GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whitney out 3-5 months!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whitney out 3-5 months! Empty Whitney out 3-5 months! Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Wow, surgery on his foot to correct a chronic problem (Forsberg, anyone?) That's going to hurt.

2Whitney out 3-5 months! Empty Re: Whitney out 3-5 months! Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Wow, surgery on his foot to correct a chronic problem (Forsberg, anyone?) That's going to hurt.

I hope this doesn't mean the Pens will get someone like Schneider, but yeah, this is hurtful for them.

3Whitney out 3-5 months! Empty Re: Whitney out 3-5 months! Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:32 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...

4Whitney out 3-5 months! Empty Re: Whitney out 3-5 months! Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...

Good thing there's no Pens fans here yet.

I think the bottom of the East standings are wide open (so many bad teams, that pretty much all of them have a chance to feed on the others for points to make it to the post-season). As for the top, there's still only a handful of teams with a legitimate shot: Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston. Yes, I left Washington off that list, since their fortunes rest with Theodore. Yes, I left New Jersey off that list as well.

5Whitney out 3-5 months! Empty Re: Whitney out 3-5 months! Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

I think the bottom of the East standings are wide open (so many bad teams, that pretty much all of them have a chance to feed on the others for points to make it to the post-season). As for the top, there's still only a handful of teams with a legitimate shot: Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston. Yes, I left Washington off that list, since their fortunes rest with Theodore. Yes, I left New Jersey off that list as well.

I think New Jersey is going to surprise A LOT of people this season. I'm planning on doing a team by team analysis of all 30 clubs in the NHL just as soon as the rosters start taking shop and then doing a standings prediction. I might even go bigger than that and do a playoff, MVP, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Conn Smythe predictions. Go and do a big issue just like the Hockey News does every year.

I might even do a fantasy hockey Big Board of the top 100 players that will be updated throughout the season every week.

6Whitney out 3-5 months! Empty Re: Whitney out 3-5 months! Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Fun, let's open a new topic about this in Armchair GM. It's about that time where the dog days get...slow.

I'll put it under How the East was Won.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum