GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver

+3
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know the constant losing sucks, but I think the expectation this season was another tank-job. There's no way anyone can look at our free agent/off-season "acquisitions" and believe the intent this year was to be competitive. And honestly, I think tanking for one more season makes sense, especially in this whacky COVID season.

We absolutely need to be competitive next season though.

47Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:48 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'm almost convinced this is by design. No fans in the arena, money loss is pretty much capped (there may be fans at playoff games but no chance of getting there), why not tank one more season and get another lottery pick.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is going $9M over the floor.

48Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'm almost convinced this is by design. No fans in the arena, money loss is pretty much capped (there may be fans at playoff games but no chance of getting there), why not tank one more season and get another lottery pick.

Yep, it's a fine season to tank. We probably have one or two too many vets clogging up the roster, but whatever.

My patience runs out after this season though. Time to get good.

49Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even if we tank and end up with the number 1 overall I’d still hope Dorion would entertain the possibility of trading the 1st. It’s gonna have massive value and could net us a good young number 1 C plus something else.

Of course Dorion would find a way to miff that up

50Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:41 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:I'm almost convinced this is by design. No fans in the arena, money loss is pretty much capped (there may be fans at playoff games but no chance of getting there), why not tank one more season and get another lottery pick.

Yep, it's a fine season to tank.  We probably have one or two too many vets clogging up the roster, but whatever.  

My patience runs out after this season though.  Time to get good.

10 minutes in down 2-0. What an absolute embarrassment. Think of all the draft capital we gave up to ice this garbage lineup. Watson, Brown, Gudbranson, Stepan, Murray - I am legitimately starting to think that the Sens may not win another game this season.

I will say that I've been thrilled with the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line and Nick Paul. Would nice to see what Zub can do.

Still dying on the inside that Owen Power is the undisputed #1 draft pick right now and he's a LHD.

51Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:44 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if the scouting report on Murray is to just throw everything on goal and crash the net. He lets up terrible rebounds and is getting zero help in the crease.

52Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yep, it's a fine season to tank.  We probably have one or two too many vets clogging up the roster, but whatever.  

My patience runs out after this season though.  Time to get good.

10 minutes in down 2-0. What an absolute embarrassment. Think of all the draft capital we gave up to ice this garbage lineup. Watson, Brown, Gudbranson, Stepan, Murray - I am legitimately starting to think that the Sens may not win another game this season.

I will say that I've been thrilled with the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line and Nick Paul. Would nice to see what Zub can do.

Still dying on the inside that Owen Power is the undisputed #1 draft pick right now and he's a LHD.

I think Batherson should move off that line for Dadonov. Otherwise I like the line.

53Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver - Page 4 Empty Re: Half assed gdt - Ottawa at Vancouver Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If the idea to move Batherson just to get Dadonov going?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum