GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alex Picard

+8
rooneypoo
Snuh
shabbs
smash88
PTFlea
wprager
mattshock
Riprock
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:
Does anyone else see anything wrong with 11 points in 8 games yet he is +1?? He's letting by almost as many as he's putting in, not really that great if you ask me...

8 PP points will do that. 3 regular strength points, so he's a -2 5 on 5. Not optimum, but the way this team is playing, not terrible either.

Yeah I figured PP counted, so my bad.. He's not as bad as I thought.. and I do agree his points have been a bright spot, but we need him to stop them too! LOL

17Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Power play dosen't count? hmm didn't know that... Does short-handed count??

A goal short handed is a plus 1 to anyone on the ice for the team that scores and a -1 to anyone on the ice for the team that got scored on.

18Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Nice stat. I'm not sure how long Kuba can keep this up, but it's a welcome surprise.

19Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:54 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:Power play dosen't count? hmm didn't know that... Does short-handed count??
+/- stats are only on even strength and short-handed goals.

20Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:56 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:Power play dosen't count? hmm didn't know that... Does short-handed count??
+/- stats are only on even strength and short-handed goals.

and short-handed... only Power-play goals don't count... I always thought they did, but hey you learn something new everyday! Smile

21Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

MurderOnIce wrote:
504Heater wrote:Check it out:

Kuba: 11 assists, 8 PP assists, +1
Picard: 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 points, 2 PP goals, -2

vs

Meszaros: 3 assists, 0 PP points, -2

It is what it is, but numbers (sometimes) don't lie.

Let's face it Kuba has been a point producing machine and Picard has been as advertised. A nice young player with a lot of potential. He has let a few turds out there but he has also made some nice plays.. obviously the 2 goals but also a nice stop on a T.O. breakaway late in the game Saturday. Add that to a first rounder and it looks like we won this deal hands down. TB ownership needs to butt out. Anyone else hear what Strachan (usually a liar but whatever) said about Len Barrie coming into the dressing room and writing up power play x's and o's on the white board? These guys are going to ruin that franchise in a hurry.

Ha! Sounds like the Glebermans of the NHL.

As for Picard, I think he's looked OK so far. I think he's on par for what we would have gotten out of Mezsaros at this point. But Picard isn't as physical. He's still young - though not as you as Mezsaros - and he's playing for his 3rd team in 2 years. He's learning but he's also showing some good signs here and there. I think we have to be patient with this guy. They also have to be carefull when choosing his D partners. I'd like to see him play with Philips for a while. Basically I'd like to see this...

Philips - Picard
Kuba - Lee
Volchenkov - Smith (A good break for who ever's in goal)

22Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:27 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

If you must split up Phillips and Volchenkov, I'd go for

Phillips - Pickard
Volchenkov - Lee
Smith - Kuba

A little O, a little D on each pairing.

23Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:34 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:

Does anyone else see anything wrong with 11 points in 8 games yet he is +1?? He's letting by almost as many as he's putting in, not really that great if you ask me...

Those numbers are deceptive.

Kuba has put up 8 of those 11 points on the PP, which don't change your +/- numbers one way or the other. Only 3 of his points have come at even strength, which is what the +/- category measures.

EDIT: sorry for the repeat... that'll teach me not to read the whole thread before responding...

24Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Snuh wrote: Basically I'd like to see this...

Philips - Picard
Kuba - Lee
Volchenkov - Smith (A good break for who ever's in goal)

Haha, we could sign Gerber long term if that combo stayed together and played 25 minutes a night...

25Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

Only the 4th line Kuba & Lee are Plus players on the Sens. Foligno & Philips are at the other end ...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20092OTTAASAll&sort=plusMinus&viewName=summary

26Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:11 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Picard has been as advertised - except a little less physical than I thought he would be. Kuba, I realize now, is very quiet, but he does what he needs to do. He's actually quite good, I'm getting more and more impressed. It doesn't mean I love him, but I'm getting warmed up to this 'impostor' (you guys know what I mean, we don't have many trades in Ottawa).

I heard Rat Face Strachan say that and I couldn't believe it. It doesn't surprise me though...wow, Melrose is a puppet - and a crappy one at that.
I love this kid and the way he plays. Take away the mistakes, but that's to be expected and we've got a good one on our hands. He' sactually a lot like Redden when Redden first came in, but more physical. The Sens have gotten awat from the physical play (except for a few), because they are so stressed.

I'm really starting to think, despite what they say, they actually do read their press clippings.

There's no doubting things will shape up, it's just a matter of when.

27Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

8 PP points will do that. 3 regular strength points, so he's a -2 5 on 5. Not optimum, but the way this team is playing, not terrible either.

Umm, no. He's +1 5 on 5 (or 4 on 4). Even strength is the only time those numbers count, so if he's +1, he's +1 even strength.

What you probably meant to say was that he had three assists, which means he has been on for 2 even-strength goals against.

28Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:10 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Umm, no. He's +1 5 on 5 (or 4 on 4). Even strength is the only time those numbers count, so if he's +1, he's +1 even strength.

What you probably meant to say was that he had three assists, which means he has been on for 2 even-strength goals against.

You also get a +1 if you are on the ice and your team scores while shorthanded... Similarly, if you get scored on while on the PP you get a -1

29Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Laker wrote:Only the 4th line Kuba & Lee are Plus players on the Sens. Foligno & Philips are at the other end ...

[url=http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20092OTTAASAll&sort=plusMinus&viewName=summary
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20092OTTAASAll&sort=plusMinus&viewName=summary[/quote[/url]]

Add Fisher to the list... -5 now.

Before we go too hard on him, I heard he played a good game last night.

30Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well if Foligno is a - player then it just shows you how that stat can be decieving because Foligno has been great this season. Not just great for a rookie but great for a 3rd/2nd liner. He's really impressed me this year.

- Unknown Author

31Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:58 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

His name was coming up in trade rumours last year. I was not happy about it.

This guy is a keeper.

32Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah. Don't move this guy. Move Vermette, Neil, McAmmond, Schubert and even Fisher if you must but don't touch Foligno.

- Unknown Author

33Alex Picard - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Picard Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

That's indeed what I meant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum