GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 Playoffs

+6
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 19]

1662018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon May 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

With the 22nd overall selection, the Ottawa Senators select...

1672018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon May 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well this is a nice turn of event

1682018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 5:31 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Why the Diddle did everyone except me pick Washington?????!?!?!  Washington loses to Pittsburgh.  This is just how it is.  It happens every time.  EVERY.  TIME.
Oh, hi.  Sarcasm  Washington was missing the equivalent of most teams first line. Still got it done. Pittsburgh was playing hurt, you could tell, but at least they were on the ice.

1692018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 5:33 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Wprager could sweep the entire 2nd round with the correct number of games too if Nashville wins on Thursday. Impressive.

1702018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 6:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For Mike and Carrie.

1712018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 6:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whoa! I didn't realize you meant teams *and* games. The only 2 that picked Winnipeg are Hobiesens and Lagoon, both 2 points back of me. If I'm just 2 points back heading into round 3 I'm a lot better off than I expected to be. If Nashville wins then I'd have a 7 point lead.

Go Mike, indeed!

1722018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 7:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, here's a read only link to the google sheet with the latest results updated.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iZYctqxb83YzrMadHtibocxZVvMv7x5d3GlVCIwH2pY/edit?usp=drivesdk

1732018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 7:33 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Why the Diddle did everyone except me pick Washington?????!?!?!  Washington loses to Pittsburgh.  This is just how it is.  It happens every time.  EVERY.  TIME.
Oh, hi.  Sarcasm  Washington was missing the equivalent of most teams first line. Still got it done. Pittsburgh was playing hurt, you could tell, but at least they were on the ice.

Yes, I am happy to be wrong in this case. I'm not entirely sure what happened to Pittsburgh considering Washington was missing Wilson, Backstrom, etc, but wow. Did they ever lay an egg last night. Half-way through the game, Pittsburgh had 7 (!) shots.... They were lucky to get into OT.

1742018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 8:34 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m happy you got this one wrong and I would hope you are too. slowclapslowclapslowclap

1752018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:By the way, here's a read only link to the google sheet with the latest results updated.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iZYctqxb83YzrMadHtibocxZVvMv7x5d3GlVCIwH2pY/edit?usp=drivesdk
Well that’s me then...  Laughing3

1762018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 12:35 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hobie and I could really use a Jets win to take the lead. How do the points work?

1772018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In the first round you get 2 for picking the right team and an additional bonus point if you also pick the right number of games (you cannot get the bonus points if you didn't pick the right team).

Points double in each subsequent round. So round 2 you get 4 for picking the right team, 2 more for the right number of games. This way each round you get a max 24 points.

1782018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks

1792018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue May 08, 2018 8:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's no hockey until Thursday night?! Way to go NHL.

1802018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There really should've been a couple more game 7s this round, but what can ya do....At least the Conference Finals start Friday night, so there's no wait between rounds.

1812018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Htim1_2 wrote:There really should've been a couple more game 7s this round, but what can ya do....At least the Conference Finals start Friday night, so there's no wait between rounds.
I really don’t mind if these playoffs don’t stretch that long. Will give GM’s more chance to evaluate their teams and work on how to improve their teams. Ie: more time for Dorion to work out a deal or two and not rush into something stupid

1822018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Htim1_2 wrote:There really should've been a couple more game 7s this round, but what can ya do....At least the Conference Finals start Friday night, so there's no wait between rounds.
I really don’t mind if these playoffs don’t stretch that long. Will give GM’s more chance to evaluate their teams and work on how to improve their teams. Ie: more time for Dorion to work out a deal or two and not rush into something stupid

All but 4 GMs will have all the time in the world come tomorrow night. Also, it's not like GMs have a ton to do during the playoffs. Their rosters are set. Other than watching the games and making suggestions to the coaching staff if they see fit, they're always doing roster evaluation.

1832018 Playoffs - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Wed May 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

All but 4 GMs will have all the time in the world come tomorrow night.  Also, it's not like GMs have a ton to do during the playoffs. Their rosters are set.  Other than watching the games and making suggestions to the coaching staff if they see fit, they're always doing roster evaluation.  

But those that miss on the cup, the only 3 other GM’s will likely be the ones trying to better their teams even more. 3 out of those 4 have been linked to kalrsson on top of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum