GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

How does Matt Murray feel right now? Him and Jarry threw a massive bender when GudB got traded to Anaheim last year and now he’s back patrolling the ice in front of him. I can feel Murray’s tears from here.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote: I was able to get to the floor by re-signing our players alone and putting in rookies. Murray $5M, Brown $4M, Tierney $4M, Paul $1M, Chlapik $1M. And I didn't even re-sign Balcers yet. Floor won't be a problem and I expect them to bring in at least one external forward

So you're icing the same team that got us to 30th overall minus Pageau, Anderson, De Melo, Duclair, Ryan, Hainsey, Boro but with 4-5 rookies (Batherson, Norris, Stutzle, Brannstron, L.Brown) and maybe formenton, chlapik, Abramov?

Woof

wait. you're not under the illusion that we aren't likely to wind up bottom 5 team next year right?
we are still rebuilding. especially after a few of the picks we made this year. hopefully we're able to sign someone this off season that maybe gets us a 2nd rounder at the deadline.

But we'll be lucky to be out of the bottom 10 the following year also.

this isn't the end of this gong show.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wait. we paid to get Gudbranson? i thought we were getting paid to take him.
jeezus...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

everyone getting paid to take on assets yet we shell them out completely oblivious to what's going on around us.

Dorion is acting like a shmuck.
i hope whenever Melnyk sells the team the first thing the new owner does is fire his Donkey.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sweet. I think you should try to include rationale for how the Sens hit the floor. Without Duclair (who was probably going to be between $3-4M) it just got that much harder.
i'm at a loss, how we hit that cap realistically. it better not be LTIR.

Either that or trading for a bunch of plugs on one-year deals.

Gudbransson - RHD, 1 yr $4M AAV, $3M salary
Ryan Kesler - LTIR, 2 yr $6.875M AAV
Derek Stepan - C, 1 yr, $6.8M AAV, $5M salary (though Arizona has their own cap floor to hit)
Hossa - LTIR, 1 yr, $5.275M AAV, $1M salary (same comment as above)

- Adam Larsson in Edmonton has one year left and is likely out until March
- Boychuk and Eriksson need new homes, etc
- Maybe Philly wants to move on from Giroux after his brutal playoff

Called it. #1 on my list . Guy is garbage . Equal to josh brown. We continue to stockpile dung

Gudbran is the only player in the league to increase their trade worth during COVID. Dorion must have liked his Twitter cooking videos during the break. Anaheim paid a 7th for his services pre-virus. We paid a 5th now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:wait. we paid to get Gudbranson? i thought we were getting paid to take him.
jeezus...

Why would they have gotten anything? He’s likely going to be moved at the deadline too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah. Again. Mind boggling.

Why sign Zub and trade for both Brown and Gudbranson. Clear to me Dorion has no idea what he's doing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sweet. I think you should try to include rationale for how the Sens hit the floor. Without Duclair (who was probably going to be between $3-4M) it just got that much harder.
i'm at a loss, how we hit that cap realistically. it better not be LTIR.

Either that or trading for a bunch of plugs on one-year deals.

Gudbransson - RHD, 1 yr $4M AAV, $3M salary
Ryan Kesler - LTIR, 2 yr $6.875M AAV
Derek Stepan - C, 1 yr, $6.8M AAV, $5M salary (though Arizona has their own cap floor to hit)
Hossa - LTIR, 1 yr, $5.275M AAV, $1M salary (same comment as above)

- Adam Larsson in Edmonton has one year left and is likely out until March
- Boychuk and Eriksson need new homes, etc
- Maybe Philly wants to move on from Giroux after his brutal playoff

Called it. #1 on my list . Guy is garbage . Equal to josh brown. We continue to stockpile dung

Gudbran is the only player in the league to increase their trade worth during COVID. Dorion must have liked his Twitter cooking videos during the break. Anaheim paid a 7th for his services pre-virus. We paid a 5th now.

They actually paid a 7th and a player for two years or the contract vs a 5th for one year. And believe me I don’t care much about the move at all. It’s just like signing hainsey last year

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah. Again. Mind boggling.

Why sign Zub and trade for both Brown and Gudbranson. Clear to me Dorion has no idea what he's doing

IMO Because rosters are going to be expanded and teams will be rolling players in and out of the lineup

I bet they try to move Reilly now

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:wait. we paid to get Gudbranson? i thought we were getting paid to take him.
jeezus...

Why would they have gotten anything? He’s likely going to be moved at the deadline too.

Wanna bet it is for much much much less than a 5th? Laughing3 It was a 7th a couple months ago from Anaheim to Pittsburgh.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Im leaning towards jumping on the Rangers bandwagon at this point

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
jeezus...

Wanna bet it is for much much much less than a 5th? Laughing3 It was a 7th a couple months ago from Anaheim to Pittsburgh.

It was a year ago, a 7th and martinsen

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Im leaning towards jumping on the Rangers bandwagon at this point

I did that last year along with Carolina, LA, Vegas and Detroit. You won’t regret it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:How does Matt Murray feel right now? Him and Jarry threw a massive bender when GudB got traded to Anaheim last year and now he’s back patrolling the ice in front of him. I can feel Murray’s tears from here.

Two words: Tough. Dung.

Also: this is from an Anaheim fan on HF:

Guds was solid for the Ducks in the Top 4, no complains at all.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
jeezus...

Wanna bet it is for much much much less than a 5th?  Laughing3 It was a 7th a couple months ago from Anaheim to Pittsburgh.

The player was added for contract limits. He was Anaheim’s worst prospect. Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
jeezus...

Wanna bet it is for much much much less than a 5th?  Laughing3 It was a 7th a couple months ago from Anaheim to Pittsburgh.

The player was added for contract limits. He was Anaheim’s worst prospect. Laugh1

Ok. I was just laying out facts. The trade wasn’t a couple of months ago like you said. They had to take on two years of the bad contract

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’d take Slava Voynov 10 times out of 10 over the combined talents of Brown and Gudbranson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're not going to do that kind of thing with the average age being 23 or whatever it'll be. We just won't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum