GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group?

+2
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group?

Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group? Vote_lcap240%Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group? Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group? Vote_lcap240%Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group? Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group? Vote_lcap220%Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group? Vote_rcap2 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would you like us to create a FaceBook group where we can organise events, Rally's and so on? Is it worth creating a FaceBook group?

Last edited by Cap'n' Clutch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Would you like us to create a FaceBook page where we can organise events, Rally's and so on? Is it worth creating a FaceBook Page?

It would certainly get membership up, but at the same time it might also start to attract more trolls. Personally, I think you're going to generate the best quality discussion if you continue the pollicy of privately inviting people you spot on other commentary sites who strike you as sensible and serious.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Would you like us to create a FaceBook page where we can organise events, Rally's and so on? Is it worth creating a FaceBook Page?

It would certainly get membership up, but at the same time it might also start to attract more trolls. Personally, I think you're going to generate the best quality discussion if you continue the pollicy of privately inviting people you spot on other commentary sites who strike you as sensible and serious.

The troll issue is very concerning to me. I would definitely like to increase the membership with solid members as we have so far. If you all feel the same way then we'll need all the members help with Private messages in order to get the membership to a point where we can start our own site.

- Unknown Author

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yeah, the facebook idea would definitely attract a lot of people, but the mix wouldn't be as good as it is now. I prefer it this way, so I'll pm a few hockey conscience people to join up instead.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I voted "dumb". Although you can use FaceBook groups for special events (like write-in votes, petitions, etc.)

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I voted no, although I can't say "dumb", as I don't use facebook (I find it a waste of time - yes I know that others find it useful, I'm just not one of them/you). I would be worried about the troll factor, as already mentioned. Having said that, I'd support the majority rule, based on greater facebook experience.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I respect your opinions and the 4 of us Admin will have to make a decision based on the Poll but, only if we get enough response to it. I'd really like at least 20 votes before we use the Poll results.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ok this is weird. The poll has dissappeared from the main page of the web site.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

BAng on! I couldn't agree with your take more.
The only thing about approaching people selectively and on an individual basis is it becomes very time consuming; however, quality is much more important than quantity when it comes to our site's members and membership IMHO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum