GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015)

+3
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Ev
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling #2 prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap282%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 82% [ 9 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #2 (2015) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:You should have shown us that at the end of all the polls to see how we match up against the sens scouts!  But you ruined it! :slap:
**** written by Garioch.take it for what it's worth. All the players are from prior draft so I would imagine this is pre draft? And maybe even a while back? Does it include recent performance?

EDIT: ya it was written last year. So it pretty much doesn't take into account the recent development of players from last year.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:You should have shown us that at the end of all the polls to see how we match up against the sens scouts!  But you ruined it! :slap:
**** written by Garioch.take it for what it's worth. All the players are from prior draft so I would imagine this is pre draft? And maybe even a while back? Does it include recent performance?

EDIT: ya it was written last year. So it pretty much doesn't take into account the recent development of players from last year.

Garrioch didn't do the rankings and he is the most connected guy anyway.

This was written in the winter of this year. Not last year. If it was last year Paul wouldn't be in the top 100.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well since none of those top-10 are generational talents then, naturally, the first rounders from this draft go right to the top. According to Ev.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Well since none of those top-10 are generational talents then, naturally, the first rounders from this draft go right to the top.  According to Ev.

Next year's future watch will no doubt have Chabot in White in the Top 3-4 with O'Connor and Paul ( if he isn't in the NHL)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, well, might as well keep it unanimous. Prince and Puempel aren't that far apart but I doubt both play for the Sens, and Puempel is organizational favorite (both got called up but Prince only got one game; there were rumblings about Prince's attitude).

The more I read about White the more interesting he becomes but if he's committed to BC next season then the earliest we see him in Bingo is at the end of 2015-16 (when BC's season is done and Bingo is, hopefully, still in the playoffs). So no chance at a callup this season unless the Sens are completely out of it. Most likely outcome is White spends 1-2 seasons in BC and then 2-1 seasons in the AHL, so 3 seasons before he pushes for a full-time roster spot. Hard to get excited at that.

Puempel showed last season he deserves a roster spot; no-one else is that close. And he's a goal scorer to boot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't even know why I voted. I have to wait until white is off the board to pick differently

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Oh, well, might as well keep it unanimous.  Prince and Puempel aren't that far apart but I doubt both play for the Sens, and Puempel is organizational favorite (both got called up but Prince only got one game; there were rumblings about Prince's attitude).

The more I read about White the more interesting he becomes but if he's committed to BC next season then the earliest we see him in Bingo is at the end of 2015-16 (when BC's season is done and Bingo is, hopefully, still in the playoffs).  So no chance at a callup this season unless the Sens are completely out of it.  Most likely outcome is White spends 1-2 seasons in BC and then 2-1 seasons in the AHL, so 3 seasons before he pushes for a full-time roster spot.  Hard to get excited at that.

Puempel showed last season he deserves a roster spot; no-one else is that close.  And he's a goal scorer to boot.

He won't take that long based on Dorion's comments and everything we know about him. Might not need any AHL time at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Name the last NCAA sophomore that made the jump directly to the NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Johhny Hockey was a sophomore at BC in 2012-13 when he won the Hobey Baker. He ended up playing one more season in BC (got a one-game callup at the end of the season) and then was ROTY finalist last year.

I think it's fair to say that jumping into the NHL after your freshman season in the NCAA is very rare.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Eichel is about to do it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Johhny Hockey was a sophomore at BC in 2012-13 when he won the Hobey Baker.  He ended up playing one more season in BC (got a one-game callup at the end of the season) and then was ROTY finalist last year.

I think it's fair to say that jumping into the NHL after your freshman season in the NCAA is very rare.

You're talking about a completely different type of player in Gaudreau. Colin White is very much like Lazar and will be in the NHL in two years at the most.

There are probably lots of guys who played in the NCAA the year after they were drafted then played NHL the year after, with maybe bit of AHL time in between. Chris Kreider is one, Dylan Larkin will be one (a guy extremely similar to White). Jacob Trouba is one. Noah Hanifin will play NHL this year.

Your asking to compare to other players but each player is a different case. White has the ability to play in the NHL quicker than most because of his pro-style two-way game and skating ability.

Here are similar players:

Patrice Bergeron and Ryan O'Reilly were 2nd rounders who made the NHL right after they were drafted.

Zemgus Girgensons played AHL right after being drafted then played in the NHL the year after.

Larkin played one season NCAA and will be in the NHL this year at some point at least.

Lazar played one season WHL then made the Sens.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Was between Wikstrand and Puempel... went with Wikstrand. I know too much about the guy at this point to not put him in the top 3. Hasn't played a game on NA ice as a pro but high hopes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:I don't know what you are talking about. White won't come in for me until 4rth or 5th. I'm ranking Chabot ahead of him and I'm tempted to slide Prince in there also. To me Prince has top6 forward potential. I'm not sure if white can get there. He has to really work at developing his offence from what I heard. He does everything else right.

I think White is a much safer bet to be an NHLer than Chabot and I would put him ahead.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I don't know what you are talking about. White won't come in for me until 4rth or 5th. I'm ranking Chabot ahead of him and I'm tempted to slide Prince in there also. To me Prince has top6 forward potential. I'm not sure if white can get there. He has to really work at developing his offence from what I heard. He does everything else right.

I think White is a much safer bet to be an NHLer than Chabot and I would put him ahead.
I think he's probably one of the safest bet you're right but it's his upside that I'm unsure of. Like I mentioned before, is it bergeron or chris Kelly. I'm not sure. If it's chris Kelly than I would for sure rank chabot ahead. And that's why I'm a convo about ranking I'll go with a bit of skepticism after players a re just drafted.
The low side of Chabot has him as a top 4 guy. Which to me is better than a chris Kelly type.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Was between Wikstrand and Puempel... went with Wikstrand.  I know too much about the guy at this point to not put him in the top 3.  Hasn't played a game on NA ice as a pro but high hopes.
Remember the last guy that hadn't played a game in NA that was being named the best D outside NA? Ya.... That sure hit a dive.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Was between Wikstrand and Puempel... went with Wikstrand.  I know too much about the guy at this point to not put him in the top 3.  Hasn't played a game on NA ice as a pro but high hopes.
Remember the last guy that hadn't played a game in NA that was being named the best D outside NA? Ya.... That sure hit a dive.

The one before that turned out pretty well though. Nod

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rundblad generated a lot of buzz because he was breaking SEL records. At the time I took a look at the all-time SEL full-season points leaders and didn't see any well-known NHLers among the top-quit-a-few. But I don't think Wikstrand is setting the SEL on fire with point production.

As for Chabot, I hate to say it, but he reminds be a lot of Wiercioch. He took a hell of a lot longer to get to the NHL than we all thought and almost didn't make it based on how he was treated in the first half of last year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum