GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm Dec. 6th, 2008

+12
Riprock
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
dennycrane
asq2
shabbs
Nasty Nas
wprager
Mojo
LeCaptain
Cronie
PKC
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

Wow those last 3 minutes were extremely tense!!!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice win by the Sens.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I immediately regret Spezza on the bench in my yahoo pool. That's what you get when you forget to manage your lines.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Malkin sure lost it at the end there when Phillips popped him. HA HA! Sucker.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Nice win by the Sens.

I just got back home with about 1:30 left. Sat in my car listening to the end. What a finish, if it was anything like what the announcer apparently saw.

Glad to see Alfie was OK, 'cause he didn't look all that healthy being led away down the corridor.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

DashRiprock wrote:I immediately regret Spezza on the bench in my yahoo pool. That's what you get when you forget to manage your lines.

Ouch, that one hurts

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It was a crazy finish.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great game, scary finish. Whew! Happily savour those 2 points. :D

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

dang, that was dissapointing. Pitts wasnt skating at all. A few spurts here and there but didn't put up a great performance. Ottawa played great though. Very nice to see Spezza really skate hard. He was actually flying out there. Makes a world of a difference when he does.

Spezza's feet didnt stop moving tonight and was involved with and without the puck, just a great game. Like I said yesterday extremely under rated as a goal scorer.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

yep....good game from the boys all around. Strong on the puck. Wouldu been nice to see some goals from the other three lines but none the less, all 4 lines got the puck deep and chased hard. Didn't like Malkin's goal- Auld shouldu been out to challenge, Malkin didn't have a deke option but he came up with some big saves late in the game and that's all you can ask for- timely saves.

Great game by the Sens, but man those Pens are going to look good once Gonchar and Whitney come back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock34 wrote:Great game by the Sens, but man those Pens are going to look good once Gonchar and Whitney come back.

It's never that simple. It's not like they are playing now with an 18 man roster, or short-handed all the time. Sure they'll add to their PP, but maybe they'll take away some toughness on the blue line. Let's face it, no-one will ever confuse Gonchar and Smith or Phillips. Gonchar is like what Redden should have been and once was, but dump-chase-and-hit him and he'll give a few away or take retaliatory penalties.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:Great game by the Sens, but man those Pens are going to look good once Gonchar and Whitney come back.
Gonchar ..yes, but Whitney is far over-rated. The Pens are the Sens from about two years ago, but worse!!! Malkin and Crosby will only take you so far.

Remember people were saying our door was closing? Well IMO it already has, but we're rebuilding. The Pens have yet to see that fate.

Wait and see. Melnyk and Murray have a plan, where $$ aren't a problem. We are building one hell of a team. It might not be this year, but wait and give Mr. Murray 2-3 years!!! Alfie will get his Cup!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:Gonchar ..yes, but Whitney is far over-rated. The Pens are the Sens from about two years ago, but worse!!! Malkin and Crosby will only take you so far.

Remember people were saying our door was closing? Well IMO it already has, but we're rebuilding. The Pens have yet to see that fate.

Wait and see. Melnyk and Murray have a plan, where $$ aren't a problem. We are building one hell of a team. It might not be this year, but wait and give Mr. Murray 2-3 years!!! Alfie will get his Cup!!!!

Hope you're right.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:
Gonchar ..yes, but Whitney is far over-rated. The Pens are the Sens from about two years ago, but worse!!! Malkin and Crosby will only take you so far.

If this is what helps you go to sleep at night...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza's feet didnt stop moving tonight and was involved with and without the puck, just a great game. Like I said yesterday extremely under rated as a goal scorer.

VINDICATED!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza's feet didnt stop moving tonight and was involved with and without the puck, just a great game. Like I said yesterday extremely under rated as a goal scorer.
Nice to see him put a full game's effort in and actually try. Amazing what these superstars can do when they apply themselves eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum