GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which top 6 will Brian Murray target?

+9
Cap'n Clutch
jamvan
Cronie
rooneypoo
wprager
PKC
beerandsens
Acrobat
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

106Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:55 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder what Murray has planned. I just wish we could get SOMETHING, for the love of God. All we ever get is silence.

107Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:35 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I wonder what Murray has planned. I just wish we could get SOMETHING, for the love of God. All we ever get is silence.

Don't worry, the end is in sight. Training camps everywhere start opening up in a little over 3 weeks, and the first pre-season game is less than 4 weeks away. My guess is that we'll have the Mesz situation sorted out by then and, if we're going to make any other signings or trades, they'll probably be done at that point, too.

The silence sucks, I know, from the fans' perspective, but I imagine it has it's benefits for the team. When 29 other GMs don't know what guys we're interested in moving or what guys we're really interested in acquiring, I have to think that we're in a better bargaining position. It's not a lot of fun for us, I grant, but Murray's supposed 'gag order' might be best for the team in the long run.

108Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:02 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:I wonder what Murray has planned. I just wish we could get SOMETHING, for the love of God. All we ever get is silence.

Hello darkness my old friend ...

109Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:48 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

Don't worry, the end is in sight. Training camps everywhere start opening up in a little over 3 weeks, and the first pre-season game is less than 4 weeks away. My guess is that we'll have the Mesz situation sorted out by then and, if we're going to make any other signings or trades, they'll probably be done at that point, too.

The silence sucks, I know, from the fans' perspective, but I imagine it has it's benefits for the team. When 29 other GMs don't know what guys we're interested in moving or what guys we're really interested in acquiring, I have to think that we're in a better bargaining position. It's not a lot of fun for us, I grant, but Murray's supposed 'gag order' might be best for the team in the long run.

I guess when you're addicted to hockey, even a few weeks might seem like an eternity.

110Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:46 am

Sensational Spezza

Sensational Spezza
Prospect
Prospect

Why can't Bryan Murray just target the two teams who have a huge stock pile of top 6 forwards, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay

Philadelphia has Richards, Carter, Knuble, Gagne, Giroux, Downie ( 🇳🇴 ), Briere, Hartnell, Lupul and Upshall, like c'mon your 3rd line is chocked full of top 6 forwards Crying

And Tampa Bay has so many top 6 forwards Jokinen and Ouellet are left out, if we could nab one of them our top 6 would be filled

But what to give up? Schubert/Nycholat, Zubov and a 2nd/3rd/4th?

111Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sensational Spezza wrote:Why can't Bryan Murray just target the two teams who have a huge stock pile of top 6 forwards, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay

Philadelphia has Richards, Carter, Knuble, Gagne, Giroux, Downie ( 🇳🇴 ), Briere, Hartnell, Lupul and Upshall, like c'mon your 3rd line is chocked full of top 6 forwards Crying

And Tampa Bay has so many top 6 forwards Jokinen and Ouellet are left out, if we could nab one of them our top 6 would be filled

I'm very retiscent to move Schubert or Nycholat, and Zubov for that matter too. Zubov I guess has been working out like a madman and is HUGE! I can't wait to see if he cracks the Sens lineup this season.
Schubert, at his salary and the fact that he can play both forward and D is a steal, so the return would have to be worth it, and if it got us Jokinen, it could be worth it, but then we would have a hole on D, assuming Mezie sits out (which I doubt). Nycholat, last year's injury aside, will be a refreshing change on the Sens Blueline. He tore it up in Bingo last year, and I think he's REALLY chomping at the bit to get on the Sens lineup and I personally can't wait to see what he can do.

112Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:54 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Sensational Spezza wrote:Why can't Bryan Murray just target the two teams who have a huge stock pile of top 6 forwards, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay

I'm very retiscent to move Schubert or Nycholat, and Zubov for that matter too. Zubov I guess has been working out like a madman and is HUGE! I can't wait to see if he cracks the Sens lineup this season.
Schubert, at his salary and the fact that he can play both forward and D is a steal, so the return would have to be worth it, and if it got us Jokinen, it could be worth it, but then we would have a hole on D, assuming Mezie sits out (which I doubt). Nycholat, last year's injury aside, will be a refreshing change on the Sens Blueline. He tore it up in Bingo last year, and I think he's REALLY chomping at the bit to get on the Sens lineup and I personally can't wait to see what he can do.

The upside to Nycholat playing lots this year and does well in the bigs is that we have to payout since he is an UFA soon. The if he doesnt do well then at least we can walk away. Now that I think about it, its a win win for the Sens. He does well we can trade him for a pick/prospect or resign him hopefully cheap to become a member of our D or we have minimal commitment now and walk away next July.

113Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:53 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

The upside to Nycholat playing lots this year and does well in the bigs is that we have to payout since he is an UFA soon. The if he doesnt do well then at least we can walk away. Now that I think about it, its a win win for the Sens. He does well we can trade him for a pick/prospect or resign him hopefully cheap to become a member of our D or we have minimal commitment now and walk away next July.

A proverbial ace in the sleeve. Worst case scenario, he flops/doesn't adjust and we send him down and his near league minimum salary has almost no effect on us.

114Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The good thing about guys like Nycholat and Zubov etc. are that they've come this far and are absolutely chomping at the bit to make a contribution. I would expect no one to rival their hunger for success, so that can translate into a nice surprise for us.

These guys also tend not to waste their shots. They shoot a lot, but they make sure they get it on net, knowing each point and each goal especially is huge. I wanna see Zubov on a line with some skill for a while to see what we're dealing with. He scored a few goals while playing with Kelly in last year's pre-season. Maybe that's his destination, but I would much prefer seeing him with Spezza to be dead honest.

115Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, and also, did you guys hear what B.Murray does once in a while? He calls up every GM and asks them to 'give him' certain players. Smile That's so funny. If it works like...1% of the time, you're gold. GMs apparently love his sense of humour.

116Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:57 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Oh, and also, did you guys hear what B.Murray does once in a while? He calls up every GM and asks them to 'give him' certain players. Smile That's so funny. If it works like...1% of the time, you're gold. GMs apparently love his sense of humour.

That's awesome!!
One more reason I'm glad he's in the Sens corner.

117Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:13 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Oh, and also, did you guys hear what B.Murray does once in a while? He calls up every GM and asks them to 'give him' certain players. Smile That's so funny. If it works like...1% of the time, you're gold. GMs apparently love his sense of humour.

B is the Dung!

118Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Which top 6 will Brian Murray target? Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:The good thing about guys like Nycholat and Zubov etc. are that they've come this far and are absolutely chomping at the bit to make a contribution. I would expect no one to rival their hunger for success, so that can translate into a nice surprise for us.

These guys also tend not to waste their shots. They shoot a lot, but they make sure they get it on net, knowing each point and each goal especially is huge. I wanna see Zubov on a line with some skill for a while to see what we're dealing with. He scored a few goals while playing with Kelly in last year's pre-season. Maybe that's his destination, but I would much prefer seeing him with Spezza to be dead honest.

That's the route i think murray is going to take. If there was a top 6 forward available within his budget, i'm sure he would have pulled the trigger by now.

To me it makes more sense to give the rookies a shot to plug the holes. Besides, if they are still struggling after Christmas he can always trade for a quality player at a reduced cap hit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum