GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Hoffman always came across as a smug a-hole.  Rumours were swirling yesterday that Florida were trying to deal him.

Did he ever

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Seems like mixed results. I hope we get a good development coach. They’ve tried developing him without luck but who knows. Cheap to resign for a year, maybe he finally understands this is his last chance and puts it together. If he doesn’t you waive him, and send him straight to the ECHLim unsure if you can do that, anyone?)if he clears. Don’t keep him with your prospects, or loan him to some other team.

Mixed?  No, he was fast and creative.  Not great defensively though and I can see why someone like Torts would go nuts on him,  but he's worth the icetime for us right now.  Thumbs up.

Skill-wise he's one of our better forwards now. Sigh. Defensively he's no worse than Hoffman. If he can score some goals we'll quickly forget about his defensive woes.

Why couldn’t some forget about Hoffman’s than? Therefore, I disagree with your assertion.

No one wanted Hoffman traded except for Karlsson's wife.

And him and Karlsson both left so diddle that whole situation.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like they failed to reach a deal for Lebreton.

Who knows what happens now. I don't see how Melnyk can survive now. For our sake he needs to go ASAP.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Looks like they failed to reach a deal for Lebreton.

Who knows what happens now. I don't see how Melnyk can survive now. For our sake he needs to go ASAP.

I thought the deadline was the 28th?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Looks like they failed to reach a deal for Lebreton.

I thought the deadline was the 28th?

It was must they must have ended it short knowing they couldn't reach an agreement.

The NCC will meet on March 7 to table the next steps. They should just give it to Devcore.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t think he goes anywhere until he gets money from Seattle.

Tickets need to stop being purchased. Now.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:I don’t think he goes anywhere until he gets money from Seattle.

Believe me, there's many of us who aren't going to spend a dime until Melnyk is gone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:I don’t think he goes anywhere until he gets money from Seattle.

The 13 people we're averaging a game have already put that plan into motion.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am speculating but I am assuming that the repayment and reshuffling of his debt was tied to a deal at LeBreton. I am not sure how he can forecast better revenue streams given the state of the franchise and the state of the fan base. I think he's on borrowed time at this point. All he can do is continue to refinance which just means deferring interest payments at higher rates.

Hard to believe this isn't the final straw. DevCore should be licking their lips right now. Go in low with this dung-hole and buy him out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am speculating but I am assuming that the repayment and reshuffling of his debt was tied to a deal at LeBreton. I am not sure how he can forecast better revenue streams given the state of the franchise and the state of the fan base. I think he's on borrowed time at this point. All he can do is continue to refinance which just means deferring interest payments at higher rates.

Hard to believe this isn't the final straw. DevCore should be licking their lips right now. Go in low with this dung-hole and buy him out.

I think there’s a lot of truth to this. The future isn’t looking very bright for anyone analyzing the future of the team’s finance. No way he can keep this team afloat without better revenues. Can he even wait out till Seattle? Isn’t that a full two years away?

If Devcorr gets awarded the development I, sure they will make a statement about wanting to build an arena and we’ll see what tune the NHL will sing. Especially if they wind up propping Melnyk up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think by Melnyk’s statements it’s pretty obvious he’s starting to clutch at straws.

There is no concrete plan for the team.
The is no concrete plan for the arena.
There is no concrete plan to pay for anything if the team fails to make money. Or for debt payments...
At one point does the creditors move in and force a sale of assets even? (I mean, I inopiné of know the answer to that and we’re not there yet)

This whole debacle makes the Isles look like a well oiled enterprise.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Batherson recalled since Balcers is sick why bother since he is only going to get 8 minutes of ice time

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Batherson recalled since Balcers is sick why bother since he is only going to get 8 minutes of ice time

I don't have a clue how many guys they are currently carrying because I'm not paying much attention. They probably need an extra guy, and Belleville doesn't play until Saturday, so he can be called up, get his 8 minutes, and then be sent down tomorrow to play for Belleville on Saturday.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not pumped that the next season or two will be terrible but I'm pumped to get a better coach. I think Mann would do quite well from what I've seen. Hopefully it's a junior/AHL coach who works well with young guys, or a legit NHL vet with proven track record of winning (unlikely)

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Batherson recalled since Balcers is sick why bother since he is only going to get 8 minutes of ice time

I don't have a clue how many guys they are currently carrying because I'm not paying much attention.  They probably need an extra guy, and Belleville doesn't play until Saturday, so he can be called up, get his 8 minutes, and then be sent down tomorrow to play for Belleville on Saturday.

Belleville plays tomorrow. I know because I’m going.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I don't have a clue how many guys they are currently carrying because I'm not paying much attention.  They probably need an extra guy, and Belleville doesn't play until Saturday, so he can be called up, get his 8 minutes, and then be sent down tomorrow to play for Belleville on Saturday.

Right, my bad. So Batherson can be returned tomorrow and still play. Doesn't change my point.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I expect an extensive scouting report on Erik

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I'm not pumped that the next season or two will be terrible but I'm pumped to get a better coach. I think Mann would do quite well from what I've seen. Hopefully it's a junior/AHL coach who works well with young guys, or a legit NHL vet with proven track record of winning (unlikely)

it's gonna be a someone that wont cost an arm and a leg and pretty much be at minimum salary you can bet on that.

Dorion already played the part of hiring an NHL coach with Boucher and he can fall back and say "it didn't work out"

i'd like someone with a track record of development and i'm not sure if Mann is that guy but continuity might not be a bad idea. anyways, i'll be surprised if anyone hired lasts a full three years in ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum