GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RedBlacks 2018 Season

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just my luck, I've got to drive to Montreal. I should have the radio most of the way.

As someone who drives the 417 daily, I'm sad to report that SPORTS1200 cuts out around Casselman.

32RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How dumb is the cfl for putting games on NfL Sunday? This should have been played yesterday

33RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:57 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Guess I was worried for nothing. Harris with a record 6 touchdowns. Masoli, the East Division MOP of intercepted 3 times. Blowout win.

34RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Just my luck, I've got to drive to Montreal. I should have the radio most of the way.

As someone who drives the 417 daily, I'm sad to report that SPORTS1200 cuts out around Casselman.

I honestly don't get it. It's even worse at night. Coming back if the game is on I can't listen until I get to Calypso!

But TSN690 is still somewhat ok in Bridlewood. And during the day it's just as strong as the local stations.

My daily data budget is around 20Mb but today I splurged. Used up over 30 by the time the have was over. Worth it.

35RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:How dumb is the cfl for putting games on NfL Sunday? This should have been played yesterday

Don't think too many outside Ottawa and Hamilton would have cared. I'll watch it on FFW when I get home.

36RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This past week we were a "Neilsen" family. Or whatever they call it here. Numeris, I think. Had to fill out a daily diary (one for each of us). Made sure the Sens games were well represented.

37RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:00 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Watched that whole Redblacks came. Pretty entertaining. The penalties get ridiculous though...and it wasn't even entirely the refs' faults this week. Some incredibly undisciplined play, including some Redblacks player getting ejected for pushing a ref. Idiot.

38RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That roughing the passer call was ridiculous. He still had the ball in his hands. And as for the head contact it was Masoli who turned and head-butted the defender. Incidental as they come, yet the extra ref decided he needs to earn his paycheck and actually call something. Awful.

The unnecessary roughness on Rose (the guy who got ejected) was warranted, as was the ejection itself. You can't push the refs. But what I find really strange is why nobody on the Hamilton team was fingered for anything. Rose pushed the ref trying to get to someone because he, himself, was roughed up in that melee. Also, why is the team penalized (they were already assessed 15 for the horse collar tackle plus the fact that they would have been getting the ball back) with the extra half-hour the-distance? Pushing the ref is not a football play. Getting ejected should be enough. No need to punish the team.

39RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And not only that but the refs let a lot of stupid stuff go early on, most of it initiated by Hamilton players. Even at the end, all that pushing and shoving when Harris was just taking the knee and there game was pretty much all done. Refs let this one go early and it showed late.

40RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:40 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:How dumb is the cfl for putting games on NfL Sunday? This should have been played yesterday

Don't think too many outside Ottawa and Hamilton would have cared.  I'll watch it on FFW when I get home.

it makes a difference for people like me in Ottawa who may have watched the game if it was on the Saturday instead. A lot of the younger generation doesn't like CFL especially compared to the NFL product

41RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:20 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Don't think too many outside Ottawa and Hamilton would have cared.  I'll watch it on FFW when I get home.

it makes a difference for people like me in Ottawa who may have watched the game if it was on the Saturday instead. A lot of the younger generation doesn't like CFL especially compared to the NFL product

There's no doubt the CFL games should've been on Saturday. Matching up against the NFL is stupid.

42RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jonathan Rose suspended for one have and will miss the Grey Cup. Not great.

43RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:59 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Jonathan Rose suspended for one have and will miss the Grey Cup. Not great.

That's what he gets for being a total idiot. If you can't control yourself, you don't deserve to be paid as a pro athlete.

44RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PA has filed an appeal. He might still be able to play (unless they RedBlacks suspend him).

45RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is it. Just a few more hours. I'm making my wings and dip like I did last Superbowl Sunday. And the only two kids that would actually enjoy the good and the game both have shifts. I'm going to be stuffed.

46RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hopefully the refs can be professional and not show negative bias against Ottawa because of Rose being in the lineup.

Given how the refs have performed they last few years I hold little hope of professionalism.

47RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bo Levi Mitchell. WTF kind of name is that. And why is he wearing a stupid bandana?

Trevor still has more rings.

48RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 3 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A bit of a silly game with the frozen field and players slipping constantly.

That punt return for a touchdown at the end of the first half really sunk the Redblacks. All they had to do was punt it out of bounds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum