GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #22: Sens @ Avalanche - 9:30pm - Wednesday Nov. 25 2015

+4
SensHulk
spader
tim1_2
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #22: Sens @ Avalanche - 9:30pm - Wednesday Nov. 25 2015

(The Mile High edition)

GAME DAY #22: Sens @ Avalanche - 9:30pm - Wednesday Nov. 25 2015 Large GAME DAY #22: Sens @ Avalanche - 9:30pm - Wednesday Nov. 25 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #22: Sens @ Avalanche - 9:30pm - Wednesday Nov. 25 2015 Large

The Sens are riding a season-high three-game winning streak thanks to some opportunistic scoring against the top team in the league. Although Anderson gave up 4 goals (after two straight shutouts) he was certainly better than the two Dallas goalies as the Sens exploded for 7 goals. Birthday boy Hoffman potted two (including a bank-shot empty-netter from his own face-off-circle -- wait, he was on in the last minute? that's coach's trust); Pageau with two, including another shorty; Ryan on a beautiful steal; Stone, Michalek. Through all that Karlsson managed one assist. Hoffman's first was with the man advantage, as the PP went 1 for 3. Ryan's goal extended his scoring streak (don't ask, no time to look it up). The winning goal ends up being Pageau's shorty.

Now on to Colorado. Break out the oxygen bags. I suspect we might be seeing Driedger in goal, as Anderson has played the last six or seven in a row, and after weathering the shot-storm in Dallas it's probably not a bad idea to give him the night off in the low-oxygen Mile High arena. Also half-expecting to see Colin Greening take Prince's spot.

GO SENS GO!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Coach Cameron confirmed last night that there will likely be no lineup changes, and he said Matrix will start in goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Andy's on a roll. I'm OK with that decision, for sure. Just thought that Wamsley would want him to have a day off -- I thought I read somewhere that's what he does (backup in automatically on a back-to-back). Just hope he had lots to drink before, during, and after the flight to Colorado. Don't want to be dehydrated up there.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, if there was ever a time to start the backup, this would be it. I bet they would've if it was Hammond, but maybe they're not ready to trust Driedger with NHL games yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens took just 2 minors last night. The PK went 2 for 2 so that's 9 in a row without giving up a goal. They are still back at 23rd place, though. If they go another 9 for 9 they will be up to 80.2%, good for 15th (and just ahead of Dallas). Kinda shows how bad it was for the first 15 or so games.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Sens took just 2 minors last night.  The PK went 2 for 2 so that's 9 in a row without giving up a goal.  They are still back at 23rd place, though.  If they go another 9 for 9 they will be up to 80.2%, good for 15th (and just ahead of Dallas).  Kinda shows how bad it was for the first 15 or so games.

It goes hand-in-hand with the generally poor team defence, which is a hallmark of a young team. There's no quick-fix, and this will be an on-going problem all season, and likely next year too.

Well I shouldn't say "no quick-fix"...obviously a pretty good fix would be getting a couple top-4 defencemen, but that's not likely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, if there was ever a time to start the backup, this would be it.  I bet they would've if it was Hammond, but maybe they're not ready to trust Driedger with NHL games yet.  

They asked Pierre on TGOR. You beat the top team in the league, now you're going to play one of the worst. Colorado just go back from a 7 game road trip. You're right, if ever there was a time this is it. Then Pierre starts talking about dehydration and the risk of injury and I figure he's thinking along the same lines -- rest your #1 against the weaker team rather than risk injury. But then he does a U-turn in his thinking and says he'd go with Anderson. It's like someone, outside of our hearing, told him that Cameron had already named the starter and he switched mid-sentence.

Anyhow, I'm OK. He's riding a three-game winning streak, 4 goals in 3 games, not PP goals allowed, and they'll have 3 days in the desert sun to rest up. Just stay hydrated.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Ryan's goal extended his scoring streak (don't ask, no time to look it up).  

GO SENS GO!!!

I believe it's 9 games now. Career best.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think if it's anyone but colorado, anderson would be resting. I actually would like to see Driedger get the start but if you're number 1 is gearing up to play, u gotta give him the game.

I expect a loss of epic proportion tonight. We may have won in dallas, but we literally NEVER win in Colorado. Think we haven't won since the yashin days.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:I think if it's anyone but colorado, anderson would be resting.  I actually would like to see Driedger get the start but if you're number 1 is gearing up to play, u gotta give him the game.  

I expect a loss of epic proportion tonight.  We may have won in dallas, but we literally NEVER win in Colorado.  Think we haven't won since the yashin days.

His record against his other former team isn't that good. Something like 1-3-1. Florida, for sure, almost an automatic W, not so much with Colorado.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SENS win big tonight, Patty Roy walks up to his boss (sitting behind the bench for some reason) and says: Dis is my lass game for coach de Havalanches!!!!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:I think if it's anyone but colorado, anderson would be resting.  I actually would like to see Driedger get the start but if you're number 1 is gearing up to play, u gotta give him the game.  

I expect a loss of epic proportion tonight.  We may have won in dallas, but we literally NEVER win in Colorado.  Think we haven't won since the yashin days.

His record against his other former team isn't that good.  Something like 1-3-1.  Florida, for sure, almost an automatic W, not so much with Colorado.

Probably why he's chomping at the bit. He wants to win in Colorado I bet.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:SENS win big tonight, Patty Roy walks up to his boss (sitting behind the bench for some reason) and says: Dis is my lass game for coach de Havalanches!!!!

Laugh1 and he will wave to the crowd as they boo

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:SENS win big tonight, Patty Roy walks up to his boss (sitting behind the bench for some reason) and says: Dis is my lass game for coach de Havalanches!!!!

And we score another touchdown.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd be shocked if Dreidger sees a game in the NHL.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum