GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 68]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:There’s very realistic chance of Raymond being there at 5

I don't see the Wings passing on Perfetti given their connections to Saginaw (Osgood part owner, Saginaw was OHL draft base for Wings, etc). They also don't seem to have a problem drafting off the board given how early they drafted Seider last year. I'd also argue that Perfetti isn't that off the board. The only way they pass on him is to take Drysdale IMO.

That leaves Rossi, Raymond, and one of Perfetti/Drysdale available at #5. I also think the Devils may take a chance and draft Askarov with their own pick or with the better of Van/Arizona depending when that is, but I doubt Askarov makes it past Chicago or Buffalo. That said, I could see Buffalo trading their 1st for immediate help, ie: someone to play with Eichel and/or keep Eichel happy.

Speaking hypothetically, Ottawa could flip #5 and the Isles 1st rd pick to NJD for #7 and the better of the Arizona/Vancouver 1st (assuming it makes sense to do so) and throw in a 2nd and a goalie prospect (Gus?) if it's a top 12 pick.  

Ottawa could ultimately walk away with Byfield/Stutzle, Raymond/Rossi/Drysdale (which they could likely get at #5 anyway), and move up to grab Sanderson/Lundell/Quinn/Holtz/Schneider depending on what mock draft you look at and what the NJD pick coming back would be.

The Sens also have a good trading history with Columbus. They could ultimately flip the Isles 1st and a couple of 2nds for the Columbus 1st, even if it's just to move up a couple spots. It all depends on the lottery and where the remaining teams place. All I have to say is Go Panthers, and let's hope a team in the West or anyone not named Montreal, NYI or Toronto wins the lottery.

i really like Perfetti but i don't know that he's a top 4 guy. even for detroit.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Rossi had 9 more points on a superior team. Not saying they're the same player but taking perfetti at 4 isnt any different than taking Rossi or Raymond around the same time and the Wings had eyes on him all year

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/getting-to-know-cole-perfetti/c-317168004

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We know that nhl teams like Perfetti better than Rossi

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rossi had 9 more points on a superior team. Not saying they're the same player but taking perfetti at 4 isnt any different than taking Rossi or Raymond around the same time and the Wings had eyes on him all year

If Perfetti improves his skating and pace, that makes him a superstar. Skating and pace are regularly improved within the NHL experience. He’s my #7, but I can see him going as early as 4.

And it doesn’t really matter, but Rossi played about 10 less games than Perfetti I think. Rossi’s CHL P/60 is second to only McDavid in the last 20 years.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rossi had 9 more points on a superior team. Not saying they're the same player but taking perfetti at 4 isnt any different than taking Rossi or Raymond around the same time and the Wings had eyes on him all year

If Perfetti improves his skating and pace, that makes him a superstar. Skating and pace are regularly improved within the NHL experience. He’s my #7, but I can see him going as early as 4.

And it doesn’t really matter, but Rossi played about 10 less games than Perfetti I think.

5 games I believe. The variance between picks 2/3 to 7/8 is pretty small. I've see Jack Quinn move up in some mock drafts to #10. Button compares him to Pastrnak. Insane. And many are saying Sanderson isnt too far behind Drysdale, and Askarov could be the highest drafted goalie since Carey Price. It's going be an insane draft and hopefully an exciting two days full of trades and deals. Hard to see the Sens not making at least 2 to 3 trades with all their picks, cap space, and prospects. If done right I can totally see them being competitive in 2-3 years.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's so hard to even do a mock draft trying to match players based on team need. There are so many good players and it's hard to tell if teams will draft based on need or BPA. LA is a perfect example of that. They need Stutzle or Drysdale more than they need Byfield from an organizational standpoint but Byfield is BPA.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We're taking Byfield or Stutzle at #3

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-top-8-mock-draft-surprise-lottery-creates-interesting-scenarios/

Watch the video

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Drysdale and Rossi are there at 5, what the heck do you do lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Depends on who they got at 3.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pretty easy decision for me. Drysdale.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’d take Rossi. I don’t think we have enough depth down the middle even if we nab Byfield I think there’s no guarantee we have a 1B C in the org. Besides, Rossi also has the potential to be a 1st line winger if Norris (or possibly white or brown) end up being that great 2C

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, if we walk our of this draft without a potential 1C top prospect that will be a failure to identify a need that needs to be filled by the org.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If you are saying choose between Rossi and Drysdale, my answer is Rossi and it doesn’t matter to me who we picked at #3 before I choose Rossi at 5.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

And it doesn’t really matter, but Rossi played about 10 less games than Perfetti I think.

5 games I believe. The variance between picks 2/3 to 7/8 is pretty small. I've see Jack Quinn move up in some mock drafts to #10. Button compares him to Pastrnak. Insane. And many are saying Sanderson isnt too far behind Drysdale, and Askarov could be the highest drafted goalie since Carey Price. It's going be an insane draft and hopefully an exciting two days full of trades and deals. Hard to see the Sens not making at least 2 to 3 trades with all their picks, cap space, and prospects. If done right I can totally see them being competitive in 2-3 years.

The depth and talent are very close from 3-11. You will see a lot of organizations picking for positional need instead of BPA because of how tied together those 8 arguably can be with the breakdown of every one of their shifts. I’ve got them ranked after entirely too much grind and film.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's the highest the Islanders pick can go?

Edit, if they don't get 1st ov, then it could theoretically be 9th overall?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:What's the highest the Islanders pick can go?

No. 13th.

Let the Isles win Lafreniere. They are in cap hell and even with Lafreniere, they could be very bad next year. Trotz is too good for a complete bombing, but they could struggle.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What's the highest the Islanders pick can go?

No. 13th.

Let the Isles win Lafreniere. They are in cap hell and even with Lafreniere, they could be very bad next year. Trotz is too good for a complete bombing, but they could struggle.

I agree that they could really struggle against the Panthers but Florida looked awful down the stretch . I think the isles take the series

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum