GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gone but not forgotten - notable obituaries

+7
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And poor Luke Perry.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, perry didnt live a full life, that's a shame

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I didn't realize that Sharon Stone had a massive stroke until I saw her tweeting her support to Perry.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Three fired at TSN1200. Steve Warne, James Abson and Dean Roberts. TGOR is now 2GOR.

Wonder of Steve's hate for the Leafs had anything to do with it. Isn't his on air buddy John Rodenburg the guy in charge? Would it have been his decision to let Steve go? It's gonna be brutal tomorrow morning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Three fired at TSN1200. Steve Warne, James Abson and Dean Roberts. TGOR is now 2GOR.

Wonder of Steve's hate for the Leafs had anything to do with it. Isn't his on air buddy John Rodenburg the guy in charge? Would it have been his decision to let Steve go? It's gonna be brutal tomorrow morning.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? Wonder why

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My guess would be cost cutting. They went from three to two (still called it TGOR by incorporating Matt Hamer - who produces the show) and now down to 1, and Steve is already the sports director on the station.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I miss Jungle (especially pre-Bell Jungle) and Buzz, and now Warnesy. He loved the Sens and hated the Leafs. His BTEW and parody songs will be missed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Very odd listening to Ian and Simmer doing the 61 second shootout. Strange that Pierre didn't mention anything.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wait...is the morning show now Ian and Simmer? I was gone on vacation for a week and saw that Steve Warne was let go with the two others...but what exactly is on in the morning now?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Three fired at TSN1200. Steve Warne, James Abson and Dean Roberts.  TGOR is now 2GOR.

Wonder of Steve's hate for the Leafs had anything to do with it. Isn't his on air buddy John Rodenburg the guy in charge? Would it have been his decision to let Steve go?  It's gonna be brutal tomorrow morning.

Horrible news. I get Sportsnet 960 out here which isn't bad but TGOR was good.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If they really needed to save some money, they should've just axed their mid-day show, "In the Box" with Steve Lloyd and Todd White. They are pretty bad together and I imagine that show had the lowest "listenership".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Most of the shows are pretty bad once you listen to satellite sports radio, IMO.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Most of the shows are pretty bad once you listen to satellite sports radio, IMO.

Yeah but is there Sens-centric shows on satellite? I think not...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

On Thursday Ian and Simmer filled in, saying they were doing it for 2 days until JR got back (he was in PEI with the Guelph team his daughter is on - they ended up winning the national title).

On Monday Ian and Simmer were still on but by now Ian was saying how he was filling in for JR, meaning Simmer is the new regular.

They've retired the name TGOR but don't have a new name yet.

It sucks because Steve was an unabashed #Sens fan and hated the Leafs. Simmer is neutral and JR is a Flames fan.

A Leafs fan win the 61 second shoot-out this morning. Horrible!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I listened this morning briefly to JR and Simmer. Meh. Steve was quite good at it. My commute is pretty short now, so I only listen for a few minutes each day.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wait, lee is hosting with Mendez now? Gawd, I can’t stand that guy! I might have to switch podcasts to simmer in the morning.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Versage is on with Mendes in the afternoon. I'm not a big fan of either. Somehow, the show that, by far, sucked the most (In The Box) is left intact with Steve Lloyd and Todd White. Typical Bell Media, I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum