GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

226!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:23 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Wanna bet?

227!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:21 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

https://sports.yahoo.com/winners-and-losers-of-day-1-of-nhl-free-agency-232652855.html

228!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:53 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/winners-and-losers-of-day-1-of-nhl-free-agency-232652855.html

The comment about Murray is just ignorant. Who are these better goalies at cheaper rates, who also would have signed here? Mostly all the free agent goalies are old and past their prime. Murray not only has 2 cups but still big upside as opposed to the other goalies in decline. And I’m not just saying that because we got him. I wanted him months ago. This is exactly the goalie the sens should be getting at this time. I wanted him or Andersen.

And Ryan Murray is also bad with chronic back injuries. Clearly GMs didn’t value his analytics. Getting him or Gudbranson for one year is irrelevant.

229!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:42 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/winners-and-losers-of-day-1-of-nhl-free-agency-232652855.html

The comment about Murray is just ignorant. Who are these better goalies at cheaper rates, who also would have signed here? Mostly all the free agent goalies are old and past their prime. Murray not only has 2 cups but still big upside as opposed to the other goalies in decline. And I’m not just saying that because we got him. I wanted him months ago. This is exactly the goalie the sens should be getting at this time. I wanted him or Andersen.

And Ryan Murray is also bad with chronic back injuries. Clearly GMs didn’t value his analytics. Getting him or Gudbranson for one year is irrelevant.

You don’t have to defend every article that come out. You can’t keep up.

Im sorry that you don’t know the better goalies that have signed for cheaper rates. Saying you don’t know them is the only ignorant comment.

The best comment in your post though is when you asked what goalies would even sign here? That’s the point of all this. None. Because Ottawa is Ottawa. That was the point of the article. Ottawa going full Ottawa and being the only team in the league that good players avoid at all costs.

230!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:01 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Im sorry that you don’t know the better goalies that have signed for cheaper rates. Saying you don’t know them is the only ignorant comment.

The best comment in your post though is when you asked what goalies would even sign here? That’s the point of all this. None. Because Ottawa is Ottawa. That was the point of the article. Ottawa going full Ottawa and being the only team in the league that good players avoid at all costs.

I can post whatever I want, whenever I want. You can choose to stop following the sens if you wish. For somebody who hates them you seem to love bringing them up at any opportunity.

My comment about goalies was rhetorical. I know every single who signed. Other than Markstrom, I wouldn’t want any on this sens team right now to be our starter

Edit: would also take a chance on holtby but obviously he never would have considered Ottawa

Last edited by Ev on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

231!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:04 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Anyway, nothing is changing soon and it’s why I’ve followed other teams recently. Once Melnyk and Dorion are gone, maybe we can get someone like Gillis who has a mind, balls and a spine. Until then, more misery and inept management decisions one after another.

232!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:11 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

I can post whatever I want, whenever I want. You can choose to stop following the sens if you wish. For somebody who hates them you seem to love bringing them up at any opportunity.

My comment about goalies was rhetorical. I know every single who signed. Other than Markstrom, I wouldn’t want any on this sens team right now to be our starter

Edit: would also take a chance on holtby but obviously he never would have considered Ottawa

I don’t hate them. I hate management.

Some of my post was rhetorical as well.

What I truly don’t understand is anyone that defends any sort of plan or praise for management. They deserve nothing. You’re been abused and in denial. It’s a disease.

233!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:25 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And as I said weeks ago, Murray is garbage. His last three years have been garbage. The instant Crosby and Malkin left their prime, Murray was done and got beat out by green rookies on multiple occasions. His Cups could have been won by the Hamburgler and Condon. Remember those goalies that had zero success and then played well for 5 games and the Sens gave them atrocious contracts right after? Pro-scouting101.

234!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:And as I said weeks ago, Murray is garbage. His last three years have been garbage. The instant Crosby and Malkin left their prime, Murray was done and got beat out by green rookies on multiple occasions. His Cups could have been won by the Hamburgler and Condon. Remember those goalies that had zero success and then played well for 5 games and the Sens gave them atrocious contracts right after? Pro-scouting101.

The sens would have a cup right now if Murray never came in to replace Fleury in 2017. Comparing him to below average backup types like condon and Hammond is absurd based on his pedigree and actual success in the pros so far

His 17-18 and 19-20 were not good, but his 18-19 was very good.

He needed a fresh start. It’s going to work out here like it did for Anderson. He’s at an age where most goalies aren’t even starters yet. A+ move for me. I’ll predict he has a 920 save percentage next year.

235!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:39 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

920 might be a bit much given only 10 guys did it last year but yolo

236!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:01 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:And as I said weeks ago, Murray is garbage. His last three years have been garbage. The instant Crosby and Malkin left their prime, Murray was done and got beat out by green rookies on multiple occasions. His Cups could have been won by the Hamburgler and Condon. Remember those goalies that had zero success and then played well for 5 games and the Sens gave them atrocious contracts right after? Pro-scouting101.

Wow, that's a lot of hyperbole, even for you. And it's "Hamburglar".

Last edited by wprager on Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

237!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:920 might be a bit much given only 10 guys did it last year but yolo

Yolo! Ahhhhh!

238!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:48 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

And it's "Hamburglar".  

No it is not.

239!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:53 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:

And it's "Hamburglar".  

No it is not.

He’s got you there prager

Lagoon likes this post

240!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:32 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Look at it this way. If Murray ends up flubbing it probably spells the end for dorion. Win win

241!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:

And it's "Hamburglar".  

No it is not.

It is now!

242!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:

And it's "Hamburglar".  

No it is not.

He’s got you there prager

No, he doesn't!

243!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 16 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/andrew-hammond-ottawa-senators-goalie-of-hamburglar-fame-has-crashed-to-earth-since-stupendous-run

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum