GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 NHL Draft Discussion

+8
tim1_2
SensHulk
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

12016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Discuss

22016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is this the right thread for our annual let's trade (established player) for a pick so we can get (insert future bust's name here) discussion?

32016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we should trade Hoffman for a pick so we can get Patrick Laine

42016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Last year the lottery was held on April 18, the first Saturday following the end of the regular season. Assuming they do the same this year, the draft lottery will take place on April 16.

43 days until Draft Lottery
Sens odds: 3.5%

Now, that's the odds of winning the top pick. The remaining 13 teams that don't win the 1st overall are then in a draw for the 2nd, and then the remaining 12 are in the draw for the 3rd. However I have not (yet) found a site that calculates the odds for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Guess we'll just have to wait 43 days.

112 days until the actual Draft Day 2016.

52016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tyson Jost?

62016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Is this the right thread for our annual let's trade (established player) for a pick so we can get (insert future bust's name here) discussion?

Ev wrote:I think we should trade Hoffman for a pick so we can get Patrick Laine

This had to be deliberate, right?

72016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:30 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone have a good read on who we might select? I don't know a lot about this draft class. Anyone I should start looking up?

82016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Anyone have a good read on who we might select? I don't know a lot about this draft class. Anyone I should start looking up?

In 10 years of following the Sens draft I have never been confident who they were gonna pick.

92016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:12 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Tyson Jost?

Sounds too much like Travis Yost. Pass...

102016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Anyone have a good read on who we might select? I don't know a lot about this draft class. Anyone I should start looking up?

I think it's time to swing for the fences in the earlier rounds. We've got plenty of character with Turris, Stone, Pageau, Lazar, White, Boro, Phaneuf. Time to go for flashy skill but not wait until round 3 or later. An upgrade at center will have to come from a trade, but that shouldn't stop us from drafting a high-skill center for 5-6 years down the road.

112016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:

Sounds too much like Travis Yost.  Pass...

Tyson Jost Retweeted
SportsCentre ‏@SportsCentre 29 Nov 2015

CITY OF CHAMPIONS: @EdmontonEsks defeat @REDBLACKS 26-20 to win 103rd #GreyCup!

Not a fan of the RedBlacks. Pass.

122016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Logan Brown is a 6'6" 222 lbs center.  Not likely a 1st rounder but he could be still around in the 2nd if the Sens aren't picking too late.  Did I mention he is 6'6" and 222 lbs?  At 18?  (well, he's turning 18 tomorrow)

Edit: Son of ex-NHLer Jeff Brown and spends his summers outside Ottawa (he is US born but is Canadian).  6'6" center from Ottawa.  Slam dunk.

Edit#2: I'd be he cheered *FOR* the RedBlacks.

132016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

brown is definitely a 1st rounder IIRC

142016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

I think it's time to swing for the fences in the earlier rounds.  We've got plenty of character with Turris, Stone, Pageau, Lazar, White, Boro, Phaneuf.  Time to go for flashy skill but not wait until round 3 or later.  An upgrade at center will have to come from a trade, but that shouldn't stop us from drafting a high-skill center for 5-6 years down the road.  

Those can be found in the later rounds in Europe. (those Ondrej Palats types of guys).

I'd rather continue to load up on D tbh.

152016 NHL Draft Discussion Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

Sounds too much like Travis Yost.  Pass...

Tyson Jost, C – Penticton Vees (BCHL): Very few players can claim the amount of success that Jost has experienced this year. He and Vees teammate Dante Fabbro both won gold at the Ivan Hlinka summer tourney and just won gold with Canada West at the World Jr. A Challenge. They’re also part of a juggernaut Penticton squad that has run up a 31-4-1 record in the B.C. League, which included an eye-popping win streak.
“It’s pretty special when you go 23 games without a loss,” Jost said. “It’s nice to experience all those wins, but you just have to focus and try to keep getting better.”
Well, how about getting yourself named MVP of the WJAC? Because that’s what Jost did, racking up nine points in four games to lead the tournament in scoring. A smart, strong player with excellent vision and a great shot, Jost was called “the real deal” by one NHL scout I spoke to and he’ll definitely be a first-rounder this summer when the draft hits Buffalo. Committed to North Dakota, Jost will be fun to watch with the Fighting Hawks next season.
“North Dakota is such a great hockey program,” he said. “When you look at their rink and the facilities – it’s pretty special when you go into ‘The Ralph’ and see how nice the rink is and all the stuff that can help you develop into an NHL player. I see so much growth and improvement for me at North Dakota.”
In the meantime, Jost will continue to tear it up in Penticton, where he is one of three players in the league to be scoring at a rate of two points per game (he has 61 in 30). And with the world juniors coming up, it’s hard not to think he will be one of those rare NCAA players with a shot at playing for Canada as soon as next year – President Tom Renney even joked he was “subliminally scouting” Jost and Fabbro at the WJAC.
“You see some of your buddies there and think hopefully one day I can represent my country there,” Jost said. “It’s a special tournament and a prestigious tournament and we’ll cross that bridge when it comes.”

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/prospect-need-to-know-tyson-jost-is-a-canadian-hero/

This guy is gonna be good. The other guy I want badly is: Jacob Chychrun

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum