GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regular season predictions 2021-22

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:09 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm actually not feeling too bad about our D. It's all about time-management. I feel comfortable saying it's better than what we had last year and our D was much better with Brann in the lineup especially when paired with Zub. Del Zotto also put up good numbers in Columbus and Holden is our unknown but could be pretty solid.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
MDZ-Holden

Another option would be to put Brannstrom on his off-wing which is probably the best-case scenario but Brann needs to play with a partner and get a lot of reps instead of having a partner carousel:

Chabot-Zaitsev
MDZ-Zub
Holden-Brannstrom

Still weird to me that we're carrying Mete and J.Brown when we have some good call-up options in the AHL (JBD, Thomson, Aspirot)

Contracts being what they are I fully expect Bransstrom to at least start in the AHL. There's no way I see a DJ lineup with two guys well under 6' on the back-end. Also (someone's already mentioned it) DJ wants to try Chabot with Zub. Nothing flashy but they guy was solid.

17Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:11 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sending Brannstrom down can't be good for his confidence. He's too good for the AHL and I don't think there's much more he can learn down there. I suppose pairing him with JBD can't hurt but he needs to be in the NHL or traded at this point.

18Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I guess Dorion is back to negotiating through the media.

With Garrioch saying this morning that the club has offered an 8x8 deal to Brady, that way I imagine they can do damage control if Brady opts for a bridge.

Of course what’s likely missing from all this info is how the deal is structured.

I imagine Brady would like a deal that sees increase in value as the years progress and debates are also focused on bonuses.

The average fan won’t bother with those details but they make a big difference when it comes to actual dollars for the player.

19Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MDZ isn't good and I don't expect that to work out, but Holden could be a good add.

20Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sending Brannstrom down can't be good for his confidence. He's too good for the AHL and I don't think there's much more he can learn down there. I suppose pairing him with JBD can't hurt but he needs to be in the NHL or traded at this point.

Pierre's proudest day as a GM? He's not getting traded.

21Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sending Brannstrom down can't be good for his confidence. He's too good for the AHL and I don't think there's much more he can learn down there. I suppose pairing him with JBD can't hurt but he needs to be in the NHL or traded at this point.

Him being traded for stone is irrelevant in discussing if he would be moved in the future

22Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:32 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Him being traded for stone is irrelevant in discussing if he would be moved in the future

If he's a key piece in a package for a superior player then it's fine. If he gets traded for a scrub then it's a whole different story.

23Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m sure Brannstrom is someone that the org is trying to push in a package for a number 1C.
Looking at the moves they made HD the depth chart we have on D he already seems out of place in a few years.

I think he could be really good. Just don’t think the org is as high on his game as they used to be.

24Regular season predictions 2021-22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular season predictions 2021-22 Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tampa pulled a rabbit out a hat last night. 1-1 but the hangover is real, at least for Vasilevski. Bertuzzi had 4 goals. Guess he's loading up on games he can play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum