GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:greed. I'd like to see Lajoie sent down for wolanin. Sounds like Boro is back on the IR? I wonder how much MTL fans are stressing over taking JK over Tkachuk. He would have been dynamite in MTL

Someone was saying they thought Ottawa should reward Wolanin and Chlapik and Balcers for their work by calling them up for a couple of weeks at a time to infuse young, hungry players and continue their development. I thought that was a neat idea. Even if Lajoie only goes down for a couple of weeks, it'll help get his confidence back, because it feels like he's being molested out there every shift.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lajoie was fine when Ceci was injured.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Lajoie was fine when Ceci was injured.

Well...no matter who he's playing with he looks like crap.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:greed. I'd like to see Lajoie sent down for wolanin. Sounds like Boro is back on the IR? I wonder how much MTL fans are stressing over taking JK over Tkachuk. He would have been dynamite in MTL

I don’t know but it seems like Montreal got a pretty good player for themselves also. Their immediate need was at C anyways

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

I haven’t been able to watch too many games in the last couple of weeks. Seems to me like the D is too inexperienced and the style of play just leads to leaving your own end vulnerable.

What you have to remember is that Lajoie has never been a top point producer so I hope that’s not the expectations you’re putting on him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I haven’t been able to watch too many games in the last couple of weeks. Seems to me like the D is too inexperienced and the style of play just leads to leaving your own end vulnerable.

What you have to remember is that Lajoie has never been a top point producer so I hope that’s not the expectations you’re putting on him.

It's not just the Dmen, it's the team structure. Lajoie looks like he's in over his head right now. You could leave him to learn by fire, but I'm not sure that's a great idea.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They should rotate the young d through the fire. A rotisserie on the back end. Give them long enough to get a little singed but not so long that they are burned to a crisp. Then send in the next one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I'd do it that way

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LET'S GO LOCAL SPORTS TEAM

I guess no one feels like making GDTs eh?

I just inherited some free 100 level tickets for the game tonight, so am excited to go see the kids.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A defensive masterpiece - just 27 shots on Anderson.

In all seriousness, #41 (shutout) for #41. Well earned.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Some interesting revelations when Brent Wallace interviewed some guy from The Athletic. Apparently "rest is a weapon" may have been on EK, and some players were not very happy about that (a 30th place team not practicing). About player was quoted saying they went from being a dictatorship to a democracy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Such a great game. Soup to nuts, this was a beauty.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever "soup to nuts" means...I agree. That said, the Rangers were quite terrible. Like totally disinterested, they had a whole lot of nothing going on. Their defense was Sens-like. Shattenkirk was talking Dung to Dan Quinn (Rangers head coach) throughout most of the game. Lindy Ruff, who runs the Rags defense, was pretty quiet on the bench. In general, there was very little communication between the coaches and players during the game, which is quite the contrast to Boucher.

So yeah, the Sens did play quite well and could've easily had two or three more goals, but also don't underestimate how terrible the Rangers were.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And then shattenkirk was benched for the third. What did he say?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I couldn’t hear every word, but there were a lot of f-bombs from Shattenkirk and head-shaking. Not what you want to see on your bench, for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yikes. No easy fix there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_to_nuts

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lajoie banged up and they may call someone up. But not Wolanin as he got hurt and will miss at least a week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum