GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Numbers Game: NHL Trade Values (TSN article)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting read:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=246911

Lists the top-50 trade values based on performance, contract worth/length and age. The article currently only lists #50-26, the top-25 are coming Thursday. Interestingly, Alfredsson is only listed at #44, presumably due to his age (35). However Lidstrom (38) is listed at #28. Even assuming the age difference is a wash (which it isn't -- I would suspect Alfie will play at least a couple more years than Nik), Lidstrom is getting paid $7.45M (cap hit) versus Alfie's $4.4M. I think Alfie plus $3M is worth a lot more than Lidstrom (imagine what you could get with $3M at the deadline).

Anyhow, interesting read, and might provide some reference material for future trade proposal discussions.

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Obviously both are as low as they are only because of age.

Both are outstanding players. I would love to have either on my team.

The difference, to me anyway, is that Lidstrom may very well be in the top 5 D-men to ever play the game. It is just tougher to find a Lidstrom. (not that it is easy to find an Alfredsson Smile)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aetherial wrote:Obviously both are as low as they are only because of age.

Both are outstanding players. I would love to have either on my team.

The difference, to me anyway, is that Lidstrom may very well be in the top 5 D-men to ever play the game. It is just tougher to find a Lidstrom. (not that it is easy to find an Alfredsson Smile)

I agree with this. I'm obviously a huge Alfie fan but Lidstrom will be talked about in the same breath as guys like Ray Bourque, Paul Coffey and other great D men. He will be an Icon of the game for years. I don't think Alfie will get the same treatment outside of Ottawa.

- Unknown Author

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

That's true, it would be interesting to see what people outside of Ottawa think of Alfie, I mean like it's not like people don't know who he is, but they will never know him like an Ottawa fan will. I'm interested to see what people think if he will make it into the Hall of Fame or not...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the Hall of fame may hinge on whether or not he can get his team a nice set of Cup rings. I too am interested to hear a take on Alfie from both Aetherial and Dawg as their favourite teams aren't the Sens.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum