GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Ev
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
spader
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If it gets to arbitration he's gone. Teams cannot trade a player who is awaiting arbitration, but they can be traded after the hearing. I think you were thinking about matching an offer sheet -- you cannot trade that player for one year.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:ZBad is indeed staying in Ottawa this summer to work out.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/zibanejad-changing-up-summer-routine

Yes, we all read that.  Back in April.  Has there been any confirmation since then?

What the hell is wrong with you?  You now want a follow-up story to see if ZBad is sticking to what he said?

What the hell is wrong with me? He said all the right things -- when have we heard that before. Guess we'll see in September if he followed through on his promises.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:If he goes to arb, when can we sign him to an extension after the ruling?

If he goes to arbitration, it doesn't matter, because he'll never sign another contract with Ottawa after that.

He's been on one-year deals since entry level. His patience should have run out long ago. Laugh1

It did, but he had no options. Next year he is UFA and full of options.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man Hoffman has to be the most overrated Sen in last 20 years

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Man Hoffman has to be the most overrated Sen in last 20 years

Meh, I think he's slightly overrated, but his release and offensive instincts are needed on this team imo. At least until someone else comes along or is acquired who can tickle 30 goals.

I like bobby still, but I dare him to come close to 30. Stone maybe, Turris maybe, but Hoffman could fairly easily do it.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:ZBad is indeed staying in Ottawa this summer to work out.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/zibanejad-changing-up-summer-routine

Yes, we all read that.  Back in April.  Has there been any confirmation since then?

What the hell is wrong with you?  You now want a follow-up story to see if ZBad is sticking to what he said?

What the hell is wrong with me?  He said all the right things -- when have we heard that before.  Guess we'll see in September if he followed through on his promises.

HE was DJing in Ottawa on Canada Day (escapade music fest?). I think he was back in sweden after the season ended but basically back now in Ottawa for the rest of the year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, back to back over 25 goals season. No one is saying give him Bobby rye money but pay the man and have him stick around. You see many 25-30 goal scorers growing on trees? Or ready to play out of our system? I don't!

Plus if he did sign long term and didn't pan out as much then you could still trade him for something in return. Right now with each passing month his value goes down.

Heck I'd almost say sign and trade but I don't want that reputation for the sens (again)

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Based on what?
Overrated by whom? HFBoards? The fanbase in general? Pretty much every prospect is hyped to the sun and back.

Like it or not he IS one of the most productive forwards we've ever drafted and developed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

Based on what?
Overrated by whom? HFBoards? The fanbase in general? Pretty much every prospect is hyped to the sun and back.

Like it or not he IS one of the most productive forwards we've ever drafted and developed.

I don't see how this can be said after he has played two seasons.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I liked Pierre Dorion's response yesterday, questioning why there's a panic about Hoffman. Of course I also heard the same from BMurr about Alfie not being signed. 'I'm sure we'll get it done'. Nope.

But back to Dorion's comments, he made a point about not losing any players to UFA, and he's right. Everyone was losing their Dung 2 years ago about not being able to re-sign Bobby Ryan, Clarke Macarthur, Marc Methot, Craig Anderson since they were all going to be UFAs at the same time. They all got signed, and that's when Dorion was heavily involved in negotiations after Bryan Murray was diagnosed with Cancer. Think they'll come through on this one. Sounds like they're aiming for a long term deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I liked Pierre Dorion's response yesterday, questioning why there's a panic about Hoffman.  Of course I also heard the same from BMurr about Alfie not being signed. 'I'm sure we'll get it done'.  Nope.

But back to Dorion's comments, he made a point about not losing any players to UFA, and he's right.  Everyone was losing their Dung 2 years ago about not being able to re-sign Bobby Ryan, Clarke Macarthur, Marc Methot, Craig Anderson since they were all going to be UFAs at the same time.  They all got signed, and that's when Dorion was heavily involved in negotiations after Bryan Murray was diagnosed with Cancer.  Think they'll come through on this one.  Sounds like they're aiming for a long term deal.  
I certainly hope so.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I liked Pierre Dorion's response yesterday, questioning why there's a panic about Hoffman.  Of course I also heard the same from BMurr about Alfie not being signed. 'I'm sure we'll get it done'.  Nope.

But back to Dorion's comments, he made a point about not losing any players to UFA, and he's right.  Everyone was losing their Dung 2 years ago about not being able to re-sign Bobby Ryan, Clarke Macarthur, Marc Methot, Craig Anderson since they were all going to be UFAs at the same time.  They all got signed, and that's when Dorion was heavily involved in negotiations after Bryan Murray was diagnosed with Cancer.  Think they'll come through on this one.  Sounds like they're aiming for a long term deal.  

That's what a lot of people have been saying from the beginning. The Sens NEVER let guys walk due to not paying them - with the exception of Alfie, which was so dumb. They sign everyone they set out to.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Those deals to McKinnon and Schiefele...wow. So much for the bridge deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Those deals to McKinnon and Schiefele...wow. So much for the bridge deal.

McKinnon is an f-ing fantastic deal. Dung...Schiefele is not bad either TBH. Bridge my Donkey.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Amazing to me that people still put any weight in what is said by GMs regarding negotiations.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Amazing to me that people still put any weight in what is said by GMs regarding negotiations.

I might have agreed if it was Bryan Murray. With Dorion, I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any trades?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My lawn is trading its yellow colour for a faint shade of green.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum