GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin

+3
Bramlet07
wprager
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:40 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I'd love to see Zubov up at some point this year. And also, on a sadder note, it's becoming increasingly obvious that maybe Fisher needs a change of scenery.

Notice that story in the Citizen when they asked Spezza and Phillips whether they'd like to be Sens for life after Alfie signed his extension, but they didn't ask Fisher...

17Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I'd love to see Zubov up at some point this year. And also, on a sadder note, it's becoming increasingly obvious that maybe Fisher needs a change of scenery.

Notice that story in the Citizen when they asked Spezza and Phillips whether they'd like to be Sens for life after Alfie signed his extension, but they didn't ask Fisher...

Give him time, he's been through the trenches, he's a great hockey player. As Murray said, if/when he gets one, he'll get a whole bunch of goals/points.

I wouldn't worry too much about him personally.

On a side note:
Would now not be the PERFECT time to try Fish on the wing? He says he's not comfortable of the wing, but...how comfortable is he now?

I would line him up on LW on Spezza and Heatley's line next game if I was Hartsburg. Let Vermette center a line as well, gives him a little change as well.

18Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:44 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Well, looks like we picked up our long-sought-after puck-mover.

19Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:48 pm

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:I'd love to see Zubov up at some point this year. And also, on a sadder note, it's becoming increasingly obvious that maybe Fisher needs a change of scenery.

Give him time, he's been through the trenches, he's a great hockey player. As Murray said, if/when he gets one, he'll get a whole bunch of goals/points.

On a side note:
Would now not be the PERFECT time to try Fish on the wing? He says he's not comfortable of the wing, but...how comfortable is he now?

I would line him up on LW on Spezza and Heatley's line next game if I was Hartsburg. Let Vermette center a line as well, gives him a little change as well.
I've been wanting that line for so long. Vermette is a much better center than Fisher

20Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Well, looks like we picked up our long-sought-after puck-mover.

:D

21Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:Well, looks like we picked up our long-sought-after puck-mover.

:D

Maybe not, but maybe this is just to strengthen the farm. We've got Lee and Karlsson on the farm and one of them should be getting a call up sooner or later.

22Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh, just saw this. Do we really need this in our organization?

23Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Yes we do. Time to goon it up.

In all seriousness, probably not, but I doubt this guy will be seeing much ice time anyways.

24Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:50 am

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Fata is nothing, he'll be barely useful in Bingo.

he may be nothing, but so was Nikulin. And if we consider Nikulin was going to go back to Russia anyways, it's better off we get something, even if he's only a number 6 AHL d-man then let him walk for nothing.

25Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:28 am

wprager wrote:Ugh, just saw this. Do we really need this in our organization?
YES! :D :D

26Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:40 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

On a side note:

We've been screaming at him to try it for YEARS.

27Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news: Sens trade Nikulin Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:43 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

This move gives Bingo some more depth on the blueline. With the projected promotion of Lee, and if we run into an injury and need to call up, they'd be pretty thin down there.

This is just a move of getting something for nothing, and it gives us more flexibility for the farm team when we call up D.

I like the move. A nice late round pick would have been nice, but we've fleeced Phoenix enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum