GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RedBlacks 2019 Season

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty RedBlacks 2019 Season Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lots of roster churn in the off season as we lose our starting QB, leading receiver and running back, linebacker, offensive coordinator. This could be a loooong season and a short playoffs.

2RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The CFL is so unpredictable though. And hey, they hired Joe Paopao.

3RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Joe was the HC here, wasn't he? Now he's the running back coach - is that a but it a demotion?

4RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Davis has a good arm, but does he have accuracy, can he handle being a starter? He's got better mobility than Harris and is generally stronger. The receiving corps took a huge hit when Ellingson walked, so I expect there will be more running, both from the running backs and the QB. So losing the OC is not as big a problem because their offense will likely need to be significantly different compared to last few seasons.

It could also be just a horrific season. Thank goodness we're in the East.

5RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The current CBA expires May 18, 2 day before camps open. Players Association is urging its members to boycott training camp if there is no deal in place. Players will hold a strike vote on Wednesday.

6RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Picked to finish last in the East by pretty much everyone. Season starts for real tomorrow with a Grey Cup rematch against Calgary. Take the under. Their D is pretty much intact from last season, and they are not likely to add a lot of points to the total.

Rebuild year.

7RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ok, 2-0 is unexpected, for sure. Davis with 4 interceptions in game 1 was pretty much expected, but he wasn't phased by it at all, went out and drove the ball for the winning score with a great run and dive.  Then in the second game we have Collaros taken out by Simoni Lawrence, so easy pickings? Nope. Their backup goes toe-to-toe with Davis for one of the most exciting games I've seen in a long time. Davis's ability to throw ropes while on the dead run is too notch. He scored 3 TDs running in game 1, while throwing 4 (could have been worse) interceptions; then threw for 3 TDs and *no* interceptions in game 2.  It's only 2 games, but it's very intriguing.

8RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And then I watch the highlights of the Edmonton game and see Harris-to-Ellingson touch down bombs and I'm sad again Sad

9RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not a fan of bye weeks early in the season. I realize they need them because there is an of number of teams in the league, so every well there will be at least one team not playing. Hopefully when they expand they will do away with buy weeks before, say, werk 5.

Coming out of the bye week the Redbacks will have their biggest test going up against the top team in the league: the 1-0 Blue Bombers. That's right, there are two 2-0 teams but apparently 1-0 is better. But don't worry, the 1-0 Calgary Stampeders are in third place, two spots ahead of the 2-0 RedBlacks who best then in the season opener.

Makes absolutely no sense to me.

10RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wild finish in Calgary. Down two possessions with under 3 to go, BLM on the sidelines with an njury, the score a TD, convert the onside kick and score again for a 4-point win.

11RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting. Ottawa is the favorite for the game against the Bombers. Winnipeg leads the Power Ranking while Ottawa sits 5th, just behind the 1-1 Stampeders whom they beat in the opening week.

CFL is weird.

12RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There goes 18-0. The bye-week curse continues.

13RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh! Chance to win and with a 4 point lead they concede the safety. Then lose when Calgary scores a field goal.

The defense held them out of the end zone the whole night. Why not trust them?

14RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ugh! Chance to win and with a 4 point lead they concede the safety. Then lose when Calgary scores a field goal.

The defense held them out of the end zone the whole night. Why not trust them?

Yeah. I wouldn't have chose to concede the safety. That said, if you elect to punt out of your endzone and it gets blocked or whatever, then you look like an idiot too...it was a tough spot and just so happened that Campbell's decision blew up in his face.

15RedBlacks 2019 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2019 Season Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's more like it. Win a game against a division opponent and knock out their starting quarterback at the same time.

Davis must be leaving the league in interceptions by now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum