GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:This Sens team is last place as it sits. Will we draft an elite LHD with our lottery win or go off the board and take a W ranked as the 10th best BPA? Stay tuned.

Raty, Clarke, Guenther, Johnson, are all players that I'd like to add. Crap draft though. Should have drafted Rossi and gone after Power next year.

Watch us go off the board next year and take a forward earlier than expected when there are much better D options available. Basically try and right this wrong with another wrong. Prime Dorion.

There will be a mix of forwards and D pocked in the top 10. Same as every other year. Anaheim just picked a D too.

Dorion has been outstanding this draft and off-season.

Anaheim desperately needed a D and had one hilariously fall to them. That could’ve been the easiest choice for Anaheim in the history of a draft.

And no, this draft was elite F heavy and next year is elite D heavy. There is no need to debate otherwise.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Brannstrom really having a strong start to go with his inoressive ahl stint last year.

Brannstrom is going to be a good one for us eventually. Steady progression for him.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:This Sens team is last place as it sits. Will we draft an elite LHD with our lottery win or go off the board and take a W ranked as the 10th best BPA? Stay tuned.

Raty, Clarke, Guenther, Johnson, are all players that I'd like to add. Crap draft though. Should have drafted Rossi and gone after Power next year.

Watch us go off the board next year and take a forward earlier than expected when there are much better D options available. Basically try and right this wrong with another wrong. Prime Dorion.

There will be a mix of forwards and D pocked in the top 10. Same as every other year. Anaheim just picked a D too.

Dorion has been outstanding this draft and off-season.

Anaheim desperately needed a D and had one hilariously fall to them. That could’ve been the easiest choice for Anaheim in the history of a draft.

And no, this draft was elite F heavy and next year is elite D heavy. There is no need to debate otherwise.

Oh so it was an easy choice for Anaheim to take a D but not the Sens, even though both teams need help at all positions. Got it.

I was right this whole time, picking for need is a dumb decision and something the good teams don't do.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens signed Alex galchenyuk

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another Russian (yes, he's "American", I know). It's getting really hard to argue this isn't a trend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

1 year $1.05M.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:1 year $1.05M.

lol what's Duclair going to get now

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that's one of the best signings of the year. ABSOLUTELY no risk and potential for huge reward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

2 million from us? Let's do this.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

2 million from us?  Let's do this.

I think that ship has officially sailed now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

2 million from us?  Let's do this.

I think that ship has officially sailed now.

Almost 100%, yeah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Above replacement in faceoffs at 50 percent with Minny. 58 with Pittsburgh though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LW depth:

Tkachuk
Galchenyuk (C)
Stutzle (if he comes over)
Paul
Formenton
Chlapik (C)
Balcers

RW depth:

Dadonov
Brown
Batherson
Watson
Abramov (LW)

C depth:

Tierney
White
Galchenyuk (C)
Anisimov
Norris
L. Brown
Chlapik (LW)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:LW depth:

Tkachuk
Galchenyuk (C)
Stutzle (if he comes over)
Paul
Formenton
Chlapik (C)
Balcers

RW depth:

Dadonov
Brown
Batherson
Watson
Abramov (LW)

C depth:

Tierney
White
Galchenyuk (C)
Anisimov
Norris
L. Brown
Chlapik (LW)

Roster locks:

Tkachuk-Tierney-Dadonov
Galchenyuk-White-Batherson
Paul-Anisimov-Brown

3 spots up for grabs between Stutzle, Norris, Formenton, L. Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Abramov

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tkachuk-Tierney-Dadonov
Galchenyuk-White-C.Brown
Paul-L.Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Anisimov-Abramov

AHL:

Stutzle-Norris-XXXX
Formenton-Chlapik -XXX

Brannstrom-Zub
Lajoie-Jaros

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t understand the positivity here. I’d take Hawryluk and what he brings over Galchenyuk 100 times out of 100. Galchenyuk is a failed experiment over and over again. Sure, the cap hit is right, but how do we go from letting XYZ players go in order to give our prospects the proper role and more TOI to instantly signing and trading for ABC guys so that prospects can earn their limited TOI?

If Dorion has a plan, it is that he doesn’t have one.

I welcome actual discussion.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I don’t understand the positivity here. I’d take Hawryluk and what he brings over Galchenyuk 100 times out of 100. Galchenyuk is a failed experiment over and over again. Sure, the cap hit is right, but how do we go from letting XYZ players go in order to give our prospects the proper role and more TOI to instantly signing and trading for ABC guys so that prospects can earn their limited TOI?

If Dorion has a plan, it is that he doesn’t have one.

I welcome actual discussion.

Is that why Hawlryuk got a two-way deal from Vancouver and will likely be in the AHL for portions of the year? It's not worth having a legit discussion if you can't see the difference between the two players here. We have a bunch of Hawlyruk's already.

I would not like this signing if it was more than one year. He will offer much more offense than a prospect or fringe AHL guy for this season, and we don't have many LW he would be blocking. For 1 year $1 million, that's a steal if he plays like he did a couple of years ago, and a fair price if he just is what he is.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Galchenyuk is a diminishing turd. From numerous accounts, he's a bit of a locker room problem. Ask Montreal fans about his time in Montreal. Not much good to say. Unable to stick in Arizona, Pittsburgh, and Minnesota.

He's been going downhill and unable to stick anywhere. There is no "potential huge reward" here...if Galchenyuk by some miracle has a great year, he's a huge risk to resign at term and higher $. More likely, he'd just be traded by the deadline or leave as a free agent next season.

From the Sens perspective, he's dirt cheap and can provide marginal performance in the top 6 as either a winger or centre (more likely a centre) for one season.

It has become quite clear that the Sens plan is to be very bad next season and get another high first rounder. And honestly, this approach is probably better than trying to be a bubble playoff team..... But let's not insult each other's intelligence and pretend that this is some sort of genius signing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum