GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does Ottawa do July 1st?

+8
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Do we sign anyone of significance on July 1st? Make a trade like the Ryan trade? Do nothing?

2What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What we should do or what we will do?

What we should do is sign Eriksson, Brower and Campbell and take an active run at the cup.

What we will do is sign someone likr polak and someone like matthias or p-a parenteau.

3What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What a waste of a thread. They do nothing, like they do every year.

4What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Eriksson I strongly believe could have worked. With Stamkos and Lucic basically gone, he becomes the most coveted guy and will receive far more than he deserves. I can see Vancouver getting him.

5What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:What we should do or what we will do?

What we should do is sign Eriksson, Brower and Campbell and take an active run at the cup.

What we will do is sign someone likr polak and someone like matthias or p-a parenteau.

What will we do. Call the shot.

I'll say they sign stempniak and a dman, perhaps polak.

6What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Eriksson I strongly believe could have worked.  With Stamkos and Lucic basically gone, he becomes the most coveted guy and will receive far more than he deserves.  I can see Vancouver getting him.

Yeah, agreed. Almost no chance of him.or Ladd now. Brouwer unlikely as well, though he's absolutely perfect.

7What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:38 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

They'll sign Weise or Purcell for the 3rd line, then sign someone like Kris Russell or Nikitin (a LD to pair with Wideman) OR a guy like Polak, Gryba, Lovejoy to play with Boro while leaving Wideman as the 7th D or letting him be a #1D in the AHL.

8What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Weise very good friends with sack smith. Would be a good third or fourth line

9What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Weise very good friends with sack smith. Would be a good third or fourth line

I think he'd be great on that line. Smith-JGP-Weise would be just fine. That makes the 4th line more of a competition, but I'd expect to see Puempel/Paul-Lazar-Neil. 

It's also very possible that Dzingel and Paul are sent back down to anchor the B-Sens.

10What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:They'll sign Weise or Purcell for the 3rd line, then sign someone like Kris Russell or Nikitin (a LD to pair with Wideman) OR a guy like Polak, Gryba, Lovejoy to play with Boro while leaving Wideman as the 7th D or letting him be a #1D in the AHL.
I think weise is a very good possibility but not my optimal choice but could very well be pierre's target. Polar seems like a possible choice too.i think lovejoy will get a better deal somewhere else but for sure that could be an option.

Unrealistically for the positions we are filling I think Campbell and browser would have been perfect but unlikely as they will be too expensive.
I also doubt we land Kris Russell, he'll be in demand.

11What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd rather a guy who can offer more offense than Weise.

12What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I'd rather a guy who can offer more offense than Weise.
I agree but it seems like the type of target we'd go after. I don't think we hire anyone for the 3rd RW position at anything more than 2.5-3 mill.
Same for the D position.

#budgetingforchange

13What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:54 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Weiss will be looking for 3M minimum.

14What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

According to Dorion, he plans on getting a depth d-man, and that's about it. I like the idea of Weise...a good replacement for Chiasson, but I dunno if we'd be getting the Weise that lead Montreal in scoring for a good portion of the season, or the Weise that couldn't crack Chicago's lineup.

So much of what we can/will do hinges on Hoffman. I believe Ceci will get resigned without much problem (the organization loves him), but Hoffman is a different case. He could end up a part of a big trade. I think if we see anything significant this off-season, it'll be Hoff or ZBad getting traded.

15What does Ottawa do July 1st? Empty Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st? Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ugh, yeah, Dorion wasn't mincing words, he's doing very little to nothing. Maybe a third liner and maybe a veteran D-man, but he's watching the prospect camp and thinking they can do just as well. I hope he realizes that we thought that last year too...and perhaps the year before where we barely snuck into the playoffs.

I'm starting to really cool on the idea of Eriksson, I was all about it, but the more I think of his age, plus concussion issues, plus the long term, big money contract he likely wants, I think the better route is to go by trade.

However...I can see the trade talks on hold until at least next off season when they see another year of development out of White and Brown specifically and see where Perron, Paul, Dzingel etc. are. Maybe more rests on Lazar than anyone.

I get that feeling again...that feeling we always had with Murray where basically nothing is gonna happen. Is that a good or bad thing? Who knows...but we all know we need depth. And Weise isn't the answer, we need a guy who can chip in offense, both on line 3 and in the top 6 when needed. Pony up for Brouwer (although I doubt he wants to come here).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum