GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crosby's down

+5
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
wprager
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I find all this hate on Crosby rather odd. I personally don't have anything against him other than he's the Captain of the team that embarrased us last year. I've heard all the arguments of how he's a whinny baby etc... but I just don't dislike the kid. I don't know maybe I'm just weird? I understand the Flyers fans hate since he owns that team in terms of point production.

17Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:42 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I understand your point Clutch. I should probably dispel all those people (like the pens forum @ HB for instance) that assumed I had or have a jealousy or inferiority complex when it comes to Crosby. I don't, and while I may envy him for his skills and $$, that's where my problem lies. He's a whiner!! Grow up, you're playing in a man's league making gobs and gobs of money to perform, not to whine because things don't go your way, or you're getting hit, etc... It's ALL part of hockey.
I just wish he'd man up a bit, that's all. You don't see Ovie or Yzerman in his day whining all the time.

18Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:14 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Crosby's down - Page 2 Page0_blog_entry1_3

Stop making fun of me you meanies!!

19Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:54 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I find all this hate on Crosby rather odd. I personally don't have anything against him other than he's the Captain of the team that embarrased us last year. I've heard all the arguments of how he's a whinny baby etc... but I just don't dislike the kid. I don't know maybe I'm just weird? I understand the Flyers fans hate since he owns that team in terms of point production.

I think a lot of it might also have to do with location. I'm in Halifax, a.k.a. Crosby Central. Since moving here in 2002 they've been hyping this kid as the second coming of Christ. Nothing this kid does is wrong, even when he's lucky, they all see it as 'he meant to do it'. It is the most annoying thing ever... Now I know it's not his fault, but when you are absolutely submersed in this environment, it is enough to even make the most patient people loathe the kid. And I believe Cronenberg, Sens fan int he Maritimes, is in the same boat.

20Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

kinda like the whole Jesus Price syndrome I guess?

- Unknown Author

21Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:11 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:kinda like the whole Jesus Price syndrome I guess?

Yeah exactly... At least in the media... Now imagine the Jesus Price syndrome everywhere you go... Any 'intelligent' hockey talk you try to have and they are thrust to the forefront, where everything that happens to him is dirty and everything he does is incredible.

22Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:12 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:kinda like the whole Jesus Price syndrome I guess?
Oh man I can't stand that reference... I'm so hoping he craps his pants...

23Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:46 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I second that. He's one of those guys I'm just hoping will fail.

24Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:48 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just leave him alone. You guys are just big meanies. Sad :lol!:

- Unknown Author

25Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:52 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Just leave him alone. You guys are just big meanies. Sad :lol!:

Price will be an amazing goaltender in this league you can tell, I would kill to have that guy on my team...

26Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:57 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I know, we all would.

I suppose we idolize Alfie the same way they do Price.

It's just annoying when they do it.

27Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:57 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I know, we all would.

Yeah we are all guilty sometimes of over-hyping our own players...

They have legitimate reasons to be excited in Montreal, but I hear ya in that some of them have already anointed him... People in Montreal that think he is already "there" just have to look at last year's playoffs to see that he still clearly has work to do, but once he gets that glove side straightened out, wow is he ever going to be good...

28Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:28 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if St Louis would be a good dance partner. Ben Bishop and Marek Schwartz are both shaping up nicely. One could become expendable as they'll probably not retain Legace, and one of them will likely make the big club.

I see an odd-man out.

With Gerber leaving, and Elliott seemingly ready, he could play for Bingo. If Elliott pans out, great, we trade the goalie prospect, if not, we have some insurance.

29Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:I know, we all would.

The Church of Alfie was only founded two years ago, no? Even at the start of the 06-07 season, when the team wasn't doing well, Alfie's leadership was called into question (as it had been on many, many occasions).

So far Price had a decent rookie *regular* season and became dismantled in the playoffs. I'd say trading Huet cost them a round.

So it's not the same thing. It's OK for us to be annoyed when "they do it".

30Crosby's down - Page 2 Empty Re: Crosby's down Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, he's playing. Got an assist in 9-1/2 minutes of ice time. Game's still early int he second, so it doesn't sound like he's taking it easy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum