GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
spader
SensHulk
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'm quite nervous Seidenberg is playing himself off Ottawa and onto Chicago or some contender that needs a veteran guy.

The more people talk about Seidenberg's near miracle comeback, the more I want him on Ottawa.
Yeah but how much would he be playing in Chicago? They already seem to have a 7 dman team.

I meant a contender in the vein of Chicago more than Chicago itself. A team that fancies itself a true contender and needs a 6th D-man with experience.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ICYMI: https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-announce-2016-17-training-camp-roster/c-281971976

Stephen Harper is among the invitees.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Also a 29-year old small center named Chad Nehring.

But no Mike Babcock Jr. Take that!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Nice little write up on Erkamps:
http://www.silversevensens.com/2016/9/21/12929374/macoy-erkamps-eager-to-make-a-name-for-himself-in-binghamton-ottawa-senators-nhl

He's not big -- 6'0" 198 lbs and at 21 he's not growing any more; but will likely add a few pounds, so 210-ish?  But he's a hard player, finishes his checks, drops the gloves to stand up for his team mates, and he's got an offensive flair, with 71 points in his last junior season.  True, he was an over-ager, and he partnered with Provorov, but still.  Skill-wise, can he do what Boro is doing now?  Hard to say until we've seen him play some pro hockey, at least, but it seems likely that his skill level is a little higher.  Other than that, he may have the same toolset as Boro.

He's a guy that you could likely sub in for Boro without losing much, but I would sincerely doubt he ever gets significant minutes in Ottawa.

This guy has character. Wore the 'C' for the Wheat Kings. Don't sell him short. With the internal cap and the need to carry 7D (and have a number to call up for injuries) there will be room for guys like Macoy to play a few games.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TSN season preview is up! http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/training-camp-preview-senators-focused-on-the-now%7E955389

Can we get the season started!!!!

I don't think I've been this excited for a season in years! Let's go let's go let's go!!!!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:TSN season preview is up! http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/training-camp-preview-senators-focused-on-the-now%7E955389

Can we get the season started!!!!

I don't think I've been this excited for a season in years! Let's go let's go let's go!!!!!!

Less go 'sti!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not to rain on the parade, but we're gonna face a really tough battle in our division:

Canadiens (improved if Price is healthy)
Red Wings (weak, not pushovers)
Sabres (improved)
Maple Leafs (improved)
Lightning (still strong)
Panthers (still strong)
Bruins (weak, not pushovers)

So there's a couple legit heavyweights in the Florida teams, and then the Habs, Leafs, and Sabres should all be better.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Consistency is a word used too often, but this season it really applies. We need to avoid any long losing streaks and bring it every night to hope to grab the wildcard.

I actually think Detroit is in a lot of trouble, but that's been said year after year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Not to rain on the parade, but we're gonna face a really tough battle in our division:

Sabres (improved)
Maple Leafs (improved)
Lightning (still strong)
Panthers (still strong)

So there's a couple legit heavyweights in the Florida teams, and then the Habs, Leafs, and Sabres should all be better.  

You're right about all those teams. Just imagine the bewilderment in those markets when they all get Wing Dang Doodle slapped by Your. Ottawa. Senatores!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Their faces will be like  Vertigo

and we'll be all like Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 852933671

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And I'll be like Munch

And Montreal will be like Burning Car

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal has all the potential to be a mess. Toronto might let more goals in that they can score and Boston and the wings could be trending down. It's never easy in hockey but I think we could finish in the top 2 in the east depending what happens in Florida, if some of their players take a step back and obviously there's always injuries. We'll see how serious ekblad's concussion

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Montreal has all the potential to be a mess. is garbage. Toronto might let more goals in that they can score and is most definitely garbage. Boston and the wings could be trending down are garbage. It's never easy in hockey but I think we could finish in the top 2 in the east depending what happens in Florida, if some of their players take a step back and obviously there's always injuries. We'll see how serious ekblad's concussion

fyp. You're welcome. ThisJustIn!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Not to rain on the parade, but we're gonna face a really tough battle in our division:

Sabres (improved)
Maple Leafs (improved)
Lightning (still strong)
Panthers (still strong)

Not to mop up your rain, but:

Canadiens: We were only a few points back before they melted down for real. Price will not play 82 games. They will be a harder team to play against, with Weber, but outside of Weber their defense is suspect. They are still coached by Therrien.

Red Wings: don't have a #1 that's reliable, Alfie is long gone, Hossa is aging, Mr. Magic is gone

Sabres: could be a good team if Lehner plays a full season and they get rid of Kane and get rid of him right away.

Maple Leafs: The gave a semi-proven backup a starter's contract and it could bite them big time. But they are more than a steady #1 away from being competitive.

Lighting: Seen Stamkos? He hasn't exactly looked dominating. They had to remove a part of a rib when fixing his blood clot issue. Problem was the mechanics of his windup and slapper is why he had the bloodclots and that's why he needed surgery. Very unclear if he can be as effective as he was 2 years ago. Drouin has done very well to replace some of his offense but that was a handful games in the playoffs so nothing proven yet. They have the best goaltending in the Division, though.

Panthers: Jagr is old and was their leading scorer; Lalongo isn't getting younger either. Ekblad was concussed at the WCH which is something like his 3rd concussion in 2 years. Red flag, for sure.

Boston: They are a shell of their former selves. If Rask plays like he did a few years ago they'll still be a tough team, but they are a shell of what they used to be.

Every single team in the East has warts. Remember we were 1 point back of 2nd with a game in hand when Turris went down. Since that time we replaced Cowen/Wiercioch with Phaneuf and have balanced our pairings so there's a leftie/rightie and a puck mover/stay-at-home on each pairing; young players are a year older and more experienced, nobody is yet past their prime; Ryan will have a left-handed center; the PP will not have just righties moving the puck; MacArthur should be healthy; we have a coaching staff.

About the only player we lost of any value is Zibanejad, and he was replaced with a (short-term at least) better player. We've upgraded our D, our forwards and our coaching.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Sabres (improved)
Maple Leafs (improved)
Lightning (still strong)
Panthers (still strong)

Not to mop up your rain, but:

Canadiens: We were only a few points back before they melted down for real.  Price will not play 82 games.  They will be a harder team to play against, with Weber, but outside of Weber their defense is suspect.  They are still coached by Therrien.

Red Wings: don't have a #1 that's reliable, Alfie is long gone, Hossa is aging, Mr. Magic is gone

Sabres: could be a good team if Lehner plays a full season and they get rid of Kane and get rid of him right away.

Maple Leafs: The gave a semi-proven backup a starter's contract and it could bite them big time.  But they are more than a steady #1 away from being competitive.

Lighting: Seen Stamkos?  He hasn't exactly looked dominating.  They had to remove a part of a rib when fixing his blood clot issue.  Problem was the mechanics of his windup and slapper is why he had the bloodclots and that's why he needed surgery.  Very unclear if he can be as effective as he was 2 years ago.  Drouin has done very well to replace some of his offense but that was a handful games in the playoffs so nothing proven yet.  They have the best goaltending in the Division, though.

Panthers: Jagr is old and was their leading scorer; Lalongo isn't getting younger either.  Ekblad was concussed at the WCH which is something like his 3rd concussion in 2 years.  Red flag, for sure.  

Boston: They are a shell of their former selves.  If Rask plays like he did a few years ago they'll still be a tough team, but they are a shell of what they used to be.

Every single team in the East has warts.  Remember we were 1 point back of 2nd with a game in hand when Turris went down.  Since that time we replaced Cowen/Wiercioch with Phaneuf and have balanced our pairings so there's a leftie/rightie and a puck mover/stay-at-home on each pairing; young players are a year older and more experienced, nobody is yet past their prime; Ryan will have a left-handed center; the PP will not have just righties moving the puck; MacArthur should be healthy; we have a coaching staff.

About the only player we lost of any value is Zibanejad, and he was replaced with a (short-term at least) better player.  We've upgraded our D, our forwards and our coaching.  

Does Hossa play for the Red Wings? Did you mean Zetterberg? Also, Mrazek is a legit #1. Still, the Wings will be junk.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Courtesy of Big Papi from HFB. Here's the Sens training camp roster:

Five goaltenders, 2015-16 team(s):
Craig Anderson (Ottawa - NHL),
Chris Driedger (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Scott Greenham (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Andrew Hammond (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Matt O'Connor (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL).

Seventeen (17) defencemen, 2015-16 team(s):
Matt Bartkowski (Vancouver - NHL),
Mark Borowiecki (Ottawa - NHL),
Chris Carlisle (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Cody Ceci (Ottawa - NHL),
Thomas Chabot (Saint John - QMJHL),
Fredrik Claesson (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
ndreas Englund (Djurgårdens - Swe. Jr., Djurgårdens - SHL),
Macoy Erkamps (Brandon - WHL),
Ben Harpur* (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Erik Karlsson ** (Ottawa - NHL),
Michael Kostka (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Maxime Lajoie (Swift Current - WHL),
Guillaume Lepine (Binghamton - AHL),
Marc Methot (Ottawa - NHL),
Dion Phaneuf (Toronto - NHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Patrick Sieloff (Stockton - AHL, Calgary - NHL),
Chris Wideman (Ottawa - NHL).

Thirty (30) forwards, 2015-16 team(s):
Casey Bailey (Toronto - AHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Mike Blunden (Syracuse - AHL, Tampa Bay - NHL),
Derick Brassard (N.Y. Rangers - NHL),
Logan Brown (Windsor - OHL),
Filip Chlapik (Charlottetown - QMJHL),
Vincent Dunn* (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Ryan Dzingel (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Kyle Flanagan (Adirondack - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Gabriel Gagne (Victoriaville - QMJHL, Shawinigan - QMJHL),
Stephen Harper (Hamilton - OHL, Niagara - OHL),
Mike Hoffman (Ottawa - NHL),
Chris Kelly (Boston - NHL),
Curtis Lazar (Ottawa - NHL),
Clarke MacArthur (Ottawa - NHL),
Max McCormick (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Chad Nehring (Hartford - AHL),
Chris Neil (Ottawa - NHL),
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (Ottawa - NHL),
Nick Paul (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Francis Perron (Rouyn-Noranda - QMJHL),
Matt Puempel (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Tom Pyatt (Genève-Servette - Swiss NLA),
Buddy Robinson (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Ryan Rupert (Orlando - ECHL, Toronto - AHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Bobby Ryan (Ottawa - NHL),
Zack Smith (Ottawa - NHL),
Mark Stone (Ottawa - NHL),
Zack Stortini (Binghamton - AHL),
Kyle Turris (Ottawa - NHL),
Phil Varone (Rochester - AHL, Binghamton - AHL, Buffalo - NHL, Ottawa - NHL).

* Will miss the opening of training camp due to injury.

** Will not participate in training camp on account of representing Sweden at the World Cup of Hockey.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They should sign harper before it's too late

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty much what we've all been saying. Except he thinks Pyatt-Kelly-Neil will be the 4th line and Paul will be in Bingo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum