Meszaros-led offence.

Point is he hasnt been asked to so anything that is foriegn to him or he hasnt been asked to do in the past. Its is not NEW to him, its a matter of doing it at this point, and on a consistant basis.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know if you guys watched the game last night, but Spezza was shadowing Crosby the whole time. And it would appear he and the rest of the team did a hell of a job if Crosby got 0 shots on net.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
marakh wrote:

VINDICATED!

I was talking about you Razz

marakh wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
marakh wrote:

VINDICATED!

I was talking about you Razz

haha, oh thanks! lol, but still, only one game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum